X's and O's Curb Your Enthusiasm: Miami @ AtM

They were not ready for App State. They too were looking ahead. They will be ready for us. Past performance doesn’t count in the present. In fact, I will say that their loss to App State makes it even difficult for us when we get there.
A&M's starting center has missed the first 2 games & they had several out on defense yesterday. App controlled the ball and A&M's defense was exhausted by the 4th qtr. Need to keep their RB from having a big game as the kid has wheels (track star).

Advertisement
Couldn’t have said it better. That loss helps us none. They will be ****ed and ready for us.
You can't fix what problems they have in one week. They might be ready the first couple of series. That team isn't a top 25 team period over hype n rank. We run the ball we win easy. That's what we been preparing for the last couple of weeks. Just for this game. I think sine on you will be surprised next week.

They were not ready for App State. They too were looking ahead. They will be ready for us. Past performance doesn’t count in the present. In fact, I will say that their loss to App State makes it even difficult for us when we get there.
If we had lost to Southern Miss would you feel the same way about our chances? Would we have been a more dangerous team or would we have just been an overrated team that can’t beat g5 teams?

We make excuses for other teams that we would never make for our own team.

More excuses ' they're simply aren't that good did you not look at the game. They're overrated n not ready we will raise to the occasion n come out with a victory. Run the ball n we will ..period

Advertisement
All I know is this is the game where the whole offense, and defense really, should finally be revealed. I haven’t seen anything exotic on either side. Both teams were looking ahead. App State is too good a team to do that.

Year in and year out, teams like App State are well coached teams with good fundamentals. Their OL was better than some top 10 teams. A&M made the mistake of expecting App St to roll over, collect their paycheck and leave. They got packed at home.

Texas A&M is average at this point. It's not just that lost to App St. They were struggling to move it v Sam Houston before the delay.

None of that means we are guaranteed to beat them. It's a home game at night for them and they still have dudes who we would take over some of ours.

These posts ain't gonna do nothing though, we have man melting down because we didn't blow out Southern Miss within 1 and a half qtr of the game starting. I know this staff is gonna come good. And I know it's a process. Being optimistic we beat A&M ain't gonna change that. It's gonna be practices, game reps and bringing in players so DJ Ivey, Mallory and Scaife type don't have to play.

Win or lose, which are both possible ain't gonna change that equation. People at home expecting magic dust.

Advertisement
As others have said, the team we play next weekend will be a very different team compared to the one we saw against App State.

We have a tendency of getting WAAAAYYYY too high (I wanted to smash my phone after seeing all the dumbass retweets of the PFF grades after the BCU game) and getting slightly too low. This program has been in shambles for 15+ years. Let’s see where we end up at the end of the year…not after game 3.

Also, I think we’re going to see Max Johnson too. Maybe Weigman but I think Jimbo goes with the steady hand. Honestly surprised he didn’t go with Max from the beginning.

Advertisement
Come on, there's no excuse. A&M has just been injured. In the hospital recovering. Fans are dazed and confused. ESPN said seeya, we ain't coming! The balloon has been popped...Mario and his staff better come out aggressive and punch them in the mouth! Take control early.

No excuses.

Year in and year out, teams like App State are well coached teams with good fundamentals. Their OL was better than some top 10 teams. A&M made the mistake of expecting App St to roll over and collect their paycheck. They got packed..

Advertisement
their qb play is below average, if we can keep it close we have a great shot because we have a massive advantage in the most important position as well in special teams
This is a good point and a key metric to our development as a program. In the past we had a terrible habit of making bad or unknown QB's look great. We need to use their deficiency at the QB position to our advantage.

I don’t think people will be flying banners or calling for his head, it’s year 1 of a 10 year contract & no matter how much we may cry & be upset if we do lose, it won’t matter at all...

But now is the time more than ever to finally beat a worthy OOC opponent, these games we’ve historically been terrible in & have gotten our *** whopped plenty by SEC & B1G teams alike, at some point we have to win 1 of these **** games...

This ain’t a juggernaut TAMU, they’re extremely vulnerable & have 2 really bad QB’s in conjunction with Jumbo’s lackluster Offense we should be able to beat them.

It’s simply a matter of how aggressive we are; if we attack TAMU, they’ll fold up, if we let them attack us, we’ll disappoint ourselves. But we can force this extremely pedestrian subpar Offense into making mistakes & forcing turnovers, we just have to capitalize & take it to’em. Force TAMU to Defend against things that don’t see coming & we will level the playing field & neutralize their homefield advantage.

However, no matter how some may try to rationalize or spin it, there won’t be much justification losing to this team, again this isn’t a Playoff contending SEC Powerhouse, we’re not playing UGA or Bama. They were already beatable when Max Johnson was thought to be the starter, but with Haynes King they’re even worse...

This game is a litmus test for us, we either win & boost our profile on the recruiting trail & build momentum heading into our ACC schedule or we lose & people are forced to be relegated to making excuses again...

Somehow Shawn Clark figured it out, if Mario is who we all hope he is then he should be able to figure it out too...

I mean it’s Jumbo fckin Fisher for crying out loud, Cocaine Sniffin Lane Kiffin, the ignoramus Pirate Mike Leach & Sam Pittman all beat him last year, I don’t think too many Canes fans would take any of those guys over Mario, so something’s gotta give right?

The Math has to eventually add up, can’t have it both ways people.

Well we sure as **** didn't SHOW aTm ANYTHING! They can study our film and see their crossing routes should be wide open - they can see that if they p;ull defenders to the outside - any grandmother can lope forward as the middle of the field will be wide open - and where if they can concentrate on stopping or slowing the runs - Gaddis is reluctant to use what worked last year like a SOB for Miami - quick throws, crossing routes, and outrunning defenders deep.

You're right! We must attack, attack, attack. Put THEM on their heels. This crappy incremental offensive we have sucks like a black hole.

Love our QB, but if there's more than a quarter of hesitation - put in our gunslinger. Shake 'em up.

The name of the game is to win. Not establish future long term patterns of execution.

Win first. Then work on boring assed standards of execution.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Back