Crootin Stories Vol. III

Keith sucks. His brother is worse, sub-walk on. We dodged a bullet. WTF is this thread about?

Advertisement
Maybe, maybe not. Luiiis' point stands--you're not helping.

depends on the recruit, every recruit is different

If recruits are truly reading these boards there are far more damning things being said to hurt their recruitment than Verns stories. Just look at the last few welcome to the U threads and see the new commits getting lambasted by our fanbase as evidence.

i know for a fact that recruits read these boards, some get turned off some dont care, like i said it depends on the recruit

this story could have a negative effect on some kids but there are some worst stories that other top schools have done to recruits that arent really said
...and due to that, we look worse to a kid who takes stock in stuff on here or other message boards. Look anywhere else, and you won't see Bama, L$U, F$U, or Clemple fans airing out their dirty laundry or bad coaching moves. They may criticize certain things, but they're not going out of their way to reveal stories they're "connected" to, just for the sake of writing a "bleak vision" of their staff.

It's a god**** joke. And it may not affect every kid, but if will some...and we can't afford to shallow out the pool of recruits that Golden & Co can go after due to getting ****ed over recruiting and deciding to clean the skeletons out of the closet with these uncorroborated stories.

Yeah but if he doesn't post his "bleak visions" BS how if he going to maintain his message board cred and have all of his boys giving him rep and stuff.

Priorities man!!!!!!!

depends on the recruit, every recruit is different

If recruits are truly reading these boards there are far more damning things being said to hurt their recruitment than Verns stories. Just look at the last few welcome to the U threads and see the new commits getting lambasted by our fanbase as evidence.

i know for a fact that recruits read these boards, some get turned off some dont care, like i said it depends on the recruit

this story could have a negative effect on some kids but there are some worst stories that other top schools have done to recruits that arent really said
...and due to that, we look worse to a kid who takes stock in stuff on here or other message boards. Look anywhere else, and you won't see Bama, L$U, F$U, or Clemple fans airing out their dirty laundry or bad coaching moves. They may criticize certain things, but they're not going out of their way to reveal stories they're "connected" to, just for the sake of writing a "bleak vision" of their staff.

It's a god**** joke. And it may not affect every kid, but if will some...and we can't afford to shallow out the pool of recruits that Golden & Co can go after due to getting ****ed over recruiting and deciding to clean the skeletons out of the closet with these uncorroborated stories.

Yeah but if he doesn't post his "bleak visions" BS how if he going to maintain his message board cred and have all of his boys giving him rep and stuff.

Priorities man!!!!!!!
BleakAss "crouton stupidity" the guys a joke. SMDH :stormwarning:

the kids know these stories already, these stories travel how do you think vern found out, like i said there are worse stories that have been done to recruits and all the recruits know this, but to be honest most really dont care
...OK, but again--why signal boost the stories by perpetuating them on a message board for those that may be affected by the way it paints our coaching staff and our program? There's nothing to be gained from it.

I just don't see the need in rehashing it, and making the program look worse in a prospect's eyes just for the sake of "bleak visions".

Well im not the person to be asked that question, tell that to vern

See the problem with these stories is, not only do they make our university and coaching staff look bad at a personal level, like they arent people persons and have no idea how to handle situations, but its also ONE SIDE of the story. One side of the story written by someone else, who may or may not feel a certain way about this staff... Theres her side of the story, Miami/barrow/whoever's side of the story and the truth. We will never get a chance to hear the other sides view and defense so why even bother with these stories.

Advertisement
IMO, this is a thread for the sake of making a thread serving no other good purpose --- isn't a good read for the board and doesn't help Miami in any way. All it does it stir up ****. It also weakens the Crootin Stories previous success. We all pretty much knew this, other than the mom piece, and to that end, most did not think Brown was worth 2 scholarships and his production proves that true.

If people are going to **** on the coaching staff on the recruiting board at least make it interesting.

I'm not so sure this thread is a good example of recruiting blunders but let's not sit here and act like our staff doesn't make questionable decisions.

Who's the DT at Virginia Tech who just got All-ACC? Luther Maddy?

Then there's Skai Moore.

Fabian Moreau, who a lot of you called a scrub and said didn't deserve a sniff from Miami, is slated as an early draft pick right now, some saying he's 1st round caliber CB. 6'1" 200lbs running a 4.3 forty. I think we offered Dortch (CB), Hope (CB), Davis (CB), Gunter (CB) and Dilliard (RB) instead. Yeah, good call. lol

Isaih McKenzie is a mistake IMO but obviously it's too early to tell.

Juwan Dowels is another mistake IMO, yet we offered Ryan Mayes and Dennis Turner. I'm sure that'll come back to bite us when we play Syracuse.

We didn't show any interest in Wade Freebeck, which I guess I can understand...but even he told me that he was baffled that Miami didn't offer Sean White. So basically a kid that was good enough for Auburn isn't good enough for Miami.

Many of the kids that we don't offer have offers from other schools that would mop the floor with Miami if they played against one another.

I'm not so sure this thread is a good example of recruiting blunders but let's not sit here and act like our staff doesn't make questionable decisions.

Then there's Skai Moore.

Fabian Moreau, who a lot of you called a scrub and said didn't deserve a sniff from Miami, is slated as an early draft pick right now, some saying he's 1st round caliber CB. 6'1" 200lbs running a 4.3 forty. I think we offered Dortch (CB), Hope (CB), Davis (CB), Gunter (CB) and Dilliard (RB) instead. Yeah, good call. lol

Juwan Dowels is another mistake IMO, yet we offered Ryan Mayes and Dennis Turner. I'm sure that'll come back to bite us when we play Syracuse.

We didn't show any interest in Wade Freebeck, which I guess I can understand...but even he told me that he was baffled that Miami didn't offer Sean White. So basically a kid that was good enough for Auburn isn't good enough for Miami.

Many of the kids that we don't offer have offers from other schools that would mop the floor with Miami if they played against one another.

Hold on young man. Luther Maddy was a 2 star from the class of 2011, you know the class where Golden was hired like a month before signing day. Was he supposed to scout every single 2 star kid from South Florida that year?

Skai Moore I'll give you. That was a blunder.

Fabian Moreau.... not sure where you're getting that he's "slated as an early draft pick" except hype from his head coach. The draft boards I'm looking at have him as the 67th ranked cornerback which would have him going undrafted.

The other guys haven't done anything in college yet.

Then there's Skai Moore.

Hold on young man. Luther Maddy was a 2 star from the class of 2011, you know the class where Golden was hired like a month before signing day. Was he supposed to scout every single 2 star kid from South Florida that year?

Skai Moore I'll give you. That was a blunder.

Fabian Moreau.... not sure where you're getting that he's "slated as an early draft pick" except hype from his head coach. The draft boards I'm looking at have him as the 67th ranked cornerback which would have him going undrafted.

The other guys haven't done anything in college yet.

Ok, I'll give you Luther Maddy.

And Moreau, LOL @ that kid being the 67th CB in the nation. The hype isn't just coming from his head coach, it's coming from UCLA writers and teammates. He'll jump up the draft boards once his Junior season takes off. And regardless, the little that he has done up to this point still makes him better than the kids Miami offered instead of him.

The other guys I mentioned don't have to do anything in college yet for me to believe that they were mistakes. (just my opinion)

But I hear ya.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back