Cristobal hired as TE coach; Carroll now WR Coach

View as article
Advertisement
Now, if we can just Ray Lewis to accept an adjunct assistant coaching position. Oh my

This brings me to my point. Once the UM legends start retiring a lot are going to want to be position coachesat the U. Ie Ray Lewis, Ed Reed. Which HS talent wouldn't want to play for those guys

RE: Old School 'Canes...

Some of them are better off working elsewhere, not necessarily coaching at the U...some of them at high schools both locally and in-state...some of them on TV...some of them in other realms...

Guys like Michael Irvin and Ray Lewis on television or just being guys around the program, do so much to promote the U, free of charge, on a national stage, why would you want them restricted by the NCAA's rules and that of being on the staff.

Coming to the U, these kids know they have these guys at their disposal any time they want to reach out...they don't all need to be on the staff.

I'll say this about Al Golden - he doesn't just hire "yes men." We have a lot of coaches on our staff now who could be head coaches in their own right. I like.

Advertisement
I'll say this about Al Golden - he doesn't just hire "yes men." We have a lot of coaches on our staff now who could be head coaches in their own right. I like.

Al Golden is not afraid to have his peers work with him.

D'Onofrio gets a lot of heat around here, and justifiably so after last season, but he could be a head coach at Temple...he's turned the job down twice. Cristobal is head coach material. Kehoe is a position coach, but he's been around the block for a long time. Barrow can be an intimidating guy.

View attachment 21385

i need this gif with golden's face right now

half way there ..... on the Al "Golden" deal with it

Al Golden.jpg

Advertisement
I still think that the timeline is more that Fisch will be at Miami for another year or two, then probably move on to the NFL as an OC. Cristobal would then move to OC. No matter what happens, Golden just hired a recruiting clone of himself.

Now go get Coley.

He can't call him. It's 'Dead Time."

Nope. Ended last night.

1. December 16, 2012—Quiet Period.
December 17, 2012 through January 3, 2013 — Dead Period (click here to see JUCO and Mid-Year prospect exceptions lis).
January 6, 2013 — Quiet Period.
January 9 through January 12, 2013 — Dead Period (click here to see JUCO and Mid-Year prospect exceptions listed on NCAA PDF).

February 3, 2013—Quiet Period.
February 4 through February 7, 2013— Dead Period.
Feburary 6 National Letter of Intent Signing Day for the Class of 2013 (runs through April 1, 2013).

With the season ending loss for Uif and the coaching departures at FSU, this hiring looks really good IMO. Miami is showing itself to finally be on solid ground again, losing a solid position and filling it with a guy like Cristobal is a win.

Advertisement
Losing McDonald was a bit of set back. Leave it to AG to turn a minor set back into a huge advantage. How genius is that?

It shouldn't be a surprise. NCAA or no NCAA, Golden is in a much better position today than when he put together his original staff. He was the coach of Temple, and we had a serious, serious talent problem. Joining him at UM is more attractive than it was a few years ago when he first arrived.

Al Golden is not afraid to have his peers work with him.

D'Onofrio gets a lot of heat around here, and justifiably so after last season, but he could be a head coach at Temple...he's turned the job down twice. Cristobal is head coach material. Kehoe is a position coach, but he's been around the block for a long time. Barrow can be an intimidating guy.

I was saying to someone today that 5 years from now we may look back on this staff and see that there were 5 Head Coaches or so.

Advertisement
Love the hire. Smart smart hire. Think about this - FIU fires an up and coming coach in Mario and hires Ron Turner. Is this really life? We lose a really good up and coming coach in McDonald and replace him with Cristobal. Just really impressed overall with the way Coach Golden is running the program. I imagine Mario feels the same way and that's a really good sign.

Just got in from work.

AWESOME!

Ruthless hire.

This is a phenomenal pull of a recruiter even if he won't be here long.

Advertisement
Back