Cristobal / Kelly

Advertisement
Mario the Gawwwd just Coaching knows what it takes to develop the right mentality needed for this team to get back to the top.

These kids have been getting hammered since before spring ball. Like I keep saying, at some point you need to build them up too.

E8658795-E471-44B2-A331-803075B76F83.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was doing his job as a coach. This isn't the Girl Scouts. Sometimes voices have to be raised.

You're the one that said the job was complete by game ten. Different ways of coaching can be used as well. Take that true FR, let him know that's not acceptable and there will be consequences at practice for it. Then follow through on it.

No, the play of the team reflects the past pride-less, lets-just-have-fun, no discipline nonsense that needs to be removed by discipline or replacing players.

Yep. No way it doesn't reflect anything else whatsoever. Gotcha.

This is the kind of crap that I part ways w/ Mario. Yes, Kelly made a boneheaded play that ended up costing us a (meaningless) TD. Why not pull him aside and coach him up one-on-one instead? Or rip him a new one in the film room or at practice? Make him run till he pukes? The relentless browbeating of the players is ridiculous. At some point you have to build them up too.
It's snowing snowflakes

Advertisement
You're the one that said the job was complete by game ten. Different ways of coaching can be used as well. Take that true FR, let him know that's not acceptable and there will be consequences at practice for it. Then follow through on it.

Uh, no I didn't. Don't make assumptions. Only respond to the words I write. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Wrong assumption. I played in the era were coaches grabbed you by the facemask and shook your helmet till it almost came off your head. Also, took a good kick to the **** by our HC when I messed up a play. Know what? That era isn't now. To me, you need to also get your players to buy into you and not just your discipline.
But if you are "discipline" .........we'll.......

This is the kind of crap that I part ways w/ Mario. Yes, Kelly made a boneheaded play that ended up costing us a (meaningless) TD. Why not pull him aside and coach him up one-on-one instead? Or rip him a new one in the film room or at practice? Make him run till he pukes? The relentless browbeating of the players is ridiculous. At some point you have to build them up too.
You coach it when it happens and not days later because it has a more lasting effect for the player. The man is coaching a football game he doesn’t have the time to pull the kid to the side and say “hey bud, I know you’re playing really hard but we can’t have those kind of mistakes at this point game okay. Go have some Gatorade and keep your head up”.

Advertisement
Back