Cristobal Thread

ZuCrew

Sophomore
Hey, it’s that time of year again. So what, be angry. I’m not giving up on Diaz yet, I think he means well and could very well be successful. I just get the feeling he’s more of a stop gap/stabilizer then the answer. Saban, Dabo,Jimbo(meh, he won one so 🤷🏿‍♂️) **** even Day. All the big time programs have their elite coach. We think Diaz is ours? Could be but, IF he isn’t, I think we go all in on Mario. Yea, he has “Nike money” but people always discount the allure of home. Miami Cuban being the msn at UM? Plus idk what y’all talk about, he can coach and recruit. Our deficiency we been having at OL are alleviated with that hire. If Manny doesn’t make it, Cristobal is the #1 choice.

Advertisement
Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Advertisement
big test for CMD this week, see if they go to UL and are prepared to compete for 60 minutes.do not need a repeat of last years unpreparedness
if CMD goes, hopefully James goes as well.... he's is massively incompetent period.let the new AD make the call
if O is great this year CMD will be saved....... do not trust his D staff top to bottom

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario ain't coming...and to be Honest...he ain't all that to begin with...
I’ll never understand people who say this, the guy won the pac 12 and rose bowl last year. And was a game one close loss to Auburn from playing in the CFP. How much better of a coach can he be for gods sake?! Smh we’d be blessed to have Mario over Manny. One guys actually played the game and the other guy is just playing make believe.

Last edited:
Yep, just keep going back to the coaching stump rather than branch out for a coach. Tired of worrying about the connection to the program, tired of worrying about nationality or other factor. I just want someone that can coach, recruit and build the program their way and not try to relive the past. Howard was Howard, Jimmy was Jimmy. We need someone that is their own man, and will build their own program.

Mario is not the answer, and would be a fool to leave the situation he is in.

Head coaching record[edit]​

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
FIU Golden Panthers / Panthers (Sun Belt Conference) (2007–2012)
2007FIU1–111–67th
2008FIU5–73–4T–5th
2009FIU3–93–56th
2010FIU7–66–2T–1stW Little Caesars Pizza
2011FIU8–55–34thL Beef 'O' Brady's
2012FIU3–92–6T–8th
FIU:27–4720–26
Oregon Ducks (Pac-12 Conference) (2017–present)
2017Oregon0–10–04th (North)L Las Vegas
2018Oregon9–45–44th (North)W Redbox
2019Oregon12–28–11st (North)W Rose55
Oregon:21–713–5
Total:48–54

Advertisement
So which one Is your final argument why he won’t come here? He Just aint coMing, he ain’t all that, or we won’t pay him enough ?

regardless of what anyone says, he’ll be at the top of Miamis list if they ever get sick of Diaz
Would you leave a job where you're adored and have reasonable expectations for one with a fickle fan base that calls for your head if you don't go undefeated and win every game decisively?

Look at this place after we beat UAB by 17. You'd have though we barely won by accident.

big test for CMD this week, see if they go to UL and are prepared to compete for 60 minutes.do not need a repeat of last years unpreparedness
if CMD goes, hopefully James goes as well.... he's is massively incompetent period.let the new AD make the call
if O is great this year CMD will be saved....... do not trust his D staff top to bottom
WTF WTF WTF. For the love of God. Please stop referring to our coacheS with this CMD or CMR ****. Sound like some kind of ******* venereal disease. The CMR thing was a Georgia thing. Should have let that redneck BR549 **** die on the vine. 86 that **** alphabet breaker breaker. It sounds so unoriginal. WTF is next? CJJ OR CHS OR God forbid CBD????

Go Canes!!!!

Oregon isn't even playing Football this year & we still have a "bRiNg bAcK cRiStObAl!" Brigade lol.

1) No.
2) He's not interested.
3) Let's let this season play out before we start already throwing in the towel on the HC, there's things that Diaz does that I don't like but as of right now he's done nearly everything he could to try to salvage & recover from last year's embarrassment & unless we just lose a bunch of games this year there's no reason to call for his head until it's proven he can't get the job done. Wait until November/December before yall grab the pitchforks.
4) Idk if you're paying attention but due to Covid everything economically is down, especially in college athletics, Miami doesn't have the money to buyout Diaz & spend a whole bunch to take a P5 coach from another program, unless Diaz goes 1-10 this year, he's not getting fired anytime soon.

At the end of the day the jury is still out on Diaz, but he still deserves time & to see how this season goes before the fans start up the Cristobal train again.

If Diaz doesn't work out, bring me Josh Heupel or Billy Napier & keep Rhett Lashlee.

No more local former Canes, they all failed here. If the Diaz experiment goes bad then the next HC needs to be a coach with an offensive background & is an outsider like Jimmy Johnson was.

Advertisement
Back