Crow - whatcha think

I'd be highly surprised if Gray Crow redshirted. He'll be the holder or something next year.

Advertisement
I see him transferring like his brother did. JMO.

However, I must say that at least one coach and a few campgoers like him better than Dewey.

However, I must say that at least one coach and a few campgoers like him better than Dewey.

That is interesting. It can't be stated enough how poor Dewey's competition is (as well as his teammates, unfortunately). I'd say I like him more than Crow, but it's a toss-up as to how well all of his qualities are going to translate. Private school ball in Tejas just sucks ***.

I like him better than Dewey. He seems to have a bigger arm and bigger measurables. He may not have the numbers, but that is do to the system his team runs, which is a testament to his ability to play within the system. Plus, Countryside plays some good competition, and they are pretty **** good. I think they won 10 or 11 games this year. Did Dewey win a game this year at all? Also, I think I read somewhere that Charlie Cheeseburger was out to Crow when he was at Notre Dame. Say what you want but that fat **** has seen some good quaterbacks in his days.

Arm strength is probably over rated in college football. Many successful QB lack arm great strength and are average. It is more important to find a offensive fit and QB that is smart and accurate, i.e. Kellen Moore, etc

Advertisement
Is it safe to say that Thompson has more upside than both of these guys?

If he was only playing football...then I'd say only his size could hold him back.

But as D pointed out in another thread, he will have an uphill battle given his limited amount of time in football compared to the other guys.

Good thing is I think Dewey and Crow both have upside just a matter of whether or not they tap into their potential.

We are bringing in 3 QB's in the class (Thompson, he is gonna play pro bball isnt he??) At least the coaches understand that you have to bring in QB's in every class.

Crow definetaly seems to have the bigger arm, but Dewey, on film, seems to be more accurate and more poised in the pocket. Hopefully we are able to Redshirt both of them, unless one of them comes in and plays very well.

Fisch did a great job on bringing Jacory along this year and teaching him to take the safe, underneath throw if its not open deep. You can tell how much he has improved in the pocket and being a QB. You would have though that this would have been the type of development we would see from his frosh to soph year, or soph to junior year, not during his senior year (Thanks Corch).

Our QB has been atricious since Berlin's senior year (04) and this year.

We are bringing in 3 QB's in the class (Thompson, he is gonna play pro bball isnt he??) At least the coaches understand that you have to bring in QB's in every class.

Crow definetaly seems to have the bigger arm, but Dewey, on film, seems to be more accurate and more poised in the pocket. Hopefully we are able to Redshirt both of them, unless one of them comes in and plays very well.

Fisch did a great job on bringing Jacory along this year and teaching him to take the safe, underneath throw if its not open deep. You can tell how much he has improved in the pocket and being a QB. You would have though that this would have been the type of development we would see from his frosh to soph year, or soph to junior year, not during his senior year (Thanks Corch).

This drives me nuts watching MAC football on a Tuesday night and seeing better QB play than we have had it this time frame.

Advertisement

This drives me nuts watching MAC football on a Tuesday night and seeing better QB play than we have had it this time frame.

Your telling me, the most important position on the fball field and we have struck out for almost a decade. We have 3rd string QB's we make look like 1st round NFL draft choices when they play us.

What a relief it is to have a staff that you can trust will get the best out of a kid, regardless of talent.

How would you guys rate Gray Crow's running ability? Does anyone see a scenario where he converts to fullback in a couple years?

If he was only playing football...then I'd say only his size could hold him back.

But as D pointed out in another thread, he will have an uphill battle given his limited amount of time in football compared to the other guys.

Good thing is I think Dewey and Crow both have upside just a matter of whether or not they tap into their potential.

He's 6'2 195. I think his size is just fine as a high school senior.

Advertisement
If this was flag football, he'd probably be all world. A kid that looks great in shorts in camp settings, but inexplicably does not have the high school production to back it up (I know, I know, run-oriented offense, but the TD-INT ratio at his comp level scares me). I don't mind this take though, since he's coming in with Dewey and Thompson (longshot IMO, but the kid looks good as a prospect).

Crow (6-foot-2, 210 pounds) led Countryside to an undefeated regular season and deep into the state playoffs, losing to Plant.

Passing: 96 178 1369 54% 7 TDs 8 Ints

Rushing: 11yds

QB Rating: 73

Record: 12-1

He's 6'2 195. I think his size is just fine as a high school senior.

He's not 6'2...he may have grown a bit lately, may be heading towards 6'1, but hes more like 6 foot flat.

It's part of his "ceiling" issue. Whereas A-Rod was a lanky 6-3, David is a solidly built 6 footer. It stood out at the Under Armour All-American Baseball game...where almost every prospect fell into the A-rod mold.

However, in that game Larry Bowa put him 3rd in the order and he produced...as usual. Its the moneyball production vs. prospect sort of argument.

Advertisement
We need to hit on a blue chipper this season for sure IMO, I like Dewey but comp is questionable.

Crow (6-foot-2, 210 pounds) led Countryside to an undefeated regular season and deep into the state playoffs, losing to Plant.

Passing: 96 178 1369 54% 7 TDs 8 Ints

Rushing: 11yds

QB Rating: 73

Record: 12-1
They lost to Venice last week, not plant

Advertisement
Back