Cristobal and Temple?

Salt

"Assigned species at birth"
Interesting little blurb. Never knew he wanted to interview back in 2012 after Golden left. Apparently did not know where Temple was when he called from the airport. Hope he finds his way to the stadium Saturday. LOL

Probably think he might have a little incentive to rub their noses in it on Saturday?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe he should have known where Temple was if he was really interested in the job but that was kind of harsh to leave holding his bag at the airport. Ouch

He should've gotten on the plane himself. You have to know you aren't a serious contender for the job if they can't even send a car. That or it speaks to their level of incompetence in not knowing to do so.

Maybe he should have known where Temple was if he was really interested in the job but that was kind of harsh to leave holding his bag at the airport. Ouch

He was in an airport of a city he doesn't know and asked for directions to give the cab driver so that he wouldn't end up in the wrong building. If you think that's a negative on Coach, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Advertisement
He was in an airport of a city he doesn't know and asked for directions to give the cab driver so that he wouldn't end up in the wrong building. If you think that's a negative on Coach, I'm not sure what to tell you.
yeah but the article makes it seem like he had no idea where it was because they then talk about Rhule not needing directions AND the fact the AD was somehow taken aback by the comment and it made him pause lol I dont believe for a second that as neurotic as Mario is he would fly across the **** country from FIU at the time for an interview, land and be completely lost. It was also 2012, not 1912, pretty sure Mario knows how to google maps "Temple" so I agree it makes sense he was asking for directions to a particular building or where do I go once i get on campus but that seems normal and not a reason to make an AD pause, talk to his assistant AD, call him back and instead of telling him directions just telling him to get back on the plane. Seems insanely unprofessional and like pieces are missing.

Temple almost hired current Miami head coach Mario Cristobal, who was considered the front-runner for the job in 2012 until he called then athletic director Bill Bradshaw from the Philadelphia International Airport asking “directions to Temple” for his interview. That call caused Bradshaw to pause and take the advice of then assistant AD Al Shrier who said, “Bill, listen to me. Hire Matt Rhule.” Bradshaw listened and told Cristobal to get back on the plane. Rhule didn’t need directions to Temple and produced consecutive 10-win seasons for the Owls, including Temple hosting ESPN’s College Game Day on Halloween of 2015.

If the Owls beat Miami on Saturday, it will be the most significant thing they’ve done since that day.

That story is either complete bulls*** or they're about to get curb stomped by Mario.

Advertisement
yeah but the article makes it seem like he had no idea where it was because they then talk about Rhule not needing directions AND the fact the AD was somehow taken aback by the comment and it made him pause lol I dont believe for a second that as neurotic as Mario is he would fly across the **** country from FIU at the time for an interview, land and be completely lost. It was also 2012, not 1912, pretty sure Mario knows how to google maps "Temple" so I agree it makes sense he was asking for directions to a particular building or where do I go once i get on campus but that seems normal and not a reason to make an AD pause, talk to his assistant AD, call him back and instead of telling him directions just telling him to get back on the plane. Seems insanely unprofessional and like pieces are missing.
If Rhule needed directions after being an assistant under Golden, he'd have a real problem. I find it hard to believe they would have Mario fly all the way up there and tell him to get back on the plane when he asks for directions? The only thing I can think of Mario was extremely late or some other extenuating circumstance.

If Rhule needed directions after being an assistant under Golden, he'd have a real problem. I find it hard to believe they would have Mario fly all the way up there and tell him to get back on the plane when he asks for directions? The only thing I can think of Mario was extremely late or some other extenuating circumstance.
Yeah has to be more. If he was super late then I think it would have said that. I was thinking it could have been they had already interviewed Rhule, **** maybe even offered him and he was thinking on it, and Mario appeared in the interim and they either decided to hire Rhule quick for fear he was going elsewhere, or Rhule simple accepted and they didnt need an interview with Mario.

Advertisement
They call Joquez Smith Florida's top high school back multiple times if you want a sense of how much this writer cares about accuracy

They call Joquez Smith Florida's top high school back multiple times if you want a sense of how much this writer cares about accuracy
Story smells like BS the more I think about it.

Lol the writer is being extremely over dramatic in an attempt to produce an article worth reading.

I hope someone asks Mario about this so he can use it as bulletin board material for the team.

This is some disrespectful bullsh*t that should give the team a reason not to overlook the week at hand.

Advertisement
Back