Cribby’s keys to UNC

Gattis will be a one and done if he doesn't get his head out of his ***. He needs to quit blaming players. He's the WR coach. If they're not running the routes correctly, it's on him. He's turned a QB who was on the Heisman watch list into a hot mess. There is talent on the team. It's not on the elite level, but it's better than what it's looked like so far. That's on the coaches.

Advertisement
I just wonder how short of a leash TVD has. And my worry is that he struggles early and we go down 14/17-0 before we make that switch to Jake. But with that said I think the team comes to play tomorrow and we play well. Canes win 35-24

If TVD isn’t throwing in the blue lot right now he’s late to the game…

Cannot have another weak start from him

Advertisement
For me... we need to sure up the mistakes on assignments and reads to even be in the game but to win its red zone efficiency. We have to count by 7s if we have any chance.
Here are the Redzone stats where UNC scored 17 TDs ( 7 run, 10 pass) and 1 FG out of 19 redzone opportunities. In contrast, Miami Is 14 TDs (12 run, 2 pass) with 5 FGs in 23 redzone opportunities.

Advertisement
History and data tells us that any time one team reaches the end zone and comes away with more touchdowns and or field goals than the other team, it equates to more points on the board for that team. I don't know how they compute this fact however, I have witnessed it in actual games myself. And every time Miami does it we end up winning the game. If we can just find a way to do it again this game I'm pretty confident we come away with a W

Staying after practice is one thing but X and now Ladson have been doing it on their own time. Not just practice or after practice. Tbh if you aren’t staying after practice as a skill guy or qb at any level its kinda sus Imo. Especially if you’re a key guy.

X‘s work ethic is why some guys clowned him last year. Which is wild.
Reading this made me want to vomit as it testifies to the pathetic culture and distance from the winning culture that made this program what it is. If true, players clowning a teammate for working harder than themselves is the recipe for failure in any endeavor. I ain't hit a joint since college but reading this makes me want to build a gatorade bong and turn out the lights

i’m looking at one thing… is the vibe still off between TVD and the rest of the offensive players. that will tell me everything i need to know. last game you had TVD getting knocked down and his teammates not even looking to help him up. if TVD hasn’t humbled himself i expect to see Jake by the 2nd quarter.
Fantastic point. If your line ain't picking you up they don't give a **** about you and are not going to give 100% to protect you.

Play Fvvking Angry
And crack open some cold beer
outback steakhouse beer GIF by Outback Brasil

You Got This Dos Equis GIF

Advertisement
Its game week and time to finally step away from the debacle of two weeks ago. IMO this game is huge and on many different levels, long term and the short. I only see two ways the season can go and I believe this game will play a huge part in which direction.

Keys to the game

1. Fast start.

This is huge just for peoples mentality, fans included. A big play early to get some “ feel good” on the sideline. A three and out or turnover would be perfect.

2. Defensive line.

That group is the most talented on the team and will be depended on this game. Especially the interior guys. Creating pressure from the inside will allow us to keep a shell coverage and have the numbers advantage in the secondary. That’ll also be huge with keeping their qb from back breaking scrambles on third and fives. Keep contain and depend on your DL to get home and stopping the run with four. Mesidor / Taylor together inside on pass downs. Force them to drive the field. Imo this will dictate the game defensively.

3. A skill guy steps up.

Somebody has to be the guy, regardless if it’s one , two or three of them. Ladson seems to be the guy trying to lead the group , he’s been spending a lot of time after practice with the qb. I’d like to see him , Brashard , Skinner and Brantley more. BS should be the returner on st’s and getting multiple touches a game. Regardless if it’s a reverse , toss or screen. Put him in space ( I know , I’m a broken record). Coaches need to scheme better and guys need to do better getting open. Until that changes it’ll be eight man boxes.

4. Assignment discipline.

Know your assignment and PLAY YOUR ASSIGNMENT!! We gave up multiple long touchdowns the last game because of a db sticking his nose where it didn’t belong while playing deep coverage. Then another db blew a coverage. UNC doesn’t need help scoring. As I said in step one “ force them to drive the ball”.

5. Run the ball.

No duh….right? This is very suspect defense in the front and back end. But as a matchup our OL has to win this battle. If we can’t run the ball and extend drives it’ll likely get away. This is a smallish and tbh soft DL. After two weeks ago this is just what the doctor ordered for our offense.

6. Third down conversions.

As I mentioned above we have to extend drives. Until we fix the third down conversion issue the offense will continue to struggle. Playing in South Florida is useless if you can’t keep the opponents defense on the field.

I‘ve been griping about more Rpo since week one and I believe we’ll finally see more of it this week. It’s been a real head scratcher not using something that’s your qb’s strength. On top of that Imo you’ll see a few adjustments schematically. Maybe meeting in the middle with coaches / players can spark TVD and the O.
Key to success: Pull TVD ASAP

Advertisement
I'm just ready to see it. I'm rooting for my Canes no matter what. The Carolina Taryuppies need to be run out of town. Can we stop them? Can we score a lick? I'll still root for my young men just as hard. I got a hun on NC so I win either way. Go Canes!

i’m looking at one thing… is the vibe still off between TVD and the rest of the offensive players. that will tell me everything i need to know. last game you had TVD getting knocked down and his teammates not even looking to help him up. if TVD hasn’t humbled himself i expect to see Jake by the 2nd quarter.
Why do u think tvd hasn’t been humble lol i seen the same kid as last year, actually looked more comfortable this week in press conference than he did mtsu week.

Everybody talks about TVDs confidence in himself or the WRs nobody mentions his confidence in the coaches. I want to see some type of synergy being built there, we saw what a confident tvd looked like after he sat with rhett and likens so lets see if the meetings with ponce and gattis paid off

Advertisement
Back