Cristobal named 2015 Scout's National Recruiter of the Year

Anyone here that'd settle for Fat Luigi running the show fully deserves the additional decade of mediocrity that'd ensue. Pathetic mindset and basically being just as gullible as we were about the Golden hire because the guy "knows Miami". Don't give me the "he's studying under the master" nonsense too. Go ask Tennessee fans about how Derek Dooley worked out.

This is a sham award too. Please. How about a Mich St that pulled 3 kids from Texas this year even after Narduzzi's departure? How about the darker skinned Al Golden at PSU pulling a 14th rated class even with "the cloud"? Fat Luigi didn't do a job that 50 other guys could have done now.
This man speaks the truth.

Advertisement
i truly hate the.." he is under saban" crap...it was the excuse given when that jhack ran d*ck ridin to bama.....

Saban coaches DEFENSE...he micro manages that....he barely does anything with the o.....

cristobal unit has sucked...even with them hauling in 5 star after 5 star at ol..

Dude should give his pay check to T.Y. Hilton.

He did good with fiu..when they out recruited their whole conference by far....and he still had to scratch and survive to do that...

Dont want him here as no hc

i truly hate the.." he is under saban" crap...it was the excuse given when that jhack ran d*ck ridin to bama.....

Saban coaches DEFENSE...he micro manages that....he barely does anything with the o.....

cristobal unit has sucked...even with them hauling in 5 star after 5 star at ol..

Dude should give his pay check to T.Y. Hilton.

He did good with fiu..when they out recruited their whole conference by far....and he still had to scratch and survive to do that...

Dont want him here as no hc

Cristobal is good at what he does. He's not a HC material. He's an assistant coach that can recruit and that's all. He has an eye for talent but unless they are just gifted players like TY and Cyprien for the jags he doesn't know how to utilize the players.

I never bought the "he burned his bridges here" stuff. Mario is not stupid. He's always been a very slick operator. I feel pretty confident that Mario bolted to Bama but smoothed it out well before he did. UM gave him a phony position just because of his local ties and recruiting ability. The Bama position was a real coaching position, and making a half million dollars a year. Probably substantially more than UM was going to pay him in that made up administrative role they gave him.

He's not stupid. And after Golden is gone, Donna S will be gone, and Blake James could very well be also. So who would even really be left to hold a grudge against Mario for taking a better gig, even IF it had rubbed some people the wrong way.

I just don't think the damage is as bad as most suspect, and seeing how he has operated over the years, Im of the belief that he probably smoothed things over and left under decent terms.

FWIW.....Mario did get a poor FIU program to 2 bowl games and won 1. He's not my first choice but I would give him my full support if he got the job. It's gonna be hard to find the perfect candidate (one that ALL Miami fans agree on). Names like Butch, Schiano, Chud, Mario, and Stoops get thrown out there all the time. They all have positives and negatives. At the end of the day, we just have to hope that the administration gets it right..............................or just gets lucky. I'll take either one...
Mark Hudspeth. The man makes significantly less than golden is undefeated in bowl games and is a solid coach.
Butch Davis - Unemployed and wants the job and will come cheap
Scott Frost

Those are 3 names I think everyone would be excited about and there are more. We just need a president that will hire a real AD that knows what he's doing.

I like all 3 of those names and I'm anxious to see what Chad Morris does at SMU. Maybe they will be in play after this season..

Advertisement
Back