Crootin Stories Vol. III

Advertisement
You will likely see this croot in our backfield all night in duke's *** come labor day if he comes back from knee injury.. too bad because he really wanted to play with Duke. This croot was all Miami even after going to see other schools, He just wanted to see his brother get a scholly. Our crootin staff had the nerve to tell his momma that no one was gonna give his brother a scholly....the next week 5 schools were willing to give his brother a scholly. The worst part about it is that his mom is a teacher and dearly wanted his son to stay close to home.... HIs mom consistently asked about Miami's sanctions and was repeatedly told don't worry about it.... They gave his mom the runaround so many times that at the end of the day mom was turned off from Miami. This croot actually thought to change his mind and come to Miami but mom was so turned off she told him don't worry about it. MOm cried when he chose other school... Mind u we brought in several defensive scrubs in that 2012 class that have yet to see the field nor will they. My point is these guys that we think are good crooters like Barrow are dumb as ****.. not good judges of characters and can't read people. We wont win too many crootin wars with this cast. If you don't have money or winning you dam sure better have charisma..How do you turn off an educated mom who wanted her son to go to Miami??

Another fail by our crootin staff.. not that other staffs don't fail too but this story was ridiculous.. Plus im ****ed at this latest ****gy croot. We should only be going out of state for OL and DT and Kickers..maybe QB... FML

Does google have an Ebonics translator? I can't understand he said.

You will likely see this croot in our backfield all night in duke's *** come labor day if he comes back from knee injury.. too bad because he really wanted to play with Duke. This croot was all Miami even after going to see other schools, He just wanted to see his brother get a scholly. Our crootin staff had the nerve to tell his momma that no one was gonna give his brother a scholly....the next week 5 schools were willing to give his brother a scholly. The worst part about it is that his mom is a teacher and dearly wanted his son to stay close to home.... HIs mom consistently asked about Miami's sanctions and was repeatedly told don't worry about it.... They gave his mom the runaround so many times that at the end of the day mom was turned off from Miami. This croot actually thought to change his mind and come to Miami but mom was so turned off she told him don't worry about it. MOm cried when he chose other school... Mind u we brought in several defensive scrubs in that 2012 class that have yet to see the field nor will they. My point is these guys that we think are good crooters like Barrow are dumb as ****.. not good judges of characters and can't read people. We wont win too many crootin wars with this cast. If you don't have money or winning you dam sure better have charisma..How do you turn off an educated mom who wanted her son to go to Miami??

Another fail by our crootin staff.. not that other staffs don't fail too but this story was ridiculous.. Plus im ****ed at this latest ****gy croot. We should only be going out of state for OL and DT and Kickers..maybe QB... FML

Translated:

A mom tried to hold up the University in order to fill two of our spots with dead weight and was correctly told "no thanks."

I dont think he ever said it was the mom trying to get the other kid a scholarship, just that Brown wanted him to get one. I think the fact that Miami told her nobody was going to give him a scholarship only to have 5 schools do so the next week was what "turned her off"

You use the word "fact" very cavalierly.

We ****ed.

Advertisement
True.

Ain't never lied. Not once.

We dodged a bullet not signing Bam we would have had both him and his brother taking up ships. Gimme Figs over Bam please

LOL players we signed in that cclass

Jawand Blue
Josh Witt
gabe terry
Dwayne hoilett
Vernon Crawford

Not saying we recruited better but Eddie Johnson was on pace to have a better career. You wanna talk about misses at LB talk to me about Skai Moore or Matt Thomas not sorry Keith Brown

There was a lot of buzz about Witt. He was fast. Not a bust just because he had to stop playing because of concussions. Who knows what could have been?

It is what it is....(whatever that means).

Uh-oh. Gettin' into bad territory. Actually, I'm an ancient white guy, started following Canes football in 1927, and I got more than the gist of what he said. I did check, however, and nothing that would work. Everything goes English-to-Ebonics. You can convert your idiomatic white man's slang English into the King's Ebonics, but not vice-versa.

Believe me, if you take the time, you can get your Oxford Ebonics Dictionary and look it up, word by word.

Interesting comment about Barrow, though. I don't remember what kind of student he was, isn't he supposed to fairly bright? He might be bright but not savvy at reading people, like BV says. I think good recruiters (excuse me, crooters) should be pretty clever and shrewd (excuse me, shrood) about people. It would help if he could have a good idea of what buttons to push with a parent, what's important to them.

Brown looked like a beast as a recruit and was a major FAIL by this staff no matter how you slice it up

What has he done to say this was a fail by the staff? Time may answer that question but to this time James Burgess was the far bigger miss in that class, and it's not close.

agreed that was a legacy right there

And the better football player. He was too small for Golden. He looked big enough to be knocking our backs all over the field in the bowl game.

Advertisement
True.

Ain't never lied. Not once.

We dodged a bullet not signing Bam we would have had both him and his brother taking up ships. Gimme Figs over Bam please

LOL players we signed in that cclass

Jawand Blue
Josh Witt
gabe terry
Dwayne hoilett
Vernon Crawford

Not saying we recruited better but Eddie Johnson was on pace to have a better career. You wanna talk about misses at LB talk to me about Skai Moore or Matt Thomas not sorry Keith Brown

There was a lot of buzz about Witt. He was fast. Not a bust just because he had to stop playing because of concussions. Who knows what could have been?

It is what it is....(whatever that means).

This cat is wearing orthopedic shoes to run his 40 :rollcanes:

351.jpg

Brown looked like a beast as a recruit and was a major FAIL by this staff no matter how you slice it up

What has he done to say this was a fail by the staff? Time may answer that question but to this time James Burgess was the far bigger miss in that class, and it's not close.

it was a fail because they lost a kid in our back yard that was an elite LB prospect that was committed and ready to come to Miami. they basically **** their pants. thats why its a fail numbnuts

Advertisement

agreed that was a legacy right there

as prospects, Brown > Burgess. Burgess was a major tweener iirc

And production thus far says Burgess is the better player.

I don't see the Brown recruitment as a problem on our end. They wanted his brother to get a ship and we said no. I don't see the problem with that.

I don't understand the butt hurt by the Brown family considering that this is a unique situation. Is Keith Brown worth two scholarships? NO, especially considering we were facing scholarship reductions.

Stop the whining.

Furthermore, Atkins has very little chance of a professional career. Why would the mother, a teacher, allow her sons to attend an average academic university (Louisville) considering that the whole reason behind the two scholarship deal was to get Atkins a free education? Why not choose a better academic university?

Normally, I wouldn't question a parent's decision making, but if she is going to whine about it, then wtf.

Advertisement
WTF, Denzel is one of the best LB's in the country, yet the OP is lusting over some linebacker who had 5 tackles last season saying he's gonna be in our backfield all night.

I'm sure Keith knew then and knows now that Duke is nothing to play with and he is not going to go down easily.

Brown has done nothing in his first two seasons to warrant calling him a miss whatsoever.

huh? im talking about him being in the backfield. he played with Duke so he knows Duke is going to be a monster and that he will have to bring hiss A++ game. Duke is going to have about 25-30 carries.

Advertisement
Back