Crowley

Why would Crowley “troll” the Gators?? He might see an easier path to playing time at Florida which could be giving him 2nd thoughts about signing with UM. I understand bc he won’t see the field his first 2 years at Miami no matter how good he is.

Advertisement
Why would Crowley “troll” the Gators?? He might see an easier path to playing time at Florida which could be giving him 2nd thoughts about signing with UM. I understand bc he won’t see the field his first 2 years at Miami no matter how good he is.
Yeah I don't see him trolling the gators.. I told people nvm... let's just keep recruiting this kid like he's uncommitted and hopefully he sticks with his pledge. If not then we need to find his replacement asap.

I don’t know if that’s the case. He can play and not burn a shirt and may move ahead if he’s good or if someone gets dinged up.

I just saw his film for the first time.
He has great athleticism and the frame to gain about 10-15 lbs and get faster and quicker. It’s a great evaluation by Brown. And he can also catch and run routes. Dude is gonna ball.
And we as cane fans have to stop acting like lower tier teams. Elite teams stack chips depth chart be damned. You come to compete and earn your spot amongst the best.

Advertisement
he's kind of like duke johnson from the standpoint that he doesnt blow you away with his speed and explosiveness but just makes plays.

he's kind of like duke johnson from the standpoint that he doesnt blow you away with his speed and explosiveness but just makes plays.

NY, you really need to go back and check out Duke's highlights. Crowley doesn't wow you, because he's a solid back, but not an outstanding one. To me, he's a solid workhorse, but there isn't a back on this team that doesn't have better film IMO. Burns included, although ancient, he showed some stuff I haven't seen from Crowley yet. Gray doesn't count although he's at the position.

What? Not talking about Crowley but Duke Johnson showed plenty of speed and explosiveness in his film coming out of highschool

NFL draft profile...and you said he had no explosiveness and speed? Just wow.

Analysis
Strengths
Explosive burst and plays with suddenness. Elusive in tight quarters. Has lightning in his feet. Has hips and feet to stop and start without stalling. Rare ability on stretch plays to hit cutback lanes that other backs can't get to. Runs with patience and a well-timed burst. Has great feel as zone-scheme, one-cut runner. Changes direction without breaking stride. Courageous runner. Shows no fear when getting downhill. Strong-willed competitor with toughness. Has second gear around the corner and can erase the angles. Gets small(er) through the hole and runs behind pads. Fights through arm tackles. Regroups and balances himself after initial contact. Reads and sets up routes and adjusts to poorly thrown balls.

Bottom Line
One of the most explosive runners in college football during his time at Miami, Johnson doesn't need much of a crease to make defenses pay. His explosive quickness and elusiveness should help him adapt quickly to NFL speed. His feel and courage as a one-cut runner should earn him instant playing time. Johnson's lack of pass-protection skills and concerns about his durability could force him into a committee situation. He's perfectly suited for a role as a zone-scheme back.

Advertisement
my point was they look likethey are gliding. they always find the hole. Crowley will never be a duke johnson, maybe i worded it wrong but its not that Loreno Lingard style that looks like hes shot out of a cannon. Crowley sees the holes really well. that was the comparison. I'll take it on the jaw for this one, probably used bad wording.

Advertisement
my point was they look likethey are gliding. they always find the hole. Crowley will never be a duke johnson, maybe i worded it wrong but its not that Loreno Lingard style that looks like hes shot out of a cannon. Crowley sees the holes really well. that was the comparison. I'll take it on the jaw for this one, probably used bad wording.

His best quality IMO.

Oh and Duke Johnson was really fast.

NFL draft profile...and you said he had no explosiveness and speed? Just wow.

Analysis
Strengths
Explosive burst and plays with suddenness. Elusive in tight quarters. Has lightning in his feet. Has hips and feet to stop and start without stalling. Rare ability on stretch plays to hit cutback lanes that other backs can't get to. Runs with patience and a well-timed burst. Has great feel as zone-scheme, one-cut runner. Changes direction without breaking stride. Courageous runner. Shows no fear when getting downhill. Strong-willed competitor with toughness. Has second gear around the corner and can erase the angles. Gets small(er) through the hole and runs behind pads. Fights through arm tackles. Regroups and balances himself after initial contact. Reads and sets up routes and adjusts to poorly thrown balls.

Bottom Line
One of the most explosive runners in college football during his time at Miami, Johnson doesn't need much of a crease to make defenses pay. His explosive quickness and elusiveness should help him adapt quickly to NFL speed. His feel and courage as a one-cut runner should earn him instant playing time. Johnson's lack of pass-protection skills and concerns about his durability could force him into a committee situation. He's perfectly suited for a role as a zone-scheme back.
@nycane is partially right and wrong. For one Duke, was absolutely explosive, his burst was elite for CFB. His speed on the other hand was just above average. He was fast but not elite fast and would get caught from behind from time to time. He was also unfairly compared to every elite back in the country because of our failure to land elite backs outside of Duke himself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back