Crowd on Saturday

Advertisement
Every program does this. I think they'll announce north of 41,000. But there will be less than that in the seats.
Professional teams do the same.

I’ll be at the game but I find myself, once again, not excited about attending. At this point, I purchase season tickets because of family tradition but it’s becoming more and more difficult (not speaking financially wise) to stay committed with this BS.

Last edited:
I really wish we played more games at high noon so teams would melt. I know the fans wouldn’t like it but these hillbilly’s would have been dead after 10 mins.
You do realize this heat theory is a myth, right? We have lost plenty of games during the day throughout the years. I do think it will help us against MSU but it’s not a game changer.

Personally, I rather have a full crowd at night.

You do realize this heat theory is a myth, right? We have lost plenty of games during the day throughout the years. I do think it will help us against MSU but it’s not a game changer.

Y’all realize it’s summer everywhere? The whole heat thing isn’t that relevant early September?

Advertisement
Y’all realize it’s summer everywhere? The whole heat thing isn’t that relevant early September?
I don’t think it impacts the game enough to guarantee a victory but it will be it will play a role. It hurts the fans more than the opponent.

Dolphins lose 1pm games at home, all the time.

I don’t think it impacts the game enough to guarantee a victory but it will be it will play a role. It hurts the fans more than the opponent.

Dolphins lose 1pm games at home, all the time.
In september? Would love to see the stats on that

Unfortunate Miami metro doesnt foster enough of a consistent attending fan base. Too much competition for past time(s) and $$$.

Terrible look with tumbleweeds blowing in HRC in 2Q.

Despite soul crushing stupidity as coaching staff, Go Canes.

These players deserve better.
I remember seeing a correlation between attendance and some other stat. Can’t remember what it was. Hmmmm

Advertisement
Lower bowl 3/4 full. Upper bowl Tarp City.
It's not general admission seating. You sit where you bought tickets. The upper sidelines are usually pretty full, even for crappy teams. Those tickets cost more than my lower endzone seats. They also haven't used tarps since the stadium was redesigned. The upper corner seats they used to cover with tarps don't exist anymore.

The heat doesn't guarantee a victory but it works in our favor. Especially with how the stadium is designed. The visitor sidelines get zero shade until the sun starts to set. Given the option of sitting in the sun or sitting in the shade (at least 15 degrees cooler), every coach in the world would take the shaded sideline.

Still, I prefer night games too. More fun and bigger crowds.

The temperature in Boone isn't forecast to go above 80 this week. Their highs are in the mid-upper 70's and lows in the upper 40's. It's "summer" there but it's not 90+ with high humidity.

Advertisement
The temperature in Boone isn't forecast to go above 80 this week. Their highs are in the mid-upper 70's and lows in the upper 40's. It's "summer" there but it's not 90+ with high humidity.
A 7pm kickoff all this means nothing. They will be just fine.

If we are counting on weather to benefit us against App State or MSU then we are ****ed.

A 7pm kickoff all this means nothing. They will be just fine.

If we are counting on weather to benefit us against App State or MSU then we are ****ed.
It will still be hotter at 7 pm in Miami than it is at 2 pm in Boone. Our overnight lows in September are their high temperatures.

We shouldn't need to lean on the hot weather to win either game but it is definitely an advantage.

It will still be hotter at 7 pm in Miami than it is at 2 pm in Boone. Our overnight lows in September are their high temperatures.

We shouldn't need to lean on the hot weather to win either game but it is definitely an advantage.
The fact we are even having this discussion to beat App State is humiliating.

Advertisement
The fact we are even having this discussion to beat App State is humiliating.
I haven’t seen anyone say we need hot weather to beat App State. The heat is an advantage whether we need it or not.

As a person who works in the emergency room down here I can tell you that if we have a small crowd it 💯 won’t be because of covid.

Sofla believes in Easter bunnies, Santa Claus, Santeria, and chupacabras.
Covid? Not so much.

Unfortunate Miami metro doesnt foster enough of a consistent attending fan base. Too much competition for past time(s) and $$$.

Terrible look with tumbleweeds blowing in HRC in 2Q.

Despite soul crushing stupidity as coaching staff, Go Canes.

These players deserve better.
Tumbleweeds blowing @ Hard Rock? LMAO. Are YOU showing up on Sat?

Advertisement
Back