Cross one off the list - Butch to retire

He should have retired after FIU beat Miami. Like a punch drunk fighter, didn’t know when to quit. His *** was about to git fired.
Taggart broke him...lol. No way Pete would ever fire Butch. Pete owes him too much. He let him keep his dignity and step down gracefully.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I Dont Season 8 GIF by Friends

Advertisement
Butch, thanks for all the work you did at Miami. We are still disappointed in you for lying and leaving to Cleveland. You should have stayed here and would have won multiple rings.

Enjoy your retirement with Tammie.

in all honesty, this is a good place for Manny to reset his career. hes not ready for this level of football. starting at FIU or (Temple in reality) is right where he should've been to start

Manny will be a DC somewhere next year. I'd guess in the P5. That's usually the career arc.

Would Pete Garcia appease us if he was AD? I don't know much about him, other than hearing how Butch loved him when he was here in the early 2000s.

Advertisement
Never got a chance to finish what he started here but he did get his sweet revenge. What better way to retire than to grab a gig on some sports network doing college analyst stuff and hanging with Jimmy in Key West in the offseason? Should have let that FIU thing go years ago.
What! Never got a chance to finish what he started, he quit, went pro, the choice was his.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need to sign him as one of the coaches for one day so he retires as a Hurricane......lol
I will always be grateful to Butch Davis for some of the best football I have ever watched and for giving us the most talented college football team of all times (arguably? although not for me)

We need to sign him as one of the coaches for one day so he retires as a Hurricane......lol
I will always be grateful to Butch Davis for some of the best football I have ever watched and for giving us the most talented college football team of all times (arguably? although not for me)
If we hadn't got Butch, we would be 30 years removed from a title at this point.

Advertisement
Back