currently one scholarship open/manny not happy

Advertisement
Sounds like a given we need to go after JC Jackson, but I think our team overall will make big strides from spring to summer. Corn use to have Burns and Howard to lean on, they're not theyre so its a different show that he has to get use to. Which he will....

But honestly on the topic of Manny Diaz he has a lot to prove himself.... I still believe that Randy Shannon would've been the best hire for DC and if Diaz doesn't work out he needs to be the next man called for the position.

Randy Shannon was RIDICULOUSLY overrated as a DC. He had all world talent on those defenses which by coincidence....was the last time he "coordinated" ****. Man under, cover 2...all day, every play, every second...on every down and distance. He helped invent the word "vanilla".

There's a reason homeboy is a POSITION coach now. Not in a POSITION COACH IN THE NFL mind you, a POSITION coach at the COLLEGE level.

GTFOH with this Shannon horse**** already. I know absence makes the heart grow fonder but the infatuation with nostalgia on this board is mind blowing.

I have no idea if Diaz is the answer...but I assure you Shannon is/was not.

WRONG.

Facts are Randy Shannon is proven twice the D-coordinator Diaz is.

You can use that talent excuse all day long. But Al Golden would have taken that same talent from randys early 2000's defensive teams.. Made them 2 gap, read and react and they would have sucked *** with that same talent. He would have benched ED reed for "freelancing" too much.

Randy wasn't a good HC. cool. BUT randy is a great DC. and just because he doesn't take a job just to say he has one doesn't mean he's not offered them.

As if Randy couldn't get a job at some College as a HC or DC. He could, but just like most coaches, he wants a job at a place he can actually win at or else he can just stay a position coach and make **** good money without all the responsibility.

you don't think coach KOOl was offered a bunch of DC spots?

Would you rather be DC at Colorado or head coach at Tulane, or dline coach at miami?

I wanted randy fired and fast, as head coach. But at the end of the day, hes a CANE. and was a **** good defensive coordinator and i refuse to let anyone talk bad about Randy when it comes to him coaching a defense.

Dogg him as a HC, cool, its warranted. But stfu about him not being a good DC and he had talent and blah blah blah...

Diaz Doesn't hold a candle to randy shannon. PERIOD .

HOLY ****.

I'm not even sure if this post is serious or if you're trolling. I'll just say this cause if you're being serious I have no interest in engaging this logic.

Shannon's defenses were absolutely SHREDDED by teams with a heartbeat offensively. His defenses "ranked" well at the end of the season cause his Man under, cover 2 vanilla scheme combined with elite talent DOMINATES the lesser opponents on the schedule.

But when you get a chance, and you're not busy...revisit the Louisville games, the LSU game, and pretty much any other team with an offensive heartbeat that Shannon faced while he was "coordinating" the defense.

I'll say it again ...there's a ****ing reason Shannon isn't COORDINATING **** these days. There's a reason crossing routes and TE's absolutely destroyed us during Shannon's tenure (and the same can be said for D'onfrio) and it's cause you CAN'T RUN THE SAME VANILLA DEFENSE ON EVERY **** DOWN AND DISTANCE. Whether it's Shannon's Man under cover 2 or Onfrio's passive cover 3....it simply doesn't work.

And one more thing...I'm not comparing Diaz to Shannon or saying Diaz is better or worse than Shannon. That , to me, is still unproven. I'll state it very clearly for the record that what I'm saying is that Shannon is overrated garbage as a DC. Period.

Man, gtfoh. Highly talented teams and offenses shredded us? Ok who didn't they shred?

Better yet name me 10 Defensive Coordinators that stop high powered offenses regularly. Name 5 great defensive coordinators with exotic defenses that shut down offenses. Since you attack Randy for his vanilla scheme i'm sure you can give me some exotic defensive coaches that regularly shut down offenses..

Your logic is dumb af. As stated, MSU is running the same vanilla scheme randy ran and Narduzzi and Dantonio do just fine with it. But still get shredded by talented offenses. Thats what happens you DOLT.

I'LL say it again, Randy isn't coordinating because he doesn't want to. He went on record to say it. Same as coach KOOL. Randy stated that he's been offered jobs but he doesn't want to take just any job. He wants to coach at a place he can have a real chance at success. In the meantime he wanted to learn some tips and strengthen his network by working for other coaches across the nation.

You don't think Randy can get a job as DC at some BS spot?

The man wants to be a HC. Hence why he was being considered for the UCF job. Getting jobs at GOOD schools that have a chance to compete is as much about connections and network as it is ability. Randy isnt coordinating because he doesnt want to.

Same as coach KOOL. its known he was offered DC position at schools like illinois. But do you want to be Dline Coach at Miami or DC at BS illinois?

Youre logic is totally fuqed. Randy is a good DC and nothing you say can prove otherwise. Especially comparing to what else is out there.

You're just looking for any reason to rag on a guy that has done nothing but support this school and give his all for it. Its pathetic and unwarranted.

There is more evidence supporting what i say than your dumbazz opinion

Sounds like a given we need to go after JC Jackson, but I think our team overall will make big strides from spring to summer. Corn use to have Burns and Howard to lean on, they're not theyre so its a different show that he has to get use to. Which he will....

But honestly on the topic of Manny Diaz he has a lot to prove himself.... I still believe that Randy Shannon would've been the best hire for DC and if Diaz doesn't work out he needs to be the next man called for the position.

Randy Shannon was RIDICULOUSLY overrated as a DC. He had all world talent on those defenses which by coincidence....was the last time he "coordinated" ****. Man under, cover 2...all day, every play, every second...on every down and distance. He helped invent the word "vanilla".

There's a reason homeboy is a POSITION coach now. Not in a POSITION COACH IN THE NFL mind you, a POSITION coach at the COLLEGE level.

GTFOH with this Shannon horse**** already. I know absence makes the heart grow fonder but the infatuation with nostalgia on this board is mind blowing.

WRONG.

You can use that talent excuse all day long. But Al Golden would have taken that same talent from randys early 2000's defensive teams.. Made them 2 gap, read and react and they would have sucked *** with that same talent. He would have benched ED reed for "freelancing" too much.

Randy wasn't a good HC. cool. BUT randy is a great DC. and just because he doesn't take a job just to say he has one doesn't mean he's not offered them.

As if Randy couldn't get a job at some College as a HC or DC. He could, but just like most coaches, he wants a job at a place he can actually win at or else he can just stay a position coach and make **** good money without all the responsibility.

Would you rather be DC at Colorado or head coach at Tulane, or dline coach at miami?

I wanted randy fired and fast, as head coach. But at the end of the day, hes a CANE. and was a **** good defensive coordinator and i refuse to let anyone talk bad about Randy when it comes to him coaching a defense.

Dogg him as a HC, cool, its warranted. But stfu about him not being a good DC and he had talent and blah blah blah...

HOLY ****.

I'm not even sure if this post is serious or if you're trolling. I'll just say this cause if you're being serious I have no interest in engaging this logic.

Shannon's defenses were absolutely SHREDDED by teams with a heartbeat offensively. His defenses "ranked" well at the end of the season cause his Man under, cover 2 vanilla scheme combined with elite talent DOMINATES the lesser opponents on the schedule.

But when you get a chance, and you're not busy...revisit the Louisville games, the LSU game, and pretty much any other team with an offensive heartbeat that Shannon faced while he was "coordinating" the defense.

I'll say it again ...there's a ****ing reason Shannon isn't COORDINATING **** these days. There's a reason crossing routes and TE's absolutely destroyed us during Shannon's tenure (and the same can be said for D'onfrio) and it's cause you CAN'T RUN THE SAME VANILLA DEFENSE ON EVERY **** DOWN AND DISTANCE. Whether it's Shannon's Man under cover 2 or Onfrio's passive cover 3....it simply doesn't work.

And one more thing...I'm not comparing Diaz to Shannon or saying Diaz is better or worse than Shannon. That , to me, is still unproven. I'll state it very clearly for the record that what I'm saying is that Shannon is overrated garbage as a DC. Period.

Man, gtfoh. Highly talented teams and offenses shredded us? Ok who didn't they shred?

Better yet name me 10 Defensive Coordinators that stop high powered offenses regularly. Name 5 great defensive coordinators with exotic defenses that shut down offenses. Since you attack Randy for his vanilla scheme i'm sure you can give me some exotic defensive coaches that regularly shut down offenses..

Your logic is dumb af. As stated, MSU is running the same vanilla scheme randy ran and Narduzzi and Dantonio do just fine with it. But still get shredded by talented offenses. Thats what happens you DOLT.

I'LL say it again, Randy isn't coordinating because he doesn't want to. He went on record to say it. Same as coach KOOL. Randy stated that he's been offered jobs but he doesn't want to take just any job. He wants to coach at a place he can have a real chance at success. In the meantime he wanted to learn some tips and strengthen his network by working for other coaches across the nation.

The man wants to be a HC. Hence why he was being considered for the UCF job. Getting jobs at GOOD schools that have a chance to compete is as much about connections and network as it is ability. Randy isnt coordinating because he doesnt want to.

Same as coach KOOL. its known he was offered DC position at schools like illinois. But do you want to be Dline Coach at Miami or DC at BS illinois?

Youre logic is totally fuqed. Randy is a good DC and nothing you say can prove otherwise. Especially comparing to what else is out there.

You're just looking for any reason to rag on a guy that has done nothing but support this school and give his all for it. Its pathetic and unwarranted.

Randy isn't coordinating right now because he "doesn't want to"? lolololol.

You literally can't make up this level of stupidity

WRONG.

HOLY ****.

Randy isn't coordinating right now because he "doesn't want to"? lolololol.

You literally can't make up this level of stupidity

Picking one line out of context and typing a bunch of "lolol" really proved me wrong. Great job there, guy. Embarrass yourself some more.

shannon didnt get us in the shapiro mess. if anything he stopped him
as for being a DC he is clearly better then Diaz but im sure you will point out that he had talent. and with that amount of talent a cave man could have been that good. Dis like the man for being a avg. head coach but dont take away from him being a good DC.

Tell me thEn...How exactly is Randy better thAn Diaz?

Tell me then, how exactly is he not?

Advertisement
as for being a DC he is clearly better then Diaz but im sure you will point out that he had talent. and with that amount of talent a cave man could have been that good. Dis like the man for being a avg. head coach but dont take away from him being a good DC.

Tell me then, is HE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED AS A FOOTBALL COACH WHO ACTUALLY COORDINATES DEFENSES?

This guy is trolling right? No one can be this stupid unless it's Randy himself posting on here.

Tell me then, is HE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED AS A FOOTBALL COACH WHO ACTUALLY COORDINATES DEFENSES?

This guy is trolling right? No one can be this stupid unless it's Randy himself posting on here.

Randy isnt manny. Hes not going to go from being a HC down to DC for LA Tech.

UCF was interested in hiring him for their HC position so obviously that position coaching job isn't hurting him too much.

Im trolling. but im not the one shiddin on Cane family for no reason.

You're a fool and a troll. I destroyed your argument. sit in the corner.

UCF was interested in hiring him for their HC position so obviously that position coaching job isn't hurting him too much.

Never go full ******.

I'm going to pretend/assume you're trolling here. No one that can be this incompetent.

Randy Shannon has probably evolved and gotten better as a defensive mind.... I'm sure he would jump at the opp to DC at Miami again. Would be an automatic major upgrade at the position. Top 10 defense plus with Coach Kool would probably be the best of the best. I dont understand how some cane fans can even waste their breathe to try and discredit how great of a DC he was at UM.

Advertisement
Randy Shannon has probably evolved and gotten better as a defensive mind.... I'm sure he would jump at the opp to DC at Miami again. Would be an automatic major upgrade at the position. Top 10 defense plus with Coach Kool would probably be the best of the best. I dont understand how some cane fans can even waste their breathe to try and discredit how great of a DC he was at UM.

Easy. They're not Cane fans. Fuqin imbeciles.

Like it's soo hard to believe a guy would rather be db coach at Alabama than Dcoordinator at southern miss. 125 schools and these dumbasses think Randy Shannon cant get a job when guys like mark donofrio do.

But I'm the one who sounds stupid. Gtfoh

Never go full ******.

I'm going to pretend/assume you're trolling here. No one that can be this incompetent.

I guess you think you're funny. But you have yet to legitimately refute my points.

You have yet to name these exotic, non-vanilla coordinators. You've done nothing but spew unwarranted claims and garbage at a Cane lifer.

You're an embarrassment to this fan base. Yet you think you look cool.

Take some time off the boards.

Never go full ******.

I guess you think you're funny. But you have yet to legitimately refute my points.

You have yet to name these exotic, non-vanilla coordinators. You've done nothing but spew unwarranted claims and garbage at a Cane lifer.

When you make anything that comes close to resembling a point...I'd consider refuting.

I'm just shaking my head at either the **** poor attempt at trolling or the fact there are really people this dumb left in the universe.

Refute this.....Shannon isn't coordinating, and hasn't been coordinating defenses in a while. There is no better, objective, or tangible point that can be made for the case that Shannon "the coordinator", sucks open ***.

Never go full ******.

When you make anything that comes close to resembling a point...I'd consider refuting.

I'm just shaking my head at either the **** poor attempt at trolling or the fact there are really people this dumb left in the universe.

Refute this.....Shannon isn't coordinating, and hasn't been coordinating defenses in a while. There is no better, objective, or tangible point that can be made for the case that Shannon "the coordinator", sucks open ***.

Lol clueless

Advertisement

Never go full ******.

you're the only troll in here.
stfu. you cant refute my points because you're too dumb too.

I've destroyed your argument. The only people agreeing with you are fuggin stupid. No intelligent poster is in here debating with me because they know my points are better than yours and they respect Cane family.

You again, are an embarrassment.

Last edited:

Never go full ******.

you're the only troll in here.
stfu. you cant refute my points because you're too dumb too.

I've destroyed your argument. The only people agreeing with you are fuggin stupid. No intelligent poster is in here debating with me because they know my points are better than yours and they respect Cane family.

You again, are an embarrassment.

Remind me again cause I have a horrible memory, how many defenses did Shannon coordinate last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

You're obviously related to Shannon. Moron runs strong in that bloodline.

these golden specials gotta go

shirreffs
langham
grimsley
loftus
fines
king
mccray
mayes

Advertisement
Lol...folks cant let go of this JC Jackson thing....

.. nor should they.

He aint coming...move on...some of you sound like stalker exes who cant get over the fact that she's gone....let it go guys

Unless you know for an absolute fact that there is zero percent chance of J.C coming here you should probably refrain from elevating yourself to "know it all/voice of reason" status from which you continuously rail against the irrational capriciousness of the less enlightened on this forum. It's unnecessary and quite obnoxious. Aside from that, I enjoy your posts.

Not long ago I would have laughed at this. However after thinking it over with an open mind, you may have some valid points. Especially the one about Shannon using the last decade as a learning experience and most likely having evolved and become much better since then. Randy certainly had his faults and was in no way shape or form ready to be a head coach. As a coordinator here he was somewhat conservative on the back end while still being aggressive with his front 4 and was usually fundamentally sound. His defenses weren't complex by any means but his players were never confused the simplicity coupled with his scheme allows our players the opportunity to make plays.

I'm no defensive expert but I think Randy ran into trouble because his super heavy man scheme had problems with running QBs, TE's and when offenses Incorporated spread elements into their attack. His major weakness was that his defenses were too simple in terms of alignments and coverages. We basically ran that cover 2 shell and played man with the DL getting upfield in a hurry. Consequently he could never successfully defend a guy like Bobby Petrino because his knowledge base was too limited. Also having a super elite defensive roster made things much easier for him.

Do I think Randy sucked? No but I think that after the Butch brigade started leaving his limitations as a DC became more and more exposed. I think all his recent experience should serve him very well in his evolution as a DC. I think he could become an exceptional coordinator but I'm not so sure that he will have the chance to do it here.

Advertisement
Back