Cristobal / Kelly

This is the kind of crap that I part ways w/ Mario. Yes, Kelly made a boneheaded play that ended up costing us a (meaningless) TD. Why not pull him aside and coach him up one-on-one instead? Or rip him a new one in the film room or at practice? Make him run till he pukes? The relentless browbeating of the players is ridiculous. At some point you have to build them up too.
Saying "why dude?" or "it's on you!"? That's brow-beating? Good thing you were never had one of my coaches. Let me guess, under 40?

Advertisement
Relentless browbeating? Look I’m not pleased with everything this season, far from it. But we’ve been asking for big boy ball, no? No more soft, ice cream party, player coddling, etc….right?

He called his *** out. So what? That’s too much for you? He didn’t shove the kid and send him to the locker room. He didn’t berate him or make some huge scene; it was a moment, and coach took advantage. He wanted him to feel it, and he should. It’s a lesson. I’d like to think the kid can handle it, he’ll be fine.

And I’d be willing to bet Kelly and Cristobal are good.

Did I say coddle them? Your word not mine. Or did you mean to overlook the part of ripping him in the film room, practice, or run him till he pukes?

Takes a lot to scream at your player across the sideline. What about coaching him up? Which is what I also said.

Did I say coddle them? Your word not mine. Or did you mean to overlook the part of ripping him in the film room, practice, or run him till he pukes?

Takes a lot to scream at your player across the sideline. What about coaching him up? Which is what I also said.

Because patting them on the rear end and telling them what they should do differently next time is how you lose 5 games a year for 20 years.

This is the kind of crap that I part ways w/ Mario. Yes, Kelly made a boneheaded play that ended up costing us a (meaningless) TD. Why not pull him aside and coach him up one-on-one instead? Or rip him a new one in the film room or at practice? Make him run till he pukes? The relentless browbeating of the players is ridiculous. At some point you have to build them up too.
You aren’t in the building. You don’t know what’s being done lol

Advertisement
Saying "why dude?" or "it's on you!"? That's brow-beating? Good thing you were never had one of my coaches. Let me guess, under 40?

Wrong assumption. I played in the era were coaches grabbed you by the facemask and shook your helmet till it almost came off your head. Also, took a good kick to the **** by our HC when I messed up a play. Know what? That era isn't now. To me, you need to also get your players to buy into you and not just your discipline.

Valid point but how do we not know they aren't getting built up? Just because we don't see it doesn't mean their good plays aren't being acknowledged.

Advertisement
Kobe Bryant GIF

Except you claimed "relentless browbeating", which is baseless and silly. What Mario did is called coaching and making sure a player understands the consequences his actions have on the whole team.

new girl drinking GIF

Advertisement
Relentless browbeating? Look I’m not pleased with everything this season, far from it. But we’ve been asking for big boy ball, no? No more soft, ice cream party, player coddling, etc….right?

He called his *** out. So what? That’s too much for you? He didn’t shove the kid and send him to the locker room. He didn’t berate him or make some huge scene; it was a moment, and coach took advantage. He wanted him to feel it, and he should. It’s a lesson. I’d like to think the kid can handle it, he’ll be fine.

And I’d be willing to bet Kelly and Cristobal are good.

He did it game one…we all got excited.

Didn’t pay off yet…

I don’t hate it. I don’t love it. Just saying

Advertisement
Except you claimed "relentless browbeating", which is baseless and silly. What Mario did is called coaching and making sure a player understands the consequences his actions have on the whole team.

These kids have been getting hammered since before spring ball. Like I keep saying, at some point you need to build them up too.

Team is still undisciplined. I mean one game that’s fine. Is on the players. But once u are doing it over and over again, that’s on coaching now! Clearly this staff has not put these kids in a better position to succeed all year. 8 games and they have gotten better, besides today.
We are dealing with 18 years of being undisciplined. Do you think that will change in 8 games? Really? And by your definition, it did lol, besides today lmao.

Advertisement
Back