Crowd on Saturday

Advertisement
I really wish we played more games at high noon so teams would melt. I know the fans wouldn’t like it but these hillbilly’s would have been dead after 10 mins.
You realize that Apps two starting running backs are from Alabama and one went to Northwestern in Miami right? Apps best defensive end, Demetrius Taylor, went to Northwestern. There are maybe two guys on the roster actually from Boone, quite a few from the flat lands of NC, a few from Georgia, and a few from other schools in and around the Miami metropolitan area. Offensive coordinator Frank Ponce is from Miami, coached high school teams in Miami, coached at FIU and then made his way up to Boone. He then went to Louisville with Satterfield and is back in Boone. I'd say his new offense is a mix of Satterfield and Eli Drinkwitz, who was only here for one season.

Nothing would beat games App played in 2009 and 2012 in Greenville, NC at noon when the heat index was apparently over 110 degrees.

All that said, yall couldn't beat C-USA power houses in FIU and Louisiana Tech. You lost to UNC in 2019 when App beat them. App beat USC by holding them to 21 yards rushing on 27 attempts, in Columbia. The same USC team that beat UGA.

The 2016 team had many FCS recruits either starting or providing depth as well, yet it took a bogus holding call on a receiver to keep Marcus Cox under 100 yards rushing in ONE QUARTER. Then he was hurt, and the game was over. Dude had next level vision which is required in a stretch based offense.

I'm not going to make a score prediction here, as the eternal pessimist in me likes to be surprised. Maybe you're belief that we get blown out is right, but I can promise you that App is a better team, and program, than you think. The superiority complex this place has based on what yall did 30 years ago is astounding.

App and ECU had 36,000 on a Thursday night in Charlotte. I believe around 44,000 tickets were sold.

How is it that a Miami team that is not as bad as the Bama game suggests can't get more than two "lowly G5" programs? ****, the attendance most here expect wouldn't even match what they played in front of in Boone in 2016.

I guess as hillbilly's, we ain't got nothin better to do than go see the legendary Miami program. Miami and Louisville both seem to be stuck in Big East mode. Maybe a return to the AAC would be good.

Advertisement
Has anyone here ever seen with their own two eyes a team come down here and legitimately wilt cause of the heat?

I will be there to root on the 'Canes!

ericsaid - this is a Miami forum so if you don't like that some of our message board members look at things thru orange & green colored glasses then GTFOH!

App and ECU had 36,000 on a Thursday night in Charlotte. I believe around 44,000 tickets were sold.

How is it that a Miami team that is not as bad as the Bama game suggests can't get more than two "lowly G5" programs? ****, the attendance most here expect wouldn't even match what they played in front of in Boone in 2016.

I guess as hillbilly's, we ain't got nothin better to do than go see the legendary Miami program. Miami and Louisville both seem to be stuck in Big East mode. Maybe a return to the AAC would be good.
We came to your beloved Boone with all that fanfare and ripped your hearts out. Absolutely dominated you guys 45-10. Now, prepare thy **** for Saturday.

Advertisement

Have you ever been to Miami? What about South Florida in general. If you would rather go to watch a garbage football team play in Miami Gardens Over the hundreds of other things one could be doing, you are a true fan. The true fans that live in the area will be there on Saturday. But those who view Miami football as the joke that it is will be doing something they would rather be doing

The stadium should be almost completely empty after the Barry Jackson article this week detailing the school's apathy toward winning. They are perfectly content with the occasional 9 win season, and season ticket holders are too.

Been going to games since the 80’s this attendance sht creeps up every **** year like it’s some anomaly.

Every **** major metropolitan college or pro team has this problem. It your not winning or competing against a big name school the stadium is going to not get filled. The Cubs likely being an exception. It’s not our fault we live in an awesome city.

This is the 2001 season. You know the greatest team ever assembled.

The last few years the stadium has had really good attendance compared to way better teams of th past when it comes to “cup cake” home games.
67EE5E59-4485-4119-A21D-941396B7675A.png

Advertisement
You realize that Apps two starting running backs are from Alabama and one went to Northwestern in Miami right? Apps best defensive end, Demetrius Taylor, went to Northwestern. There are maybe two guys on the roster actually from Boone, quite a few from the flat lands of NC, a few from Georgia, and a few from other schools in and around the Miami metropolitan area. Offensive coordinator Frank Ponce is from Miami, coached high school teams in Miami, coached at FIU and then made his way up to Boone. He then went to Louisville with Satterfield and is back in Boone. I'd say his new offense is a mix of Satterfield and Eli Drinkwitz, who was only here for one season.

Nothing would beat games App played in 2009 and 2012 in Greenville, NC at noon when the heat index was apparently over 110 degrees.

All that said, yall couldn't beat C-USA power houses in FIU and Louisiana Tech. You lost to UNC in 2019 when App beat them. App beat USC by holding them to 21 yards rushing on 27 attempts, in Columbia. The same USC team that beat UGA.

The 2016 team had many FCS recruits either starting or providing depth as well, yet it took a bogus holding call on a receiver to keep Marcus Cox under 100 yards rushing in ONE QUARTER. Then he was hurt, and the game was over. Dude had next level vision which is required in a stretch based offense.

I'm not going to make a score prediction here, as the eternal pessimist in me likes to be surprised. Maybe you're belief that we get blown out is right, but I can promise you that App is a better team, and program, than you think. The superiority complex this place has based on what yall did 30 years ago is astounding.
I’ve been to the real Death Valley. 130 degrees. My phone overheated in my pocket walking to the edge from the parking lot. Spent 20 min. Still didn’t sweat.

I’ll drop 20 pounds at MSU tailgate with full meal and drink. It matters.

Advertisement
If anyone wants to ask for proof of how far the program has fallen, look no further than this thread. We got a App State fan talking **** to us about them coming to play in Miami. We all live in a bad dream rooting for this athletic department

I’ve been to the real Death Valley. 130 degrees. My phone overheated in my pocket walking to the edge from the parking lot. Spent 20 min. Still didn’t sweat.

I’ll drop 20 pounds at MSU tailgate with full meal and drink. It matters.
Is the MSU game in the middle of the day? Going to be rough for those Michiganders getting ready for Winter time to come down and survive in that heat. It also doesn't surprise me that LSU is that hot. There is a reason the French sold it and it isn't because they were afraid of the U.S. Military.

That said, in regards to the game, App has players from hot areas of the country including many Floridians and Georgians. North Carolina, particularly like 3 weeks ago, was in a stretch where it was over 100 degrees for about two weeks straight it seemed. Eastern NC in summer time is a lot like SoFlo in summertime as well. It might be 85 but with the heat index it pushes 105. In the middle we don't quite get the moisture the coast has but it's still only about 5 or 6 degrees cooler with the heat index.

I also assume that there are a lot of Miami fans here around Greensboro. I expect I'll be seeing their flags on cars in a couple of days.

If anyone wants to ask for proof of how far the program has fallen, look no further than this thread. We got a App State fan talking **** to us about them coming to play in Miami. We all live in a bad dream rooting for this athletic department
I'm **** talking because someone enjoys the use of the term "Hillbilly" for a team whose best players often come from...MIAMI. Two impact players for App actually came from Northwestern.

Then I saw attendance predictions were in the 30,000's and realized that App had 36,000 in Boone when this game was played there. ****, App used to have 31,000 to play Elon, which at the time was like 120% capacity. In Charlotte, on a Thursday night, App and ECU had 36,000 with paid attendance at like 44,000 or so. Yet Miami, what I consider to be a premier program despite recent woes cannot get 35,000 to the stadium after no one could go to games for an entire year? Your entire BOT should be fired, laid off, let go, voted off, whatever, and the Athletics Department needs a make over and re-focus of what made Miami into what it became, both athletically and academically.

Miami still has a mystique for many around college football. They rarely admit it because Miami fans are an insufferable bunch. Personally, growing up in the 90's and early 2000's, I still view Virginia Tech, Miami, Florida State, et. al. as giants in waiting for the right administrators to pull their heads out of their asses. It looks like Florida State made the right hire with Norvell. Virginia Tech looked like the team I remember under Beamer and Foster while beating UNC. Yet, Miami, some how continues to look like a team with great potential that hasn't been tapped into. Last year was a great step forward, even with losses to Clemson and UNC.

Advertisement
Back