Crootin Stories Vol. III

You will likely see this croot in our backfield all night in duke's *** come labor day if he comes back from knee injury.. too bad because he really wanted to play with Duke. This croot was all Miami even after going to see other schools, He just wanted to see his brother get a scholly. Our crootin staff had the nerve to tell his momma that no one was gonna give his brother a scholly....the next week 5 schools were willing to give his brother a scholly. The worst part about it is that his mom is a teacher and dearly wanted his son to stay close to home.... HIs mom consistently asked about Miami's sanctions and was repeatedly told don't worry about it.... They gave his mom the runaround so many times that at the end of the day mom was turned off from Miami. This croot actually thought to change his mind and come to Miami but mom was so turned off she told him don't worry about it. MOm cried when he chose other school... Mind u we brought in several defensive scrubs in that 2012 class that have yet to see the field nor will they. My point is these guys that we think are good crooters like Barrow are dumb as ****.. not good judges of characters and can't read people. We wont win too many crootin wars with this cast. If you don't have money or winning you dam sure better have charisma..How do you turn off an educated mom who wanted her son to go to Miami??

Another fail by our crootin staff.. not that other staffs don't fail too but this story was ridiculous.. Plus im ****ed at this latest ****gy croot. We should only be going out of state for OL and DT and Kickers..maybe QB... FML

Translated:

A mom tried to hold up the University in order to fill two of our spots with dead weight and was correctly told "no thanks."

Advertisement
Gimme the Mackensie Alexander story..... I'm still butt hurt... seems like brown and him were the same case as far as offering the less talented brother

You will likely see this croot in our backfield all night in duke's *** come labor day if he comes back from knee injury.. too bad because he really wanted to play with Duke. This croot was all Miami even after going to see other schools, He just wanted to see his brother get a scholly. Our crootin staff had the nerve to tell his momma that no one was gonna give his brother a scholly....the next week 5 schools were willing to give his brother a scholly. The worst part about it is that his mom is a teacher and dearly wanted his son to stay close to home.... HIs mom consistently asked about Miami's sanctions and was repeatedly told don't worry about it.... They gave his mom the runaround so many times that at the end of the day mom was turned off from Miami. This croot actually thought to change his mind and come to Miami but mom was so turned off she told him don't worry about it. MOm cried when he chose other school... Mind u we brought in several defensive scrubs in that 2012 class that have yet to see the field nor will they. My point is these guys that we think are good crooters like Barrow are dumb as ****.. not good judges of characters and can't read people. We wont win too many crootin wars with this cast. If you don't have money or winning you dam sure better have charisma..How do you turn off an educated mom who wanted her son to go to Miami??

Another fail by our crootin staff.. not that other staffs don't fail too but this story was ridiculous.. Plus im ****ed at this latest ****gy croot. We should only be going out of state for OL and DT and Kickers..maybe QB... FML

Translated:

A mom tried to hold up the University in order to fill two of our spots with dead weight and was correctly told "no thanks."

1000% agree. No family schollys. We knew reductions were coming and had to manage as best as possible.

Maybe, maybe not. Luiiis' point stands--you're not helping.

depends on the recruit, every recruit is different

If recruits are truly reading these boards there are far more damning things being said to hurt their recruitment than Verns stories. Just look at the last few welcome to the U threads and see the new commits getting lambasted by our fanbase as evidence.

i know for a fact that recruits read these boards, some get turned off some dont care, like i said it depends on the recruit

this story could have a negative effect on some kids but there are some worst stories that other top schools have done to recruits that arent really said
...and due to that, we look worse to a kid who takes stock in stuff on here or other message boards. Look anywhere else, and you won't see Bama, L$U, F$U, or Clemple fans airing out their dirty laundry or bad coaching moves. They may criticize certain things, but they're not going out of their way to reveal stories they're "connected" to, just for the sake of writing a "bleak vision" of their staff.

It's a god**** joke. And it may not affect every kid, but if will some...and we can't afford to shallow out the pool of recruits that Golden & Co can go after due to getting ****ed over recruiting and deciding to clean the skeletons out of the closet with these uncorroborated stories.

the kids know these stories already, these stories travel how do you think vern found out, like i said there are worse stories that have been done to recruits and all the recruits know this, but to be honest most really dont care

Advertisement
depends on the recruit, every recruit is different

If recruits are truly reading these boards there are far more damning things being said to hurt their recruitment than Verns stories. Just look at the last few welcome to the U threads and see the new commits getting lambasted by our fanbase as evidence.

i know for a fact that recruits read these boards, some get turned off some dont care, like i said it depends on the recruit

this story could have a negative effect on some kids but there are some worst stories that other top schools have done to recruits that arent really said
...and due to that, we look worse to a kid who takes stock in stuff on here or other message boards. Look anywhere else, and you won't see Bama, L$U, F$U, or Clemple fans airing out their dirty laundry or bad coaching moves. They may criticize certain things, but they're not going out of their way to reveal stories they're "connected" to, just for the sake of writing a "bleak vision" of their staff.

It's a god**** joke. And it may not affect every kid, but if will some...and we can't afford to shallow out the pool of recruits that Golden & Co can go after due to getting ****ed over recruiting and deciding to clean the skeletons out of the closet with these uncorroborated stories.

the kids know these stories already, these stories travel how do you think vern found out, like i said there are worse stories that have been done to recruits and all the recruits know this, but to be honest most really dont care
...OK, but again--why signal boost the stories by perpetuating them on a message board for those that may be affected by the way it paints our coaching staff and our program? There's nothing to be gained from it.

I just don't see the need in rehashing it, and making the program look worse in a prospect's eyes just for the sake of "bleak visions".

Advertisement

Translated:

I dont think he ever said it was the mom trying to get the other kid a scholarship, just that Brown wanted him to get one. I think the fact that Miami told her nobody was going to give him a scholarship only to have 5 schools do so the next week was what "turned her off"

Wasn't this in the small number class with a hard limit that Donna was self-imposing to save herself from taking the little slime's money? I'm not necessarily against offering two to get the one you want if someone if that good. But if your policy is against that then you should stand by it. Want does bother me is the continuation of the theme that local kids have special rights of ownership to UM. The school is about as world wide as it can be and I want the best talent from anywhere. I believe the best talent in general is in So Fl but we would have maybe one NC with just local talent. Local HS people, like Luke, try to hold THE U hostage for their own purposes. I love our local kids, but as a local and alum, I am getting tired of some of the crap they pull. Loyalty goes both ways. If THE U is supposed to give free educations to all these local kids, then NONE with an offer from THE U should even consider another school. If guys like blackvern, Selio and Uncle Luke can guarantee THE U gets its pick of all the So Fl kids, then I am okay with selecting almost all our players from them. But this crap where the school I paid hard earned $$$ to is the property of local hot shots is starting to get under my skin. I agree that Donna has crippled the program and want her fired before Al. ****, I almost punched Foote in the face after his Cotton Bowl comments, but let's remember that until Howard and JJ started kicking the crap out of college football, South Florida High Schools never received recruiting attention at all. Maybe OU and a few others slipped in for an occasional recruit, but nothing like today. THE U did as much for South Florida recruiting as South Florida recruits did for THE U. The marriage of the two was something special. Stop blaming only one side for the divorce.

Wasn't this in the small number class with a hard limit that Donna was self-imposing to save herself from taking the little slime's money? I'm not necessarily against offering two to get the one you want if someone if that good. But if your policy is against that then you should stand by it. Want does bother me is the continuation of the theme that local kids have special rights of ownership to UM. The school is about as world wide as it can be and I want the best talent from anywhere. I believe the best talent in general is in So Fl but we would have maybe one NC with just local talent. Local HS people, like Luke, try to hold THE U hostage for their own purposes. I love our local kids, but as a local and alum, I am getting tired of some of the crap they pull. Loyalty goes both ways. If THE U is supposed to give free educations to all these local kids, then NONE with an offer from THE U should even consider another school. If guys like blackvern, Selio and Uncle Luke can guarantee THE U gets its pick of all the So Fl kids, then I am okay with selecting almost all our players from them. But this crap where the school I paid hard earned $$$ to is the property of local hot shots is starting to get under my skin. I agree that Donna has crippled the program and want her fired before Al. ****, I almost punched Foote in the face after his Cotton Bowl comments, but let's remember that until Howard and JJ started kicking the crap out of college football, South Florida High Schools never received recruiting attention at all. Maybe OU and a few others slipped in for an occasional recruit, but nothing like today. THE U did as much for South Florida recruiting as South Florida recruits did for THE U. The marriage of the two was something special. Stop blaming only one side for the divorce.

This was in the big, Duke - Tracey - Deon class.

Advertisement

Translated:

I dont think he ever said it was the mom trying to get the other kid a scholarship, just that Brown wanted him to get one. I think the fact that Miami told her nobody was going to give him a scholarship only to have 5 schools do so the next week was what "turned her off"

Its was common knowledge at the time that the family was using Brown to get his brother, Lamar Atkins, a scholarship. Atkins was a 2* unranked kid. I think Illinois was the 1st to offer Atkins, Brown then committed there. Brown decommitted there and they both ended up at Louisville.

Gimme the Mackensie Alexander story..... I'm still butt hurt... seems like brown and him were the same case as far as offering the less talented brother

his brother never went to the same school if i remember correctly, he went to auburn

Ain't that a *****... wasn't that the main reason we missed out on him because we didn't offer his twin .... FML I pray to God we don't lose anymore studs out of Immokalee.... Alexander and JC Jackson were epic failures in my opinion but I don't want to add on to the long list of the crying *******

Advertisement
Brown looked like a beast as a recruit and was a major FAIL by this staff no matter how you slice it up

Brown looked like a beast as a recruit and was a major FAIL by this staff no matter how you slice it up

What has he done to say this was a fail by the staff? Time may answer that question but to this time James Burgess was the far bigger miss in that class, and it's not close.

Advertisement
Back