currently one scholarship open/manny not happy

shannon didnt get us in the shapiro mess. if anything he stopped him
as for being a DC he is clearly better then Diaz but im sure you will point out that he had talent. and with that amount of talent a cave man could have been that good. Dis like the man for being a avg. head coach but dont take away from him being a good DC.

Facts.

Diaz doesn't hold a Candle to Randy Shannon.

And miss me with that talent bullshid. We just watched Golden and NoD squander tons of NFL talent by fielding the worst defenses in UM history.

Randy Shannon would be a welcome addition. gtfoh

Advertisement
Seems like Diaz has been consistently trying to downplay expectations for the defense, I have not heard many coaches go so unrepentantly negative on an entire position group.

Sounds to me like he is setting himself up to say well we need at least a year to recruit our guys, I understand we are weak and thin at the position but his criticism seems gaged more to set up excuses for himself more than anything else. I still think we can do quite well this year wins wise, I wonder what Manny thinks.

golden had the waiver wire down perfect. he could find a 3rd string DT from UVA and a 4th string cb from wake forest like no one else.

i think richt is not only searching. he might be talking a few more kids into transferring .

After tucket and joe brown left, how do we still only have 1 scholly left. I could have sworn we had plenty of open spots left?

Advertisement
Seems like Diaz has been consistently trying to downplay expectations for the defense, I have not heard many coaches go so unrepentantly negative on an entire position group.

Sounds to me like he is setting himself up to say well we need at least a year to recruit our guys, I understand we are weak and thin at the position but his criticism seems gaged more to set up excuses for himself more than anything else. I still think we can do quite well this year wins wise, I wonder what Manny thinks.

He sound just like Donofrio

Sounds like a given we need to go after JC Jackson, but I think our team overall will make big strides from spring to summer. Corn use to have Burns and Howard to lean on, they're not theyre so its a different show that he has to get use to. Which he will....

But honestly on the topic of Manny Diaz he has a lot to prove himself.... I still believe that Randy Shannon would've been the best hire for DC and if Diaz doesn't work out he needs to be the next man called for the position.

Randy Shannon was RIDICULOUSLY overrated as a DC. He had all world talent on those defenses which by coincidence....was the last time he "coordinated" ****. Man under, cover 2...all day, every play, every second...on every down and distance. He helped invent the word "vanilla".

There's a reason homeboy is a POSITION coach now. Not in a POSITION COACH IN THE NFL mind you, a POSITION coach at the COLLEGE level.

GTFOH with this Shannon horse**** already. I know absence makes the heart grow fonder but the infatuation with nostalgia on this board is mind blowing.

I have no idea if Diaz is the answer...but I assure you Shannon is/was not.

Last edited:
Can Gus or Choc not play fullback? At this point they should be starting RB and if they can't break the 2 deep as juniors 1 should be moved to FB. It's not like we have 2 superstars they just aren't as good as infront. Don't get me wrong, I think Yearby and Walton are pretty good but these guys have the size and speed to be legit fb if they know how to block.

Advertisement
I'm glad Diaz is calling out the poor tackling. It's been a problem for far too long.

Calling it out doesn't do squat. Golden and his bff called it out for 5 years. Coaches have to step it up. Beyond me how Miami players can't tackle. Richt should cut their ***.

Advertisement
You can't just move them to fullback. In this scheme you have to really want to play fullback. I highly doubt that any of our current rb want to go head on with a lb 20 times a game.
Can Gus or Choc not play fullback? At this point they should be starting RB and if they can't break the 2 deep as juniors 1 should be moved to FB. It's not like we have 2 superstars they just aren't as good as infront. Don't get me wrong, I think Yearby and Walton are pretty good but these guys have the size and speed to be legit fb if they know how to block.

Y'all really think manny is down playing our players ? Stop it .... In mannys scheme You have to have great tackling corner backs. Do y'all see that on our roster ? Nope. Redwine is our second best CB right now and y'all think he down playing our secondary. Gtfoh

Advertisement
Sounds like a given we need to go after JC Jackson, but I think our team overall will make big strides from spring to summer. Corn use to have Burns and Howard to lean on, they're not theyre so its a different show that he has to get use to. Which he will....

But honestly on the topic of Manny Diaz he has a lot to prove himself.... I still believe that Randy Shannon would've been the best hire for DC and if Diaz doesn't work out he needs to be the next man called for the position.

Randy Shannon was RIDICULOUSLY overrated as a DC. He had all world talent on those defenses which by coincidence....was the last time he "coordinated" ****. Man under, cover 2...all day, every play, every second...on every down and distance. He helped invent the word "vanilla".

There's a reason homeboy is a POSITION coach now. Not in a POSITION COACH IN THE NFL mind you, a POSITION coach at the COLLEGE level.

GTFOH with this Shannon horse**** already. I know absence makes the heart grow fonder but the infatuation with nostalgia on this board is mind blowing.

I have no idea if Diaz is the answer...but I assure you Shannon is/was not.

WRONG.

Facts are Randy Shannon is proven twice the D-coordinator Diaz is.

You can use that talent excuse all day long. But Al Golden would have taken that same talent from randys early 2000's defensive teams.. Made them 2 gap, read and react and they would have sucked *** with that same talent. He would have benched ED reed for "freelancing" too much.

Randy wasn't a good HC. cool. BUT randy is a great DC. and just because he doesn't take a job just to say he has one doesn't mean he's not offered them.

As if Randy couldn't get a job at some College as a HC or DC. He could, but just like most coaches, he wants a job at a place he can actually win at or else he can just stay a position coach and make **** good money without all the responsibility.

you don't think coach KOOl was offered a bunch of DC spots?

Would you rather be DC at Colorado or head coach at Tulane, or dline coach at miami?

I wanted randy fired and fast, as head coach. But at the end of the day, hes a CANE. and was a **** good defensive coordinator and i refuse to let anyone talk bad about Randy when it comes to him coaching a defense.

Dogg him as a HC, cool, its warranted. But stfu about him not being a good DC and he had talent and blah blah blah...

Diaz Doesn't hold a candle to randy shannon. PERIOD .

LMao at this fool talking about Randy being Vanilla..... As if having an exotic defense helps you sooooo much in college football.

Last i checked, Michigan State was vanilla AF. pretty much copying Randy's defense of old and dominating with it.

You guys are dumb af

Advertisement
Back