Cristobal made a mistake

I really hope shemar made his decision based purely off the a&m money. Otherwise he is an idiot for believing his position and their scheme is what was best for him. No one believes his post about picking miami if money was what his decision was based off, not when a&m is so overtly buying their class

Advertisement
Then why weren't you saying that before signing day so everyone could move on instead of making a 1k page thread
1. I don't think I ever said anything one way or the other about where Stewart was going or leaning. Yes, I heard some third hand rumors here and there, but I never took a stance one way or the other. Because until they sign, you never know for certain.
2. Absent a time machine or crystal ball, I couldn't have told you that you were (quite clearly) out of your depth or to pay closer attention (at least not until you actually porsted).
3. Several people did say the DC talk out of his camp was just cover when it first came out. In this forum. In that same thread you're whining about.

So, again, the DC hire has nothing to do with this miss. You're being fooled by an act concocted by a two-bit street hustler inartfully executed by a high school kid and digging in your heels instead of listening. Get out of your feelings and open up your eyes.

Advertisement
Let’s assume Shemar was really concerned about the DC. Whoever he signed with today he can’t enroll in that school until summer time anyways. If that’s the case, he could’ve “committed” today and had his little ceremony to get the pub then spent the next month face timing with Steele to build that relationship.

Then in March when the dead period ends, he could’ve done the short drive down to Gables and met him in person. Multiple times if he liked before making a final decision and actually signing his LOI with the DC/School of his choice. Yet he signed today because it was never about us hiring a DC “too late”.

Let’s assume Shemar was really concerned about the DC. Whoever he signed with today he can’t enroll in that school until summer time anyways. If that’s the case, he could’ve “committed” today and had his little ceremony to get the pub then spent the next month face timing with Steele to build that relationship.

Then in March when the dead period ends, he could’ve done the short drive down to Gables and met him in person. Multiple times if he liked before making a final decision and actually signing his LOI with the DC/School of his choice. Yet he signed today because it was never about us hiring a DC “too late”.
Not to mention his DC at A&M has only been there for a month. How much of a "relationship" could there really be?

He had to justify the bag the NIL promises, and underhand deals to fam and handlers. The excuse of not having a coach is just thrown out there to cover his butt on his choice, and the tweet with the pic confirms this...

No Shemar I ain't with you......
Pack for Texas but don't come knocking at the portal door either asking our U for a peep in 2 years.......
We are not going to be there for you either....
Enjoy Jimbo's stone faced **** and good luck...

First of all let me say this i support Mario 100%. Also this '22 class was made the way it is by bum Manny Diaz. No doubt about it. But also 2 things can be true. And in my opinion Mario made a big mistake twiddling his thumb in hiring and announcing a DC.

Yes most kids came for the program and trust the HC. But Shemar situation was different and ill explain why. He got sensitive about who the DC was, and he said he would not sign with Miami if we didn't have a DC. Said it to Manny Navarro. Why did he have this mentality? Message boards, recruiting scouts and people on social media always mention he gonna grow into a DT and he even tweeted that he was a DE. Mario Cristobal had enough time from last signing day to hire Kevin Steele or whomever else. Steele was not in the NFL, matter of fact he was unemployed. If he was our DC when we visited Shemar or when he came on his OV and you have your future DC break down scheme and role for him that may have been enough to sway him.

Mario made a mistake here and this one stings. Top talented DL are very rare and when we miss them at home it hurts more.

In any case its onward and upward for '23 and im confident this wont happen again.
Say what you want. Shemar and the rest of the A&M class was purely bought! It is sad to see this happen to college sports but will be the norm I am afraid, until there are regulations to the NIL. The boosters at A&M want a Natty so bad, and think they are there with the likes of Bama, LSU, GA, etc. I hope they fail epically in this quest. Have never been a fan of Jimbo but he can recruit and with oil money, now this is what you get. Unfortunate, but the new norm in college sports. Will be interesting how many of these guys stay there in the end.

Advertisement
ATM is going to be considered a failure unless they win a Natty. Transfer QB and all. ATM loses 2-3 games this year and the portal will be full of ATM(Yes I know what that means and that's why they are A** to Mou**)

First of all let me say this i support Mario 100%. Also this '22 class was made the way it is by bum Manny Diaz. No doubt about it. But also 2 things can be true. And in my opinion Mario made a big mistake twiddling his thumb in hiring and announcing a DC.

Yes most kids came for the program and trust the HC. But Shemar situation was different and ill explain why. He got sensitive about who the DC was, and he said he would not sign with Miami if we didn't have a DC. Said it to Manny Navarro. Why did he have this mentality? Message boards, recruiting scouts and people on social media always mention he gonna grow into a DT and he even tweeted that he was a DE. Mario Cristobal had enough time from last signing day to hire Kevin Steele or whomever else. Steele was not in the NFL, matter of fact he was unemployed. If he was our DC when we visited Shemar or when he came on his OV and you have your future DC break down scheme and role for him that may have been enough to sway him.

Mario made a mistake here and this one stings. Top talented DL are very rare and when we miss them at home it hurts more.

In any case its onward and upward for '23 and im confident this wont happen again.
What makes you believe a word Stewart said?

Advertisement
Mario was the first guy to make SS consider Miami. Criticizing Mario after he salvaged a 64th ranked disaster seems inappropriate. Let’s see if he makes another “mistake” 1 year from today.

False, I’ve been tough on cmc for the hiring process. But he was up front with SS that we would be a 4 man front and he would play end which was the requirement even watched film on 2 great lineman coached under Steele at AU. He turned down better money / PT/ and hometown love for jumbo who wants to put him at DT they also lost Elmo so no excuse there. He trolled his hometown and seemed sour with the reaction he received which was positive for the most part. There was no way to get him kid made his mind up a while ago and you can’t convince me otherwise. CMC did a **** good job trying

Mope

Advertisement

I think you just set a record for that new drool emoji.

4E358FF9-32ED-41C0-AE1C-CB2325CD2542.jpeg

Long live the drool king.

Advertisement
Back