Culture is not just a buzzword

Respect, Sir.
Those who keep emphasizing lack of culture deliberately or not are deflecting Mario and Co.'s role in this disaster of a year. Culture or not, it didn't have to be this bad. Which is why we as fans, are in disbelief. Utter failure by those who are paid huge sums of money.
Culture is bad, but Mario absolutely **** the bed with Gattis. Hard to get buy in when you go multiple games without scoring a touchdown. This team looks no better at anything from the beginning of the year. We will see what Mario learned after the offseason.

I'm not buying a **** thing anymore until game 1 next year, nothing.

Advertisement
Culture is bad, but Mario absolutely **** the bed with Gattis. Hard to get buy in when you go multiple games without scoring a touchdown. This team looks no better at anything from the beginning of the year. We will see what Mario learned after the offseason.

I'm not buying a **** thing anymore until game 1 next year, nothing.
Culture started deteriorating shortly after the loss to Ohio State in 2002 while Larry Coker still the HC and never recovered for almost 20 years. It's been bad under Shannon, Golden and terrible under Diaz. But we never performed this badly during all those "bad culture years" And isn't it the head coach's responsibility to get the best out his even bad players? To at least hold the "culture" from getting more rotten? Where is Waldo...I meant Mario?

Culture started deteriorating shortly after the loss to Ohio State in 2002 while Larry Coker still the HC and never recovered for almost 20 years. It's been bad under Shannon, Golden and terrible under Diaz. But we never performed this badly during all those "bad culture years" And isn't it the head coach's responsibility to get the best out his even bad players? To at least hold the "culture" from getting more rotten? Where is Waldo...I meant Mario?
I would say our loss to fiu is worse than anything we saw this year

Advertisement
If the culture was "terrible under Diaz," which it undeniably was, it would follow that a team comprised mostly of Manny Diaz players would be the most culturally rotten of the past 20 years.

This was already a culturally rotten group. Manny enabled a lot of guys on this roster and that somewhat kept the peace. Mario is a perfectionist that expects nothing but 100% buy in into his system. All went downhill from there, but it's all for the better long term.

To completely blow of the culture issue within the program and label it as an "excuse" IMO is disingenuous. There are a multitude of reasons for the poor performance this season, with the offense being at the top. However, the culture within the program has contributed and anyone blowing it off is just doing it because of other issues they have with Mario or the fanbase

People have such incredibly ignorant short memories. Everyone at this time last year, agreed that if we don’t get rid of Manny we’ll be lucky to be bowl eligible. If not 7/8 losses.

Mario fvcked up hiring Gattis. Add that to all the offensive injuries is a recipe for what we’re seeing this season. Mario underachieved on field this year, but asking 10+ wins with a rotten *** culture was asking chicken salad out of chicken ****. The Gattis hire only sunk opportunity even further. By all accounts Gattis is gone. Multiple things can be true.

But seeing **** like “Manny would have 8+ wins right now” is absolutely blasphemous and anyone thinking or saying that should be taken behind the woodshed.

Advertisement
I would also argue the UNC game is the worst performance from a defense I’ve ever witness, & that includes the 58-0 debacle to Clemson.
That was one of the most embarrassing performances I’ve ever witnessed by a unit. I can’t recall another game where basically 2 or 3 plays had that much success consistently over 4 quarters. Over and over and over again, with no adjustments or answer for it. We knew what play they were going to run and they still ran it up our a$$.

My God that was a nightmare.

Advertisement
Back