Cristobal on Josh Pate Late Kick show right now

Advertisement
Wow. Mario is an alpha. I realize I’m not breaking news here, but it’s just a sight to behold.

I said in another post that Pate is a tool. While I stand by that 100%, he does do a great job as a journalist/interviewer.

He asks a question, let’s (Mario) respond, then moves on to the next scripted question. It doesn’t matter what the response/answer was; he let’s you answer the question.

He was good in the same role on NSD, as well. I’ll give him props for that.

What about Mario describing the interview process that he puts potential assistants through on an interview?

Okay….loved that interview,,,,

How about Frank Beamer for ST? Drove us crazy for years. Kidding….

Would love Corey Raymond, he’s a great one, and the Gator Tears would flood for 40 days and 40 nights.

And what is the ‘best of the best’ Cuban coffee they’re talking about? Need some!

Wow. Mario is an alpha. I realize I’m not breaking news here, but it’s just a sight to behold.

I said in another post that Pate is a tool. While I stand by that 100%, he does do a great job as a journalist/interviewer.

He asks a question, let’s (Mario) respond, then moves on to the next scripted question. It doesn’t matter what the response/answer was; he let’s you answer the question.

He was good in the same role on NSD, as well. I’ll give him props for that.
I wouldn't call his interviewing technique great - he literally calls it in that Cristobal interview, he throws them softballs.

Still, it grants him excellent access to elite coaches (think he had Fisher and Saban on NSD) because they know they're never going to get ambushed on his show.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If only it was true. Our problem is going to be coach retention. The Confederate Conference will recruit our coaches with as much vigor as they do SOFL recruits.
The good news is when it happens Mario will replace him with someone as good or better. That's what great Head Coaches do.

Balanced 50-50 attack? The OL and and our backs would need to show a lot more to make that work.

50/50 run pass is ideal for mostly every coach.

I believe in the long run this is what we should aim for but not next year. I think next year we will have the most success putting the ball in TVDs hands. He is a legit prospect with elite NFL tools. Sling it like Joe Burrow did.

Beside the fact that TVD is a potential 1st rounder. Our line is way better at pass pro than run blocking. I say let TVD let it rip regardless of who the OC is and what is ideal.
The biggest thing I want to see out of our OC is the ability to adapt to our players. Sure, recruit the kids who can run what you prefer, but always be adapting what you actually do on the field to the players you actually have at that moment.

Advertisement
There were rumors that UF was looking at Karl Scott before they hired Raymond. I wonder does Mario go after him. Imagine if we were to snag him to be DB coach and Sherrone Moore to be Co-OC/TE coach LOL
And here we go ... with the name dropping ...

Advertisement
Didn't hear "Trust the process" in the interview.

Aroused The Office GIF

He makes pretty good arguments based in reason rather than feelings. Although I disagreed with his take about us getting Mario his logic made sense. Props to owning his mistake and doubling down on it by posting a video too.
between this and being 35 and looking 35, he may be on to something… (can’t be trusted, likely wizardry/magic)

Advertisement
Back