Cribby’s Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
With Rousseau opting out does anyone know if this adds a scholarship to this year's class?

It’s almost been a month since I posted this , I just wanted to celebrate my vague posts with a glass of delicious haters tears. I know you mad , you big mad.

Lmao.
ATTACH=full]126317[/ATTACH]

Tears from the haters are the best.

Attachments

• giphy - 2020-08-06T185341.953.gif
    giphy - 2020-08-06T185341.953.gif
    1 MB · Views: 5
Advertisement
Yea we have untested players. You don’t replace a top 5 pick like it’s that easy
Didn’t say it was easy. Amazing thing about these boards is the number of people not capable of reading a simple post and understanding what it says. Unreal.

The team will move on big guy. No choice. Easy or not. Just read the post without dumb interpretation. Thanks.

Marshall milking this dry. Flirtingng with both fanbases online.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane is going to start charging by the hour, but you are mixing an IC with roster limits.

Ha!

Would love to see the NCAA:

1. Give an extra IC for the 2021-2022 cycle ONLY (no carryforward) to replace any kids who transfer OUT of your university (to get the Portal unstuck); and
2. Give an extra IC for the 2021-2022 cycle ONLY (no carryforward) to replace any kids who OPT OUT due to Covid-19.

Does not. We have room for the 25 cap already as we are under 85 by a good margin. Otherwise teams could run kids off to get counters back.

@TheOriginalCane am I doing it right?
Good job taking a first crack at things.

We are CURRENTLY at 75 recruited scholarship players. We have EIGHT who are in their final year of eligibility (nine if Navaughn Donaldson does not return, as he is a true senior who is currently redshirting). We have just had our first attrition number from the group of non-seniors.

Thus, for the NEXT cycle (2021-2022), we have 66 returning players, so we need 6 more "attrition" guys to get a signing class of 25 enrolled (and, yes, there is some debate on 24 vs. 25, and there may be a blue or gray colored shirt involved).

If the NCAA gives any more counters to address the Great Portal/Covid Pile-up of 2020, then we will need more overall "attrition" numbers (reduction in total number of scholarship players in order to fit in the new signees).

Good job taking a first crack at things.

We are CURRENTLY at 75 recruited scholarship players. We have EIGHT who are in their final year of eligibility (nine if Navaughn Donaldson does not return, as he is a true senior who is currently redshirting). We have just had our first attrition number from the group of non-seniors.

Thus, for the NEXT cycle (2021-2022), we have 66 returning players, so we need 6 more "attrition" guys to get a signing class of 25 enrolled (and, yes, there is some debate on 24 vs. 25, and there may be a blue or gray colored shirt involved).

If the NCAA gives any more counters to address the Great Portal/Covid Pile-up of 2020, then we will need more overall "attrition" numbers (reduction in total number of scholarship players in order to fit in the new signees).

Attrition won't be a problem, I promise you. Layup.

Attrition won't be a problem, I promise you. Layup.

You may, eventually, be correct.

I have had side conversations with folks, and the current issue is that Manny and the coaches do not have as much "evidence" to push freshmen and sophomores out the door. They have missed the spring and summer from a "learning the playbook", "development", and "practice" standpoint. The junior class is not huge and filled with busts. I'm not saying we WILL NOT lose 6 more guys, I am just pointing out that if these more recent recruits work hard and do what is expected of them, it is not as "obvious" as to who to push out. Not as many Tommy Kennedys and Bar Milos.

Advertisement

I have had side conversations with folks, and the current issue is that Manny and the coaches do not have as much "evidence" to push freshmen and sophomores out the door. They have missed the spring and summer from a "learning the playbook", "development", and "practice" standpoint. The junior class is not huge and filled with busts. I'm not saying we WILL NOT lose 6 more guys, I am just pointing out that if these more recent recruits work hard and do what is expected of them, it is not as "obvious" as to who to push out. Not as many Tommy Kennedys and Bar Milos.
There are a bunch of guys who either won’t be brought back for a 5th year or who will look elsewhere as a grad transfer to actually play. I track the roster very accurately and I get 25 spots pretty easily.

Not by pushing any freshman or sophs out. Traditional, non-dirty stuff. Graduation, kids transfer out to get PT, backups who get degrees and don't get a 5th year, hardship, injuries, taking back non-renewable one year walk-on rides, flying saucers.

I'll even say we could take 30+ if the NCAA will give us the counters.

LAYUP. Screenshot this and hold me to it. I will buy you an ice cream cone if I'm wrong. I've been around the block. Not my first crack at it. ;)

Not by pushing any freshman or sophs out. Traditional, non-dirty stuff. Graduation, kids transfer out to get PT, backups who get degrees and don't get a 5th year, hardship, injuries, taking back non-renewable one year walk-on rides, flying saucers.

LAYUP. Screenshot this and hold me to it. I will buy you an ice cream cone if I'm wrong. I've been around the block. Not my first crack at it. ;)
I'm quoting this not because I disagree with you, but because I'm playing the odds and I enjoy ice cream.

Advertisement
There are a bunch of guys who either won’t be brought back for a 5th year or who will look elsewhere as a grad transfer to actually play. I track the roster very accurately and I get 25 spots pretty easily.

Again, who?

I already posted the list of possibilities:

Possible attrition:

1 NFL 7 Al Blades, Jr. Cornerback 6-1 186 lbs. Junior Fort Lauderdale, Fla. St. Thomas Aquinas
2 NFL 21 Bubba Bolden Safety 6-3 184 lbs. Redshirt Junior Las Vegas, Nev. USC Bishop Gorman
3 ??? 22 Robert Burns Running Back 5-11 217 lbs. Redshirt Junior Miami, Fla. Gulliver Prep
4 ??? 65 Corey Gaynor Offensive Line 6-4 299 lbs. Redshirt Junior Parkland, Fla. Douglas
5 ??? 57 Kai-Leon Herbert Offensive Line 6-5 298 lbs. Redshirt Junior Plantation, Fla. Plantation American Heritage
6 ??? 75 Zalon'tae Hillery Offensive Line 6-6 298 lbs. Redshirt Junior Brunswick, Ga. Glynn Academy
7 ??? 44 Bradley Jennings Jr. Linebacker 6-1 222 lbs. Redshirt Junior Jacksonville, Fla. Sandalwood
8 NFL 9 Brevin Jordan Tight End 6-3 235 lbs. Junior Las Vegas, Nev. Bishop Gorman
9 ??? 18 Tate Martell Quarterback 5-11 198 lbs. Redshirt Junior Las Vegas, Nev. Ohio State Bishop Gorman
10 ??? 5 N'Kosi Perry Quarterback 6-4 181 lbs. Redshirt Junior Ocala, Fla. Vanguard
11 ??? 51 DJ Scaife, Jr. Offensive Lineman 6-3 298 lbs. Junior Miami, Fla. Southridge High School
12 ??? 17 Waynmon Steed Linebacker 5-11 232 lbs. Redshirt Junior Miami, Fla. Miami Central

For possible non-NFL attrition, I only looked at Juniors.

I already removed Rousseau. We need half of this list to leave just to get to 25.

We'd need almost everyone on the list to leave if we got 5 extra counters.

There's 4 not-great OLs on the list, but they won't all leave at once. 2 QBs, but I bet one stays.

We need the LBs and DBs to step up this year.

I am not even counting walk-ons. People need to stop obsessing about walk-ons (not saying you, just people in general).

Again, I am not saying that it WON'T happen, just that this is an unusual and unprecedented year. There is extra focus on taking care of players and not being so cutthroat about these issues.

I think we can get to 6 for attrition, it will be harder THIS YEAR to get to 11.

Save all the "layup" and "been around the block" confidence FOR NOW. Let this very non-normal year play out. Everything could fall into place, I hope it does. But there's no need for over-confidence at this early stage. Even kids who have never been big for us in the past might have to play important roles this year if we have a mid-season Covid outbreak.

Again, who?

I already posted the list of possibilities:

Possible attrition:

1 NFL 7 Al Blades, Jr. Cornerback 6-1 186 lbs. Junior Fort Lauderdale, Fla. St. Thomas Aquinas
2 NFL 21 Bubba Bolden Safety 6-3 184 lbs. Redshirt Junior Las Vegas, Nev. USC Bishop Gorman
3 ??? 22 Robert Burns Running Back 5-11 217 lbs. Redshirt Junior Miami, Fla. Gulliver Prep
4 ??? 65 Corey Gaynor Offensive Line 6-4 299 lbs. Redshirt Junior Parkland, Fla. Douglas
5 ??? 57 Kai-Leon Herbert Offensive Line 6-5 298 lbs. Redshirt Junior Plantation, Fla. Plantation American Heritage
6 ??? 75 Zalon'tae Hillery Offensive Line 6-6 298 lbs. Redshirt Junior Brunswick, Ga. Glynn Academy
7 ??? 44 Bradley Jennings Jr. Linebacker 6-1 222 lbs. Redshirt Junior Jacksonville, Fla. Sandalwood
8 NFL 9 Brevin Jordan Tight End 6-3 235 lbs. Junior Las Vegas, Nev. Bishop Gorman
9 ??? 18 Tate Martell Quarterback 5-11 198 lbs. Redshirt Junior Las Vegas, Nev. Ohio State Bishop Gorman
10 ??? 5 N'Kosi Perry Quarterback 6-4 181 lbs. Redshirt Junior Ocala, Fla. Vanguard
11 ??? 51 DJ Scaife, Jr. Offensive Lineman 6-3 298 lbs. Junior Miami, Fla. Southridge High School
12 ??? 17 Waynmon Steed Linebacker 5-11 232 lbs. Redshirt Junior Miami, Fla. Miami Central

For possible non-NFL attrition, I only looked at Juniors.

I already removed Rousseau. We need half of this list to leave just to get to 25.

We'd need almost everyone on the list to leave if we got 5 extra counters.

There's 4 not-great OLs on the list, but they won't all leave at once. 2 QBs, but I bet one stays.

We need the LBs and DBs to step up this year.
I’m not going to get into the names here. If you want to message me, I’ll give you the breakdown. 25 is pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back