Cristobal Thread

Advertisement
Ok Bud. You dont think Mario will leave Oregon for MiamI, but you think Patterson is going to leave his 20 year gig where he makes $5 million for Miami. If $2.6m is Nike money, what is $5m? Genius....
If UM wouldn't pay Patterson 5 Million...but payed Garbage *** Richt 4+ Million...then that tells you all you need to know...Patterson wakes up in the a.m...and Wipes his *** with Luigi and Diaz....Patterson + Dade and Broward Kids, with his type of Staff...would've Won a NC by now if he would have came in 07/08...

Yep, just keep going back to the coaching stump rather than branch out for a coach. Tired of worrying about the connection to the program, tired of worrying about nationality or other factor. I just want someone that can coach, recruit and build the program their way and not try to relive the past. Howard was Howard, Jimmy was Jimmy. We need someone that is their own man, and will build their own program.

Mario is not the answer, and would be a fool to leave the situation he is in.

Head coaching record[edit]​

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
FIU Golden Panthers / Panthers (Sun Belt Conference) (2007–2012)
2007FIU1–111–67th
2008FIU5–73–4T–5th
2009FIU3–93–56th
2010FIU7–66–2T–1stW Little Caesars Pizza
2011FIU8–55–34thL Beef 'O' Brady's
2012FIU3–92–6T–8th
FIU:27–4720–26
Oregon Ducks (Pac-12 Conference) (2017–present)
2017Oregon0–10–04th (North)L Las Vegas
2018Oregon9–45–44th (North)W Redbox
2019Oregon12–28–11st (North)W Rose55
Oregon:21–713–5
Total:48–54
That don’t mean jack. Look at Mike Locksley before he got to Bama. Not very impressive. He got there learned and blossomed. Now he’s in his 2nd HC stint at Maryland abs will be successful. You kids keep looking at a coaches past vs the full picture. Maturation in coaching is an actual thing. He’s gotten much better.

Hey, it’s that time of year again. So what, be angry. I’m not giving up on Diaz yet, I think he means well and could very well be successful. I just get the feeling he’s more of a stop gap/stabilizer then the answer. Saban, Dabo,Jimbo(meh, he won one so 🤷🏿‍♂️) **** even Day. All the big time programs have their elite coach. We think Diaz is ours? Could be but, IF he isn’t, I think we go all in on Mario. Yea, he has “Nike money” but people always discount the allure of home. Miami Cuban being the msn at UM? Plus idk what y’all talk about, he can coach and recruit. Our deficiency we been having at OL are alleviated with that hire. If Manny doesn’t make it, Cristobal is the #1 choice.
Right BacK at all you p*$$!3$. I said what I said.

Advertisement
Gary Patterson took 1 and 2* kids (hand me downs from OU...Texas...A&M etc..)
And was ripped off outta playing in 2013 NC...which they would've Won....Hes only 59 yrs old...and does more with less...His Defense would absolutely Kill it at Miami...
100% right! It was 2014, not 13 but they had the hottest team going into the post season in the country that year and would made the CFP if they hadn’t blown that big lead against Baylor. But I digress, what could've been If he was hired in 2006 instead of Radio. Smh

Hey, it’s that time of year again. So what, be angry. I’m not giving up on Diaz yet, I think he means well and could very well be successful. I just get the feeling he’s more of a stop gap/stabilizer then the answer. Saban, Dabo,Jimbo(meh, he won one so 🤷🏿‍♂️) **** even Day. All the big time programs have their elite coach. We think Diaz is ours? Could be but, IF he isn’t, I think we go all in on Mario. Yea, he has “Nike money” but people always discount the allure of home. Miami Cuban being the msn at UM? Plus idk what y’all talk about, he can coach and recruit. Our deficiency we been having at OL are alleviated with that hire. If Manny doesn’t make it, Cristobal is the #1 choice.
NOT THIS **** AGAIN!

I thought this place would get better when actual football started being played. I'd almost rather see 100 MAGA threads than this ****.

That don’t mean jack. Look at Mike Locksley before he got to Bama. Not very impressive. He got there learned and blossomed. Now he’s in his 2nd HC stint at Maryland abs will be successful. You kids keep looking at a coaches past vs the full picture. Maturation in coaching is an actual thing. He’s gotten much better.
Well, you got me there on the Locksley thing. He went from one win in his first stint to three wins last season.

Sure Mario appears to have gotten better, but look at the situation he is in. Explain CHip Kelly to me though. How is it that he was fire at Oregon and now looks lost as a coach? Double digit wins each season at Oregon and now a 4 win best in the same conference, which is not a great conference. Oregon has top notch everything with Nike power, and I am sure Mario has a recruiting budget and bag like at Baga. He will not have that here.

Just because he is an ex-Cane and Cuban means nothing when it comes to being the best for the position. Coker, Randy, Richt and now Manny should be all the proof you need. Golden wanted to be a cross between Paterno and the Miami of old. It doesn't work. We need someone to bring in their own style and make Miami the team to emulate again, not try to relieve the days that have passed a long time ago.

Advertisement
Oregon isn't even playing Football this year & we still have a "bRiNg bAcK cRiStObAl!" Brigade lol.

1) No.
2) He's not interested.
3) Let's let this season play out before we start already throwing in the towel on the HC, there's things that Diaz does that I don't like but as of right now he's done nearly everything he could to try to salvage & recover from last year's embarrassment & unless we just lose a bunch of games this year there's no reason to call for his head until it's proven he can't get the job done. Wait until November/December before yall grab the pitchforks.
4) Idk if you're paying attention but due to Covid everything economically is down, especially in college athletics, Miami doesn't have the money to buyout Diaz & spend a whole bunch to take a P5 coach from another program, unless Diaz goes 1-10 this year, he's not getting fired anytime soon.

At the end of the day the jury is still out on Diaz, but he still deserves time & to see how this season goes before the fans start up the Cristobal train again.

If Diaz doesn't work out, bring me Josh Heupel or Billy Napier & keep Rhett Lashlee.

No more local former Canes, they all failed here. If the Diaz experiment goes bad then the next HC needs to be a coach with an offensive background & is an outsider like Jimmy Johnson was.

Yep - start looking forward and backward at places like Arkansas State - they've had some really good coaches and coordinators come through that little school. Something about Arkansas/Oklahoma/Texas coaches.

So which one Is your final argument why he won’t come here? He Just aint coMing, he ain’t all that, or we won’t pay him enough ?

regardless of what anyone says, he’ll be at the top of Miamis list if they ever get sick of Diaz
Which means we'll hire Les Miles.

I skipped the whole thread, ill just say this a whole bunch of teams looked like trash yesterday. Let these guys get into a groove before we throw them under the bus. JMO.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Well, you got me there on the Locksley thing. He went from one win in his first stint to three wins last season.

Sure Mario appears to have gotten better, but look at the situation he is in. Explain CHip Kelly to me though. How is it that he was fire at Oregon and now looks lost as a coach? Double digit wins each season at Oregon and now a 4 win best in the same conference, which is not a great conference. Oregon has top notch everything with Nike power, and I am sure Mario has a recruiting budget and bag like at Baga. He will not have that here.

Just because he is an ex-Cane and Cuban means nothing when it comes to being the best for the position. Coker, Randy, Richt and now Manny should be all the proof you need. Golden wanted to be a cross between Paterno and the Miami of old. It doesn't work. We need someone to bring in their own style and make Miami the team to emulate again, not try to relieve the days that have passed a long time ago.
Look where Chip is. UCLA. After Texas, USC and now Oregon, and Washington have their pick, who is left? Players matter. You can be the greatest coach ever but if you don’t have the horses, it won’t matter. In the last decade, what had been the recruiting profile comparative to the school that recruit in that area? Exactly. Put Chip in a place where kids will come and resources and he’d be fine. I’m saying for Mario him being alumni and the cultural allure is a strong push. Plus he keeps padding his resume year by year. Do we look at Oregon as a blood blue school? Let me put it another way, over the last 30 years what schools have won the Natty? The same **** 5-6 schools that always have. I’m saying Mario wants to win. I don’t think Oregon would be his final destination to do that. Like Kirby to Georgia and Mike to Maryland, home is where the heart is.

Miami is 1-0 and we got this dummy starting threads about replacing our HC. OP can't be this stupid. He must be a troll.

GO CANES!!!

Look where Chip is. UCLA. After Texas, USC and now Oregon, and Washington have their pick, who is left? Players matter. You can be the greatest coach ever but if you don’t have the horses, it won’t matter. In the last decade, what had been the recruiting profile comparative to the school that recruit in that area? Exactly. Put Chip in a place where kids will come and resources and he’d be fine. I’m saying for Mario him being alumni and the cultural allure is a strong push. Plus he keeps padding his resume year by year. Do we look at Oregon as a blood blue school? Let me put it another way, over the last 30 years what schools have won the Natty? The same **** 5-6 schools that always have. I’m saying Mario wants to win. I don’t think Oregon would be his final destination to do that. Like Kirby to Georgia and Mike to Maryland, home is where the heart is.

Every coach wants to win dude.

And I don’t think padding your resume means what you think it means.

Advertisement
Back