Current Ad/Site Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have issues on mobile opening canesinsight while spotify is playing? always pauses Spotify for me

Advertisement
We had 9 users upgrade today. Our average is less than 1 user per day so that tells you that today is the exception.
No way, $225!!!! At first I questioned ****ing off the community you’ve built with great care and content over a decade. I wondered why you’d compromise your brand to nothing more than a clickbait site. But with those kind of economics, I now see the wisdom.

If I donate $226, will you reverse your decision?

No it's not. I work with several major content sites, and these ads are more intrusive, and the lack of form factor awareness is a major negative customer sat driver. The ads often literally sit on top of the button you need to click so you can't get to the content (e.g., using the recruiting filter searches).

Also, another poster is correct in that while this is a content site, most of the content is generated by the members in these discussions. So it's not really "free" is it? It's more symbiotic, where CIS draws value from the membership just as much as the members derive value from CIS.

While I recognize part of that is because cleaning up the ad slop is a low priority for the paid staff, I have to agree with @ejfudd that the ads as they are served up today are not a sustainable model.
I get the site has to make money but these full pages ads every time I go to a new page is excessive.

No way, $225!!!! At first I questioned ****ing off the community you’ve built with great care and content over a decade. I wondered why you’d compromise your brand to nothing more than a clickbait site. But with those kind of economics, I now see the wisdom.

If I donate $226, will you reverse your decision?
There was no decision. Nothing changed today versus any other day the last year.

I get the site has to make money but these full pages ads every time I go to a new page is excessive.
Those ads should not appear. Google will take car of it probably in the next 24 hours. All of our ads should appear inline, with the exception of a video ad.

Advertisement
It’s pretty awful. I’m surprised a site like this built by the fans for the fans would have turned on the fans to force them to pay for no spam. I guess they turned on maximum annoyance when Mario was hired, knowing traffic would greatly increase, to try to make a few bucks.

But yeah, there’s bills to pay. We know, there’s also profits to be made. 👀

Personally I would like to see more ads.
Are you willing to pay for it??? That solves a lot of problems… you can pay for our accounts to be add free and those ads can be sent to your account 🙂

Advertisement
1640456709040.png

Ok. You think I haven’t heard your same drivel thousands of times?

Carry on or I can Venmo you the $25 to shut up

Good word choice in "drivel" for the context, in that you hope to appear superior and trigger a fight response. But I'm surprised at that approach.

This thread is about board contributors and readers providing feedback to the guys who run the site. Successful service providers love getting feedback, especially negative, as long as it's respectful, to learn how best to improve the user experience. Isn't that the purpose of running a board like this at the end of the day? So why would you be so combative and scornful of my feedback?

Also, I see you're an active contributor in discussions, But I didn't think you work to run the site. So why are you speaking for the administrators? Andrew is a big boy and fully capable of speaking for himself. As are all the other administrators and mods.

Hostility typically generates more hostility. No value in it here.

Just to recap a few things:
- We have not changed the number of ads or positions since last football season
-On occasion full page ads leak through one of our positions but we are not displaying those ads on purpose
-Google deals with rouge ads usually between 24 and 48 hours
-We offer ad free browsing for $25 a year
-If you have a problem with an ad then PM me with a detailed description and screenshot of the issue (upload to an image site)
-If you assist users in bypassing ads then I will remove your posting permissions and I will reduce permissions on all user accounts using ad-blcok software (I know exactly who is using ad block software)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back