Cristobal made a mistake

First of all let me say this i support Mario 100%. Also this '22 class was made the way it is by bum Manny Diaz. No doubt about it. But also 2 things can be true. And in my opinion Mario made a big mistake twiddling his thumb in hiring and announcing a DC.

Yes most kids came for the program and trust the HC. But Shemar situation was different and ill explain why. He got sensitive about who the DC was, and he said he would not sign with Miami if we didn't have a DC. Said it to Manny Navarro. Why did he have this mentality? Message boards, recruiting scouts and people on social media always mention he gonna grow into a DT and he even tweeted that he was a DE. Mario Cristobal had enough time from last signing day to hire Kevin Steele or whomever else. Steele was not in the NFL, matter of fact he was unemployed. If he was our DC when we visited Shemar or when he came on his OV and you have your future DC break down scheme and role for him that may have been enough to sway him.

Mario made a mistake here and this one stings. Top talented DL are very rare and when we miss them at home it hurts more.

In any case its onward and upward for '23 and im confident this wont happen again.
Shemar?

Advertisement
First of all let me say this i support Mario 100%. Also this '22 class was made the way it is by bum Manny Diaz. No doubt about it. But also 2 things can be true. And in my opinion Mario made a big mistake twiddling his thumb in hiring and announcing a DC.

Yes most kids came for the program and trust the HC. But Shemar situation was different and ill explain why. He got sensitive about who the DC was, and he said he would not sign with Miami if we didn't have a DC. Said it to Manny Navarro. Why did he have this mentality? Message boards, recruiting scouts and people on social media always mention he gonna grow into a DT and he even tweeted that he was a DE. Mario Cristobal had enough time from last signing day to hire Kevin Steele or whomever else. Steele was not in the NFL, matter of fact he was unemployed. If he was our DC when we visited Shemar or when he came on his OV and you have your future DC break down scheme and role for him that may have been enough to sway him.

Mario made a mistake here and this one stings. Top talented DL are very rare and when we miss them at home it hurts more.

In any case its onward and upward for '23 and im confident this wont happen again

In any case its onward and upward for '23 and im confident this wont happen again.
People need to get over it. Cristobal has worked wonders in the short time he’s been here. Without him we wouldn’t have Bissainthe, Kelly, Moss or Skinner. Not a chance in h*** Manny gets any of those guys or a talented RB out of Louisiana. We got a DC with a solid coaching background. Let’s win on the field this year and we will have a Top5 class in 2023.

Miami Flo said its not about money. But about guaranteed playing time. I aint saying dude is a god or nothing but he knows some ****. Carrying on saying we got outbid though.
That clown don't know ****. AM just landed about 8 or 9 Five-star DT over the last two years. Who do we have at MIami? How many quality DTs do we have at Miami? Clearly playing time is NOT the issue. I listen to one of his youtube shows and it was 45 minutes of pure bull ****. If that is your source then you are this board's # 1 MOPE.

Shemar was NEVER coming here, and anyone who believes that is a fool. If we would have offered him a mil, A&M would have offered him two mil, and so on and so on. There's no way they were going to let him get away.

I hope I’m really wrong because I want all these kids to succeed. I’ve seen this kid play since he’s 12 years old. I’m very skeptical on how good he’s going to be in the next level. Great body, but I think he lacks the mindset and grit to be a badass.

Advertisement

The days of us having to rely on South Florida exclusively for recruiting any position are over. Mario is a national recruiter just like he said in the press conference. Its not like we didn't have a good d-line class. Wait til next year when mario has a full year

Miami Flo said its not about money. But about guaranteed playing time. I aint saying dude is a god or nothing but he knows some ****. Carrying on saying we got outbid though.
Guaranteed playing time?? WTF? He probably should have not said anything then. Anyone who takes 1 peek at our edge room and sees how Diaz left it…well. I’ll just stop right there.

Advertisement
Durkin is known for 3-3-5 and 3-4 so that's bull that him and Fat Moe was saying. It's the kids decision you good luck to him. But South Florida got to start leaning on these handlers when they do this and make things uncomfortable for them
From what I've heard Coach Moe's school doesn't produce many P5 prospects so hopefully he's never on our radar again.

Mario went from the 71st class to the 15th in two months. It’s a fuc*ing miracle what he pulled off. Top 5-10 classes are the minimum moving forward.

I stopped listening to that guy a while ago.

He clearly talks to some players in the Hecht and has a contact or two, but by and large he's around the Mendoza line with his predictions this offseason.

Advertisement
I stopped listening to that guy a while ago.

He clearly talks to some players in the Hecht and has a contact or two, but by and large he's around the Mendoza line with his predictions this offseason.
What/Why/How the **** does a supposed Brit know about the Mendoza line?

Advertisement
Crosby, Scutaro, Kotsay, Ellis, Swisher era - so early to late 2000s.
Gotcha. Still a little curious how a Brit 1) becomes a baseball fan (enough to correctly reference the Mendoza line) and 2) watched west coast games in 2008.

Advertisement
Back