X's and O's Curb Your Enthusiasm: Miami @ AtM

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Ton of porsts expected this week re: "If Miami doesn't beat AtM now, #FireEverbody"

I'd offer don't fall into that trap.

Prior to Cuckbo watching his team get mushroom stamped by a team they were supposed to beat handily, it's easy to demand Miami go to College Station and exit with a dub-u.

Prior to start of this season, AtM was also expected to beat handily our Canes. I don't believe this changes simply because depth and program-wise, Miami doesn't have the stable that AtM, at least on paper, is supposed to have at this point in Cuckbo's trajectory. While a W would be great for our Canes, Mario has nowhere near the roster he is supposed to have/will have in Y3.

Of Miami wins, great, but let's take an appetite surpressant before we start Flying the Banners with even a poor showing next Saturday.

Patience fellow porsters, patience.

Advertisement
Ton of porsts expected this week re: "If Miami doesn't beat AtM now, #FireEverbody"

I'd offer don't fall into that trap.

Prior to Cuckbo watching his team get mushroom stamped by a team they were supposed to beat handily, it's easy to demand Miami go to College Station and exit with a dub-u.

Prior to start of this season, AtM was also expected to beat handily our Canes. I don't believe this changes simply because depth and program-wise, Miami doesn't have the stable that AtM, at least on paper, is supposed to have at this point in Cuckbo's trajectory. While a W would be great for our Canes, Mario has nowhere near the roster he is supposed to have/will have in Y3.

Of Miami wins, great, but let's take an appetite surpressant before we start Flying the Banners with even a poor showing next Saturday.

Patience fellow porsters, patience.
The fact that you even have to post this, at this point into a new coaching regime, goes to show how insufferable this board has become.

Jimbo didn't have them ready

they'll be ready for us. I would draw zero conclusions on their game against app state when trying to figure out how we'll fare against them
They obviously were looking at our game next week with game day and the talk of the week hype…

Hope they can’t get over this week and let it drag in their heads all week

Advertisement
I don’t think people will be flying banners or calling for his head, it’s year 1 of a 10 year contract & no matter how much we may cry & be upset if we do lose, it won’t matter at all...

But now is the time more than ever to finally beat a worthy OOC opponent, these games we’ve historically been terrible in & have gotten our *** whopped plenty by SEC & B1G teams alike, at some point we have to win 1 of these **** games...

This ain’t a juggernaut TAMU, they’re extremely vulnerable & have 2 really bad QB’s in conjunction with Jumbo’s lackluster Offense we should be able to beat them.

It’s simply a matter of how aggressive we are; if we attack TAMU, they’ll fold up, if we let them attack us, we’ll disappoint ourselves. But we can force this extremely pedestrian subpar Offense into making mistakes & forcing turnovers, we just have to capitalize & take it to’em. Force TAMU to Defend against things that don’t see coming & we will level the playing field & neutralize their homefield advantage.

However, no matter how some may try to rationalize or spin it, there won’t be much justification losing to this team, again this isn’t a Playoff contending SEC Powerhouse, we’re not playing UGA or Bama. They were already beatable when Max Johnson was thought to be the starter, but with Haynes King they’re even worse...

This game is a litmus test for us, we either win & boost our profile on the recruiting trail & build momentum heading into our ACC schedule or we lose & people are forced to be relegated to making excuses again...

Somehow Shawn Clark figured it out, if Mario is who we all hope he is then he should be able to figure it out too...

I mean it’s Jumbo fckin Fisher for crying out loud, Cocaine Sniffin Lane Kiffin, the ignoramus Pirate Mike Leach & Sam Pittman all beat him last year, I don’t think too many Canes fans would take any of those guys over Mario, so something’s gotta give right?

The Math has to eventually add up, can’t have it both ways people.

Last edited:
I don’t think people will be flying banners or calling for his head, it’s year 1 of a 10 year contract & no matter how much we may cry & be upset if we do lose, it won’t matter at all...

But now is the time more than ever to finally beat a worthy OOC opponent, these games we’ve historically been terrible in & have gotten our *** whopped plenty by SEC & B1G teams alike, at some point we have to win 1 of these **** games...

This ain’t a juggernaut TAMU, they’re extremely vulnerable & have 2 really bad QB’s in conjunction with Jumbo’s lackluster Offense we should be able to beat them.

It’s simply a matter of how aggressive we are; if we attack TAMU, they’ll fold up, if we let them attack us, we’ll disappoint ourselves. But we can force this extremely pedestrian subpar Offense into making mistakes & forcing turnovers, we just have to capitalize & take it to’em. Force TAMU to Defend against things that don’t see coming & we will level the playing field & neutralize their homefield advantage.

However, now matter how some may try to rationalize or spin it, there won’t be much justification losing to this team, again this isn’t a Playoff contending SEC Powerhouse, we’re not playing UGA or Bama. They were already beatable when Max Johnson was thought to be the starter, but with Haynes King they’re even worse...

This game is a litmus test for us, we either win & boost our profile on the recruiting trail & build momentum heading into our ACC schedule or we lose & people are forced to be relegated to making excuses again...

Somehow Shawn Clark figured it out, if Mario is who we all hope he is then he should be able to figure it out too...

I mean it’s Jumbo fckin Fisher for crying out loud, Cocaine Sniffin Lane Kiffin, the ignoramus Pirate Mike Leach & Sam Pittman all beat him last year, I don’t think too many Canes fans would take any of those guys over Mario, so something’s gotta give right?

****. Poetic. You've got the pregame speech, right @Liberty City El

Advertisement

However, now matter how some may try to rationalize or spin it, there won’t be much justification losing to this team, again this isn’t a Playoff contending SEC Powerhouse, we’re not playing UGA or Bama. They were already beatable when Max Johnson was thought to be the starter, but with Haynes King they’re even worse...

People cant build up ATM to be a SEC juggernaut when the week prior App St push their **** in.. Like you said not gonna be screaming fire Mario but cant go all offseason saying NFL QB, saving the offense, vanilla til college station and then already have built in excuse before they even get on plane. I want to see what the NFL QB does with super saved gameplan. These guys lose 4 games a year, why cant our game be one of them this year?! Even if we dont win, dont ******* embarrass yourselves and just look like you belong. The days of **** running down your leg need to be over.. No more looking like you are outclassed and confusion or just game over before it even begins..

These teams always bring their A game vs Miami. We need this win a lot more than they do. Everything lines up for Miami to win this game. Speed on the perimeters will be need to need to be neutralized. I don't think King starts but we need to find a way to generate some pass rush with 4.

They look very bearable, but so do we. I’m not here to b*tch about Miami, but we’ve look pretty meh. We let two crap teams move the ball too much against us. We didn’t look at all explosive today against a team we should have had overmatched. Guys aren’t making plays on defense. Our running game everybody’s sprung over right now can’t seem to get a run over 10 yds.

Again, I’m not down on Miami, I’m just saying we look pretty bearable too. Would we have beaten App today? Probably, but are you sure? Like really sure?

Bottom line, I feel better about the game than I have in the past, but let’s slow it down with the idea we’re now the favorite.

Advertisement
A&M was only favored by 8 points or so in the summer on the early GoY lines. It's not like we were a 3 TD dog before the App St game. We need to bring it and leave w a W. We have TVD as QB; they have no one. If we lose, it is likely bc Gattis continues to handcuff TVD a bit too much.

One thing that does shock me is that we’ll be higher ranked than them. Never thought that would happen before the season.

One big surprise for me is how terrible A&M has looked the past two weeks. They have a solid defense that will make you work for every yard, but their offense is non-existent. Their QB play is horrendous, they have zero running game, and Jimbo’s offense is stuck in 2012.

We can definitely win this game and come out of Kyle Field with a W. Our offense will need to be on point, and our D cannot let their QB’s get into rhythm or build confidence.

Imho, I thought Jimbo would work out there and build a real monster. He’s been a big disappointment so far, and he’s behind where Kevin Sumlin was at this point in his tenure. Jimbo is what Mark Richt would’ve been had he had a few more lucky bounces in his career. Like Richt in his later years, it’s evident that the game has passed Jimbo.

Advertisement

However, no matter how some may try to rationalize or spin it, there won’t be much justification losing to this team, again this isn’t a Playoff contending SEC Powerhouse, we’re not playing UGA or Bama. They were already beatable when Max Johnson was thought to be the starter, but with Haynes King they’re even worse...

I gotta say after watching their game for App St, and then running the ball as often as they did, and controling the clock and tempo... And us with our new offense... I don't hate our chances, especially considering they're young on DL, they just went through a game where it looks like they were getting injured often...

I think the main this is gonna come down to how their qb connects throwing the ball deep, cause it seems like strength vs our weakness.

Jimbo didn't have them ready

they'll be ready for us. I would draw zero conclusions on their game against app state when trying to figure out how we'll fare against them
They looked very mediocre against FCS Sam Houston State in week one too. It’s tough to draw a conclusion after only two games but the evidence so far says aTm isn’t a good team. At least offensively. That doesn’t mean Miami is a lock to win as we’ve had inconsistencies too. Just that our preseason ranking was probably more accurate than theirs. They will likely be a small favorite due to the game being in College Station. But chalking this one up as an automatic loss like a lot of people were doing before the season is giving them too much credit.

They were not ready for App State. They too were looking ahead. They will be ready for us. Past performance doesn’t count in the present. In fact, I will say that their loss to App State makes it even difficult for us when we get there.

They were not ready for App State. They too were looking ahead. They will be ready for us. Past performance doesn’t count in the present. In fact, I will say that their loss to App State makes it even difficult for us when we get there.
Couldn’t have said it better. That loss helps us none. They will be ****ed and ready for us.

Advertisement
Back