Cristobal v Dan Campbell

Don’t feel bad all other teams out are complaining about coaching and quarterbacks same as cfb, and they want everyone fired. Detroit roster get tweaked for the better they will be good again, but qb is a concern there imo.
QB, CB, DE, LB, WR, DT all weak.

Advertisement
You know what is funny is that Campbell could have save all 3 timeouts and got the 3 when they got inside the 25 then get a stop and get the ball back with a chance to tie.

Instead the idiot goes for it on 4th and goal from inside the 5 and got lucky with a td. Onside kicks in the NFL rarely work now.

If you come away from that game, or the last two seasons, saying that the Lions need a QB... you're just wrong. Goff is the least of their issues

Advertisement
If you come away from that game, or the last two seasons, saying that the Lions need a QB... you're just wrong. Goff is the least of their issues
Goff is a liability and needs everything to be perfect to succeed.

What you're looking for in a QB is very rare. You won't find it at pick 28 (at least 90% it will be a bust), you won't find it in FA (Cousins is QB1), and a team won't trade it away.

Idk, maybe Bo Nix at 28 is your best bet and hope he doesn't bust. But QB definitely isn't the biggest need.

Wasn't in the game thread, but was that Jameson Williams td throw that went right through his hands discussed enough? Smh

As a Hurricane and Detroit native, I'd like to take about 5 years off from football

Lions had their best season since I've been alive, just for it to end like that. So brutal. As for the Mario/DC debate, DC is a way better coach, and he has his fingerprints all over the offense. Before the Lions got Ben Johnson (OC), he took over play calling at the end of 2021, and it made a huge difference. I didn't necessarily love or hate either of the fourth down calls, it's just what he does and he stuck with it.

If Josh Reynolds doesn't drop two balls, Gibbs doesn't fumble, Aiyuk makes a miracle catch, none of this would've mattered. Also, the defense had absolutely no contain on Brock Purdy. Just sucks

Can one of my teams win something in my lifetime, please
Reynolds drops are more egregious, IMO. That’s his job. To catch the ball.

Gibbs fumble and Aiyuk catch are just luck plays. The same way Zay Flowers fumbles diving for the end zone. Yes, you can always do better securing the ball and #29 should make the play.

The drops are (easy catches) are just inexcusable.

He played a good game. He didn’t turn the ball over and made good decisions.

His one missed throw was big though. He has to complete that open pass to Gibbs in the end zone before halftime. They had to settle for a FG so that was 4 points left off the board.

Advertisement
He played a good game. He didn’t turn the ball over and made good decisions.

His one missed throw was big though. He has to complete that open pass to Gibbs in the end zone before halftime. They had to settle for a FG so that was 4 points left off the board.
Yes all of that is fine. The bigger issue is any sign of pressure and he folds easier than a banquet chair. I watched Purdy run for 60 yards and Goff is incapable of 1. He is the epitome of a statue.

What you're looking for in a QB is very rare. You won't find it at pick 28 (at least 90% it will be a bust), you won't find it in FA (Cousins is QB1), and a team won't trade it away.

Idk, maybe Bo Nix at 28 is your best bet and hope he doesn't bust. But QB definitely isn't the biggest need.

Wasn't in the game thread, but was that Jameson Williams td throw that went right through his hands discussed enough? Smh
We will be back to 8-9 or 9-8 or 7-10 next year. My bigger concern than drafting a QB is paying Goff 50 million for the next 4-5 years (No it's not my money CIS stfu). Yes Jameson had no idea how to catch a flea flicker. Antwaan Randle El has failed tremendously coaching him up.

Advertisement
Yes all of that is fine. The bigger issue is any sign of pressure and he folds easier than a banquet chair. I watched Purdy run for 60 yards and Goff is incapable of 1. He is the epitome of a statue.
Yes. No doubt. Purdy basically was Lamar yesterday with his legs. Matthew Stafford was a good scrambler as well. He wins that game yesterday as he was money in the 4th quarter.

You will definitely need a new QB in two years time. I would draft one this year if I am Detroit in the 4th-5th round as it’s a deep draft.

Purdy was the last pick in the draft so you can find a good quality QB to at least challenge and be a backup to Goff for another season or 2.

Advertisement
You know what is funny is that Campbell could have save all 3 timeouts and got the 3 when they got inside the 25 then get a stop and get the ball back with a chance to tie.

Instead the idiot goes for it on 4th and goal from inside the 5 and got lucky with a td. Onside kicks in the NFL rarely work now.
went for it from the 28 too. Well within the kickers range. 6 points left on the field by 4th down dan.

went for it from the 28 too. Well within the kickers range. 6 points left on the field by 4th down dan.
People on social media were roasting Badgley saying he’d miss. Well he’s been solid the last two years and went 13-16 from 40 plus the last two years including a 54 yarder a couple weeks ago.

What’s the point of having a kicker on your team if you aren’t trying field goals within 47 yards?

Advertisement
Back