Current Ad/Site Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have control over as positions, however ads like the one you are getting are on occasion served through a specific ad position. You can blame Google for the rouge ad.

Nicole Kidman Surprise GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Advertisement
It’s borderline unreadable at this point, especially mobile. F’n sucks! If strategy is make the viewing experience so awful that customers will have no choice but to subscribe, its working. Not sure that helps attract new viewers, and likely promotes churn in low traffic seasons, but who am I to question the CIS braintrust.

I realize this may not be the right location for this post, but it needs to see the most eyes as well. I realize the recommendation will be to pay for the ad free site; but some of us are balling on a budget.

The ads right now are insane on both mobile and desktop. Getting hit with a full page ad after every click, every time. Is there anything that can be done to address this issue besides the aforementioned?
They call him @DMoney for a reason.

I pedal my Schwinn over to the public library 2 or 3 times per week just to log onto CIS and the WEZ, so the ads are very Hingle McCringleberry.

Advertisement
It’s borderline unreadable at this point, especially mobile. F’n sucks! If strategy is make the viewing experience so awful that customers will have no choice but to subscribe, its working. Not sure that helps attract new viewers, and likely promotes churn in low traffic seasons, but who am I to question the CIS braintrust.
No one complains more than those that receive free ****

I realize this may not be the right location for this post, but it needs to see the most eyes as well. I realize the recommendation will be to pay for the ad free site; but some of us are balling on a budget.

The ads right now are insane on both mobile and desktop. Getting hit with a full page ad after every click, every time. Is there anything that can be done to address this issue besides the aforementioned?
Duck duck go

Advertisement
No one complains more than those that receive free ****
While I agree with your generalization, the individuals getting “free stuff” provide significant value in this business model. They also provide “content” and a higher volume social networking interaction. If you want to make your site the place to be, you have to keep a valuable portion of it free…

Advertisement
Obviously the experience has gotten worse today. Whatever ad is cause a bad experience will eventually go away. We haven't adding any additional ads since last season but unfortunately rouge ads sometime sneak through.

Advertisement
I just paid for no ads and still getting them View attachment 169289
Yeah, who wants to learn about kids opening gifts at Christmas? I don't! Could be because I have 5 already and know how damned expensive it is. I think $25 a year is a bargain compared to 5 kids at Christmas. The fact they want you to learn more about children at Christmas AFTER paying your $25.... Let me just say, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back