Cristobal Thread

If UM wouldn't pay Patterson 5 Million...but payed Garbage *** Richt 4+ Million...then that tells you all you need to know...Patterson wakes up in the a.m...and Wipes his *** with Luigi and Diaz....Patterson + Dade and Broward Kids, with his type of Staff...would've Won a NC by now if he would have came in 07/08...
I’ve been on the bandwagon for Patterson for **** near 15 years!
But UM brass thought Radio, Golden, washed up Richt and Manny were the answers?
Smdh!

Advertisement
forrest gump love GIF

Used already, but still applies

Look where Chip is. UCLA. After Texas, USC and now Oregon, and Washington have their pick, who is left? Players matter. You can be the greatest coach ever but if you don’t have the horses, it won’t matter. In the last decade, what had been the recruiting profile comparative to the school that recruit in that area? Exactly. Put Chip in a place where kids will come and resources and he’d be fine. I’m saying for Mario him being alumni and the cultural allure is a strong push. Plus he keeps padding his resume year by year. Do we look at Oregon as a blood blue school? Let me put it another way, over the last 30 years what schools have won the Natty? The same **** 5-6 schools that always have. I’m saying Mario wants to win. I don’t think Oregon would be his final destination to do that. Like Kirby to Georgia and Mike to Maryland, home is where the heart is.
"Mario want to win" So what you're telling me is Mario is the only coach that want to win? Or is it that he wants to win more than other coaches who's careers depend on winning?

You go right back to cultural and Cane. Not sure how much of our team is Cuban, but I doubt the players care. Howard was not a Cane, Jimmy was not a Cane, Butch was not a Cane, even Dennis since he won two ships here was not a Cane, so why do we feel we need a coaching stump? I am sure they did not know the Miami culture, but they knew how to motive, coach, identify talent and recruit though. Think Saban understands the culture of Miami? How about Dabo, or Meyer when he was coaching? Kirby understands Miami, or South Florida? No, but their bags do.

Leave Mario where he is. He made his choices and moved on, Miami needs to do the same.

Advertisement
Manny needs to find a G5 HC spot for Baker and a DC one for Patke
He needs to find one for himself. Love how people think all our coordinators and coaches will be off to better jobs when this is the pinnacle of their career for 99% of them

Advertisement
Oregon isn't even playing Football this year & we still have a "bRiNg bAcK cRiStObAl!" Brigade lol.

1) No.
2) He's not interested.
3) Let's let this season play out before we start already throwing in the towel on the HC, there's things that Diaz does that I don't like but as of right now he's done nearly everything he could to try to salvage & recover from last year's embarrassment & unless we just lose a bunch of games this year there's no reason to call for his head until it's proven he can't get the job done. Wait until November/December before yall grab the pitchforks.
4) Idk if you're paying attention but due to Covid everything economically is down, especially in college athletics, Miami doesn't have the money to buyout Diaz & spend a whole bunch to take a P5 coach from another program, unless Diaz goes 1-10 this year, he's not getting fired anytime soon.

At the end of the day the jury is still out on Diaz, but he still deserves time & to see how this season goes before the fans start up the Cristobal train again.

If Diaz doesn't work out, bring me Josh Heupel or Billy Napier & keep Rhett Lashlee.

No more local former Canes, they all failed here. If the Diaz experiment goes bad then the next HC needs to be a coach with an offensive background & is an outsider like Jimmy Johnson was.

I believe he would be interested if he thought we would pay up and provide the boo$ter a$$i$tance he has now grown accustomed to....and we all know we won't...so move on is right. The only way we see Cristobal again is after he gets ****canned from a program willing to spend the money for him and recruits.

Ok Bud??...What are you 10yrs old??..and who tf are you anyway??....Mario ain't coming...has ZERO interest...Wife is through with Miami...Know the facts, or run along....
CIO that's not so... I was under the same impression but a friend of Mario who is a CIS poster (you know him) says otherwise... says he definitely would come here... go figure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back