Off-Topic Crime 2.0

You completely misrepresenting what I said. I never said any of what you said here. Either way, you fully understand that immediate transportation to the hospital isn’t always the appropriate form of care. The bill says they are to immediately be transported to the hospital.
That is incorrect. The bill states, “reasonably diligent and conscientious health care practitioner would render to any other child born alive."

It’s after that medical care is given that they are to be transported to a hospital.

Advertisement
That is incorrect. The bill states, “reasonably diligent and conscientious health care practitioner would render to any other child born alive."

It’s after that medical care is given that they are to be transported to a hospital.
You right, it doesn’t say that. I’d think doctors are already providing care to save the lives of these infants, so I guess I’m not sure what the point of this is? The bill says that doctors or others who kill these infants are subject to murder charges but isn’t that already the case if you kill another person?

I’d be interested to know the real world consequences behind this but I do support these infants be provided appropriate medical care to save their life under most circumstances.

You right, it doesn’t say that. I’d think doctors are already providing care to save the lives of these infants, so I guess I’m not sure what the point of this is? The bill says that doctors or others who kill these infants are subject to murder charges but isn’t that already the case if you kill another person?

I’d be interested to know the real world consequences behind this but I do support these infants be provided appropriate medical care to save their life under most circumstances.
The bill is supposed to force everyone to provide lifesaving care for babies that are born alive, and charge those who do not. Yes you are correct that it’s already illegal almost everywhere. But I posted the 19 states where it was legal (article from 2019 and I know a few changed their laws since then) in another thread where this was being discussed. Could’ve been this one I can’t remember.

Real world consequences aside, most people break the law anyway. You can’t legislate morality. For the life of me I just can’t understand how this is the least bit controversial and not already a federal law.

The bill is supposed to force everyone to provide lifesaving care for babies that are born alive, and charge those who do not. Yes you are correct that it’s already illegal almost everywhere. But I posted the 19 states where it was legal (article from 2019 and I know a few changed their laws since then) in another thread where this was being discussed. Could’ve been this one I can’t remember. For the life of me I can’t understand how this is the least bit controversial and not already a federal law.
There are a few reasons I can see this as being controversial but no point in discussing. We’ll see what happens but I predict fake outrage either way lol

Advertisement
I'm probably one of a select few on here that watch On Patrol Live (formerly known as "Live PD") and was watching this live-ish this weekend.

What was really troubling to me, is the cops didn't believe the people who originally called in to report the toddler waving a gun. They actually said to the people (who were visibly frustrated), "just call us if it happens again". Then the person who lived across the hall had the Ring door cam video of it and played it for the cops (which showed the kid pulling the trigger MULTIPLE times) and THEN they rushed back up. Even then, they took a LONG time before they finally called it in to their supervisor to get his recommendations and then finally took the dad into custody.

It was frustrating to watch how that all went down, even though they did eventually come to the correct resolution (thanks to the person who got the video). I know people make false claims and cops have been told a lot of lies by people... but their first search of the apartment was just walking through and barely touching anything. In watching the show, you can tell how lenient cops are these days and how they give the benefit of the doubt more often than not. I'm not saying it's a bad thing either (it's nice to see in certain situations... but a lot of it is mostly likely cause of the extra media they have with them), but it can definitely lead to bad or worse situations that they could have easily avoided had they put a little bit of effort into it.

Advertisement
If they do that, it will look like this:

OIP.yXdGohCn_vKHT8LQc6ctnQHaE9

Advertisement
"One of the biggest mistakes Alec Baldwin made was to go on George Stephanopoulos’ program and say he didn’t pull the trigger. That was a lie," Terrell told "The Faulkner Focus" on Thursday. "I guarantee you that’s going to come back to haunt him."

Advertisement
"One of the biggest mistakes Alec Baldwin made was to go on George Stephanopoulos’ program and say he didn’t pull the trigger. That was a lie," Terrell told "The Faulkner Focus" on Thursday. "I guarantee you that’s going to come back to haunt him."

Revolvers just don’t go off. The lawyer makes a good point. If it was a 9 mm semi automatic, like a Glock or whatever. If you have one in the chamber, it’s feasible to barely touch the trigger, or maybe to drop it, and for the gun to go off. Maybe one in 10,000 chance, but at least there’s a chance. But for a revolver? It’s basically impossible to not pull the trigger for that gun to go off - people that own guns would know what I’m talking about

Revolvers just don’t go off. The lawyer makes a good point. If it was a 9 mm semi automatic, like a Glock or whatever. If you have one in the chamber, it’s feasible to barely touch the trigger, or maybe to drop it, and for the gun to go off. Maybe one in 10,000 chance, but at least there’s a chance. But for a revolver? It’s basically impossible to not pull the trigger for that gun to go off - people that own guns would know what I’m talking about
100% correct

Advertisement
Back