Off-Topic Crime 2.0

Advertisement
Just stating the facts bro

Please refute any of the details in this post on the money he poured into getting far-left looney DAs and prosecutors appointed.

I'll wait

yeah, and? Koch brothers have been funding right leaning politicians for decades.

A rich citizen is donating political contributions to people/causes with similar ideologies as his. News at 11!!

Welcome to politics! lol

NYC under Giuliani is the first one that comes to mind... whether it was all Giuliani or not (most likely Bratton helped a lot) that helped clean up NYC's crime problem, that's debatable.

I know Miami is probably the only big city with a R mayor, right? I'm not exactly sure how the crime has been overall... but this is good news...

My understanding is that Miami has a "Weak Mayor" type city government. Mayors are more ceremonial/figureheads. Do I have that right Miami residents?

Advertisement
I think Miami is debatable. Suarez is an empty suit and joke. regalado was good but people will tell you that mayor of miami is meaningless - the county is where it’s at.

NYC did a great job in the 90s of cleaning up their city. DC and Philly followed suit in the 00s and beyond - completely transformed those cities.
Things have really flipped 180 degrees when Miami might be an example of one of the safer cities. No more Tony Montana's? Cocaine cowboys?

yeah, and? Koch brothers have been funding right leaning politicians for decades.

A rich citizen is donating political contributions to people/causes with similar ideologies as his. News at 11!!

Welcome to politics! lol
Which politicians did the Koch bros put in that turned the judicial system into pro criminal racket that is now politicized?

I’m sure they funded some douche bags… but they haven’t touched Soros level destruction with a ten foot pole

Things have really flipped 180 degrees when Miami might be an example of one of the safer cities. No more Tony Montana's? Cocaine cowboys?
Miami has a Republican mayor (maybe the biggest city with a R mayor) and it’s crime stats have trended downward

All other cities violent crime rates are skyrocketing

U can tell me your opinion all u want, but back it up with some data if the stats I posted are wrong

Advertisement
Which politicians did the Koch bros put in that turned the judicial system into pro criminal racket that is now politicized?

I’m sure they funded some douche bags… but they haven’t touched Soros level destruction with a ten foot pole

you're really putting Soros in a different category as Koch brothers, who have spent 100s of millions on advancing legislation whose chief aim was to disclose political donors? To me, they are two sides of the same coin - both advancing their own agenda either via legislation, PACs, legislators, etc. It's all the same ball game - we're just pawns in the game.

you're really putting Soros in a different category as Koch brothers, who have spent 100s of millions on advancing legislation whose chief aim was to disclose political donors? To me, they are two sides of the same coin - both advancing their own agenda either via legislation, PACs, legislators, etc. It's all the same ball game - we're just pawns in the game.
but what’s the agenda in total far left control of cities to make them less safe? And what it also does is make the court system more political

What’s the end game?

but what’s the agenda in total far left control of cities to make them less safe? And what it also does is make the court system more political

What’s the end game?

You mean like Dc, nyc, Philly, etc that are safer these days than 20-30 years ago (crime rate decreasing). Or San Fran which has experienced a crime decrease over the past 10 years? Or LA that experienced a sharp decline in a 15 year period in the early 00s? All under left leaning leadership. Take your pick.

Stats can be found here:

As for the courts being political point, kind of like the Supreme Court?

Advertisement
You mean like Dc, nyc, Philly, etc that are safer these days than 20-30 years ago (crime rate decreasing). Or San Fran which has experienced a crime decrease over the past 10 years? Or LA that experienced a sharp decline in a 15 year period in the early 00s? All under left leaning leadership. Take your pick.

Stats can be found here:

As for the courts being political point, kind of like the Supreme Court?
I agree that cities aren’t as bad as the 70-80s. But we are on a path to those levels of crime. I hope things change… bad how bad does it have to get? I guess for now… it’s just not bad enough

And for the Supreme Court… for most of my life R presidents have picked SC nominees that have been the least partisan judges. The SC is becoming political now because the Dems have made it political. Dems have called for packing the court and have had speeches that some say have been provoking violence

So sure it’s becoming more political… but because that’s the liberal media narrative

I mean… look at these groups trying to dig up whatever they can on Clarence Thomas.

I agree that cities aren’t as bad as the 70-80s. But we are on a path to those levels of crime. I hope things change… bad how bad does it have to get? I guess for now… it’s just not bad enough

And for the Supreme Court… for most of my life R presidents have picked SC nominees that have been the least partisan judges. The SC is becoming political now because the Dems have made it political. Dems have called for packing the court and have had speeches that some say have been provoking violence

So sure it’s becoming more political… but because that’s the liberal media narrative

I mean… look at these groups trying to dig up whatever they can on Clarence Thomas.

I challenge the notion that things are getting bad in cities relative to a clear downward trend by year. We've never been safer as a society and the trends that I posted support that notion that we have gotten safer in virtually every major city out there. I found those via the FBI database of crime metrics:

Now, if you want to start parsing out very nuanced metrics, have at it and we can back and forth.

As for the SC, do you really believe CT is innocent and not pandering to heavy hitting R donors? Which, I'm sure left leaning justices have before but to the degree that CT has? It's not that the media is digging up just for the sake of digging up - there's clearly something there that needs to be exposed.

It's convenient to blame the liberal narrative, which was propelled by the conservative narrative. :)

I challenge the notion that things are getting bad in cities relative to a clear downward trend by year. We've never been safer as a society and the trends that I posted support that notion that we have gotten safer in virtually every major city out there. I found those via the FBI database of crime metrics:

Now, if you want to start parsing out very nuanced metrics, have at it and we can back and forth.

As for the SC, do you really believe CT is innocent and not pandering to heavy hitting R donors? Which, I'm sure left leaning justices have before but to the degree that CT has? It's not that the media is digging up just for the sake of digging up - there's clearly something there that needs to be exposed.

It's convenient to blame the liberal narrative, which was propelled by the conservative narrative. :)
Sorry… u just posted FBI stats to prove society is getting safer?!?

The same FBI that is targeting conservatives as domestic terrorists and has quotas to get domestic terrorists (which they diverted child trafficking and other cases to work J6 cases) to get bonuses?!?

The FBI also has stats that say that “white supremacy” is on the rise! 😂 they do so by adding things that are on bumper stickers on cars… like the Gadsden and Betsy Ross flag!

😂

Tell the two liberal activists that just got killed recently that society is getting better

Onto the SC…

I guess u believe that CT is bad cause he went on vacations with his friends? What rules did he violate?

If u don’t think they are targeting him, I don’t know what to say. Other than… why are these allegations only coming out now.. post Dobbs? So weird

Again… R presidents for decades have been appointing justices that are less partisan than D presidents.

Prior to Dobbs… a lot of conservatives still didn’t think Roe would be overturned due to Roberts. He ended up doing so in the end, but a lot of conservatives looked at his prior judgements

Advertisement
Sorry… u just posted FBI stats to prove society is getting safer?!?

The same FBI that is targeting conservatives as domestic terrorists and has quotas to get domestic terrorists (which they diverted child trafficking and other cases to work J6 cases) to get bonuses?!?

The FBI also has stats that say that “white supremacy” is on the rise! 😂 they do so by adding things that are on bumper stickers on cars… like the Gadsden and Betsy Ross flag!

😂

Tell the two liberal activists that just got killed recently that society is getting better

Onto the SC…

I guess u believe that CT is bad cause he went on vacations with his friends? What rules did he violate?

If u don’t think they are targeting him, I don’t know what to say. Other than… why are these allegations only coming out now.. post Dobbs? So weird

Again… R presidents for decades have been appointing justices that are less partisan than D presidents.

Prior to Dobbs… a lot of conservatives still didn’t think Roe would be overturned due to Roberts. He ended up doing so in the end, but a lot of conservatives looked at his prior judgements

Honestly, I don't get too much into the SC because it doesn't really interest me. lol

As for the crime stats, like I said, provide some alternate stats that show things are getting worse across all major cities. Happy to entertain those stats. Meanwhile, if the FBI isn't good enough, I'll find another source.

Honestly, I don't get too much into the SC because it doesn't really interest me. lol

As for the crime stats, like I said, provide some alternate stats that show things are getting worse across all major cities. Happy to entertain those stats. Meanwhile, if the FBI isn't good enough, I'll find another source.
Anyone can skew stats to make something look good or bad by just using certain categories or crime or by using selective time frames.

So u are right… we could waste all day going back and forth and it’s pretty pointless

Regardless.. I’m gonna drop this little story cause it’s from a liberal outlet recognizing violent crime going up since the pandemic (which was when Defund the Police started and the summer of love)

The real way we show all know that crime is a problem is by the feelings of people in big cities and around the country.

When u poll people (especially in big cities), crime falls right after the economy on people’s list of what they are worried about.

You see big store chains leaving big cities. You see entire stores locking up even toothbrushes! You see stolen cars. You see kids taking over city blocks. You see criminals BRAG about knowing they will just get let out (including the kids that taped themselves killing a guy on a bike and laughing about it)

Are there places in this country where crime isn’t bad and/or coming down… no doubt about it.

That is the way things turned out with those picks. But, I'd bet the GOP Presidents who picked the justices you're talking about were as shocked and surprised as the rest of us when their nominees turned out to be less partisan. It surely wasn't their plan.

Advertisement
Back