Crowd on Saturday

Have you ever been to Miami? What about South Florida in general. If you would rather go to watch a garbage football team play in Miami Gardens Over the hundreds of other things one could be doing, you are a true fan. The true fans that live in the area will be there on Saturday. But those who view Miami football as the joke that it is will be doing something they would rather be doing
I'd say more than half of those that attend App drive up and down the side of a **** mountain to get there so yeah, real fans. I'm a football guy. I can do whatever else I want on six other days of the week. God made the Sabbath, and it was a Saturday, and he said "watch football, be angry, be happy, I don't give a ****. Just don't do anything else". So that's what I do.

Seems more people want to watch Miami in person outside of Miami than those in Miami. Sort of makes sense because I suspect 75% of this board didn't actually go to Miami.

Advertisement
I'm **** talking because someone enjoys the use of the term "Hillbilly" for a team whose best players often come from...MIAMI. Two impact players for App actually came from Northwestern.

Then I saw attendance predictions were in the 30,000's and realized that App had 36,000 in Boone when this game was played there. ****, App used to have 31,000 to play Elon, which at the time was like 120% capacity. In Charlotte, on a Thursday night, App and ECU had 36,000 with paid attendance at like 44,000 or so. Yet Miami, what I consider to be a premier program despite recent woes cannot get 35,000 to the stadium after no one could go to games for an entire year? Your entire BOT should be fired, laid off, let go, voted off, whatever, and the Athletics Department needs a make over and re-focus of what made Miami into what it became, both athletically and academically.

Miami still has a mystique for many around college football. They rarely admit it because Miami fans are an insufferable bunch. Personally, growing up in the 90's and early 2000's, I still view Virginia Tech, Miami, Florida State, et. al. as giants in waiting for the right administrators to pull their heads out of their asses. It looks like Florida State made the right hire with Norvell. Virginia Tech looked like the team I remember under Beamer and Foster while beating UNC. Yet, Miami, some how continues to look like a team with great potential that hasn't been tapped into. Last year was a great step forward, even with losses to Clemson and UNC.
Eric, I wasn’t ****ting on you, I was ****ting on the programs downfall. You have every right to talk smack given you guys are better than FIU, la tech, and probably duke. If you’re going to the game. Enjoy yourself. Hard rock is a great stadium even though both of us who play in it can’t fill it.

I'd say more than half of those that attend App drive up and down the side of a **** mountain to get there so yeah, real fans. I'm a football guy. I can do whatever else I want on six other days of the week. God made the Sabbath, and it was a Saturday, and he said "watch football, be angry, be happy, I don't give a ****. Just don't do anything else". So that's what I do.

Seems more people want to watch Miami in person outside of Miami than those in Miami. Sort of makes sense because I suspect 75% of this board didn't actually go to Miami.
You had me until you compared what you do in Boone nc to what is going on in one the largest tourist destination in the world.

Many of us could have gone to Miami but couldn’t afford it. It’s ridiculously expensive. Saddling up with those loans is not something most have the courage to do especially when you can go to a state school for half the cost and still get a good degree. Doesn’t make us any less of a fan. It’s not apples to apples

Everyone knows it's not the heat; it's the humidity that gets you down here. I was in Atlanta this weekend, and at a point, it was in the low 90s, I believe. Didn't feel hot at all there compared to Miami.

Advertisement
Been going to games since the 80’s this attendance sht creeps up every **** year like it’s some anomaly.

Every **** major metropolitan college or pro team has this problem. It your not winning or competing against a big name school the stadium is going to not get filled. The Cubs likely being an exception. It’s not our fault we live in an awesome city.

This is the 2001 season. You know the greatest team ever assembled.

The last few years the stadium has had really good attendance compared to way better teams of th past when it comes to “cup cake” home games.
View attachment 153789

Yes, and 20 years ago, we were counting ACTUAL TURNSTILE ATTENDANCE, not "tickets sold attendance", for the "everybody does it" crowd.

Beta Blake has been our AD for, what, eight years? And an Assistant AD for three years prior.

This App State needle d*ck made an account in 2016 to talk **** too. Got beat by a hundred and now he’s back for more.

You realize that Apps two starting running backs are from Alabama and one went to Northwestern in Miami right? Apps best defensive end, Demetrius Taylor, went to Northwestern. There are maybe two guys on the roster actually from Boone, quite a few from the flat lands of NC, a few from Georgia, and a few from other schools in and around the Miami metropolitan area. Offensive coordinator Frank Ponce is from Miami, coached high school teams in Miami, coached at FIU and then made his way up to Boone. He then went to Louisville with Satterfield and is back in Boone. I'd say his new offense is a mix of Satterfield and Eli Drinkwitz, who was only here for one season.

Nothing would beat games App played in 2009 and 2012 in Greenville, NC at noon when the heat index was apparently over 110 degrees.

All that said, yall couldn't beat C-USA power houses in FIU and Louisiana Tech. You lost to UNC in 2019 when App beat them. App beat USC by holding them to 21 yards rushing on 27 attempts, in Columbia. The same USC team that beat UGA.

The 2016 team had many FCS recruits either starting or providing depth as well, yet it took a bogus holding call on a receiver to keep Marcus Cox under 100 yards rushing in ONE QUARTER. Then he was hurt, and the game was over. Dude had next level vision which is required in a stretch based offense.

I'm not going to make a score prediction here, as the eternal pessimist in me likes to be surprised. Maybe you're belief that we get blown out is right, but I can promise you that App is a better team, and program, than you think. The superiority complex this place has based on what yall did 30 years ago is astounding.
Lost all credibility by referring South Carolina as USC...Bye!

Advertisement
Y’all realize it’s summer everywhere? The whole heat thing isn’t that relevant early September?
This is not your brightest take. Rambo transferred here from Oklahoma where it gets really hot and had to adjust to the humidity. It’s different in Florida and takes some getting used to, Early September may as well still be part of the summer months.

Advertisement
Back