X's and O's Curb Your Enthusiasm: Miami @ AtM

Kinda where I am. Not getting my hopes up as it seems all opponents give us their best game, but we better not come out flat like yesterday and get boat raced out of the gates.
The past 10 years, this is a game where our ranking doesn’t reflect our play and we look terrible. I do expect us to look different compared to the past couple weeks but will it be enough…

Advertisement
This is a good point and a key metric to our development as a program. In the past we had a terrible habit of making bad or unknown QB's look great. We need to use their deficiency at the QB position to our advantage.
Problem is, that qb is fast. He can scramble and we have yet to figure out how to stop those type of quarterbacks the past 5-6 years.

I don’t think people will be flying banners or calling for his head, it’s year 1 of a 10 year contract & no matter how much we may cry & be upset if we do lose, it won’t matter at all...

But now is the time more than ever to finally beat a worthy OOC opponent, these games we’ve historically been terrible in & have gotten our *** whopped plenty by SEC & B1G teams alike, at some point we have to win 1 of these **** games...

This ain’t a juggernaut TAMU, they’re extremely vulnerable & have 2 really bad QB’s in conjunction with Jumbo’s lackluster Offense we should be able to beat them.

It’s simply a matter of how aggressive we are; if we attack TAMU, they’ll fold up, if we let them attack us, we’ll disappoint ourselves. But we can force this extremely pedestrian subpar Offense into making mistakes & forcing turnovers, we just have to capitalize & take it to’em. Force TAMU to Defend against things that don’t see coming & we will level the playing field & neutralize their homefield advantage.

However, no matter how some may try to rationalize or spin it, there won’t be much justification losing to this team, again this isn’t a Playoff contending SEC Powerhouse, we’re not playing UGA or Bama. They were already beatable when Max Johnson was thought to be the starter, but with Haynes King they’re even worse...

This game is a litmus test for us, we either win & boost our profile on the recruiting trail & build momentum heading into our ACC schedule or we lose & people are forced to be relegated to making excuses again...

Somehow Shawn Clark figured it out, if Mario is who we all hope he is then he should be able to figure it out too...

I mean it’s Jumbo fckin Fisher for crying out loud, Cocaine Sniffin Lane Kiffin, the ignoramus Pirate Mike Leach & Sam Pittman all beat him last year, I don’t think too many Canes fans would take any of those guys over Mario, so something’s gotta give right?

The Math has to eventually add up, can’t have it both ways people.
Per usual, you just make too much sense El.

I’ve seen quite a few posts saying we just need to show we belong. Or just be competitive. That mentality will get our *** kicked.

The coaches and players need to believe they can win this game. If so, and I believe Mario and crew will instill this belief, then we will be competitive and look like we belong.

Do I believe we can win this game? Yes. We have enough talent on both sides of the ball and a very good coaching staff. It’ll take our best effort, but like you so eloquently stated El, we’re not playing Bama or UGA. 8&4 is just that - 8&4.

If we could also get last weeks A&M kicker to show up this week for us, that'd be great.

Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

ATM had 18 mins TOP and their QB didn’t throw more than 100 yards. Crazy.

Advertisement
I always thought we could beat tamu, but our OL has to play better especially at handling guys before moving to the second level or handing off stunts.

Advertisement
Back