Current Ad/Site Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Upgraded to premium and still seeing the annoying *** Metro 30 sec pop up ad every click I make.

Logged out. Logged back in. Still popping up. What’s the deal here?

Advertisement
Good to see all the peasants here too, hope you are well
occDz283rFvDa.gif

We don't have that much control over our ads. We basically can only control the number of ads and from what position that appear from. Full page ads are occasion are passed through one of our other ad positions.
I have received the full page ad approx every second or third page I go to today on CIS. Does not make for a pleasant experience. The ads are definitely much more intrusive than they used to be. If the goal is to force people to either pay or leave the site than I understand. Otherwise it needs to be diminished. If you have no control over your own level of ads, that makes no sense.

Advertisement
I used to get ads on mobile a lot, but recently I never get them. I only use mobile for the forum though

I basically have to reload the site 3 or 4 times and try to quickly hit the recruiting board before a full page pops up. Ironically as I was typing this an ad popped up covering where I am typing and I can only see the current line I'm typing. I appreciate the need for ads, but on mobile I just don't come on as often because I can't view anything unless I wait 2 mins for the first two ads close

Advertisement
Advertisement
I never understood the "free" site but have "pay" $25. Well it isn't free then. 🤷🏿‍♂️
What are you on about? It is free. You don’t have to pay anything to visit, sign up, post, or read anything on this site. If ads annoy you, then the internet is definitely not the place for you.

I don’t mean to sound too harsh but there are things called ad-blockers if you don’t want to see ads.

I have received the full page ad approx every second or third page I go to today on CIS. Does not make for a pleasant experience. The ads are definitely much more intrusive than they used to be. If the goal is to force people to either pay or leave the site than I understand. Otherwise it needs to be diminished. If you have no control over your own level of ads, that makes no sense.
We have control over as positions, however ads like the one you are getting are on occasion served through a specific ad position. You can blame Google for the rouge ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back