Off-Topic Crime 2.0

That’s great to see this, a good Samaritan stopping this despicable behavior. Too bad it doesn’t happen hardly ever. All the people being beat up, abused, shot, and assaulted on subways and sidewalks in our cities, and nobody doing anything about it.

Hopefully the moderator discussed those incidents as well.

Advertisement
That’s great to see this, a good Samaritan stopping this despicable behavior. Too bad it doesn’t happen hardly ever. All the people being beat up, abused, shot, and assaulted on subways and sidewalks in our cities, and nobody doing anything about it.

Hopefully the moderator discussed those incidents as well.
Of course you didn’t actually watch the video but I would fully expect you to applaud this type of behavior and unequal application of the law.

1665977465223.png
1665977513210.png

Of course you didn’t actually watch the video but I would fully expect you to applaud this type of behavior and unequal application of the law.

I actually did watch the video and was glad that man stepped in and stopped that abusI’ve and criminal behavior. Handled it perfectly and was very composed.

I just wish other people would step in when crimes have been committed as well. What’s the matter, you don’t agree with that?

Advertisement
I actually did watch the video and was glad that man stepped in and stopped that abusI’ve and criminal behavior. Handled it perfectly and was very composed.

I just wish other people would step in when crimes have been committed as well. What’s the matter, you don’t agree with that?
All crime needs to be condemned and people need to put their phones down and help the victim if they can and it doesn’t put them in danger.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have mentioned that my friends in Portland are still complaining about crime.

Federal Bureau of Investigation data show that violent crime in 2021 spiked 38% from the year before, far outpacing the national trend. The city’s homicide rate has risen 207% since 2019. Homelessness and drug use make things worse: Portland has an estimated 5,200 people on the streets, and since voters passed Measure 110, a 2020 state initiative decriminalizing personal possession of hard drugs, Oregon has seen overdose deaths increase by 20%.

I have mentioned that my friends in Portland are still complaining about crime.

Federal Bureau of Investigation data show that violent crime in 2021 spiked 38% from the year before, far outpacing the national trend. The city’s homicide rate has risen 207% since 2019. Homelessness and drug use make things worse: Portland has an estimated 5,200 people on the streets, and since voters passed Measure 110, a 2020 state initiative decriminalizing personal possession of hard drugs, Oregon has seen overdose deaths increase by 20%.

Liberal utopia!

Advertisement
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes

Did you make it outta Philly okay?

I mean honestly most of Philly is fine, you just have to know the city. I’m not saying there’s not a huge crime problem, there definitely is.

But I’m not hanging out in places known for criminal activity. Most victims of crimes are people that live in less advantaged areas. That’s just a fact. And it has been for thousands of years. You always have to be situationally aware, obviously. But since I’m not riding any subways in Philly, like I could in New York although I wouldn’t, it’s not really an issue.

I mean honestly most of Philly is fine, you just have to know the city. I’m not saying there’s not a huge crime problem, there definitely is.

But I’m not hanging out in places known for criminal activity. Most victims of crimes are people that live in less advantaged areas. That’s just a fact. And it has been for thousands of years. You always have to be situationally aware, obviously. But since I’m not riding any subways in Philly, like I could in New York although I wouldn’t, it’s not really an issue.
Oh yeah I know... I was mostly just jokin around. But still... glad you made it out alive! lol

Advertisement
Back