Cribby’s Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will say the following.........Mullen Can’t recruit,
he isn’t that good, Miami bought him, good luck playing in an empty stadium or any combo of those.
All of that is so true lollll. Mullen just isn’t a good recruiter. I think he’s done a good job in terms of wins/losses since he took that job. Considering the whiffs he’s had on the recruiting trail. Georgia is just far more talented and have better coaching. One more Georgia win over Florida and Mullen will be on the hot seat.

Advertisement
All of that is so true lollll. Mullen just isn’t a good recruiter. I think he’s done a good job in terms of wins/losses since he took that job. Considering the whiffs he’s had on the recruiting trail. Georgia is just far more talented and have better coaching. One more Georgia win over Florida and Mullen will be on the hot seat.
Mullen is an odd awkward dude. He’s a good coach but best at being an OC. His coaching skills will never overcome his weirdness as a HC. Florida will be stuck in good not great **** under him.

I mean, his wife is kissing the players. He’s a weird dude.

Mullen is an odd awkward dude. He’s a good coach but best at being an OC. His coaching skills will never overcome his weirdness as a HC. Florida will be stuck in good not great **** under him.

I mean, his wife is kissing the players. He’s a weird dude.
I think you nailed it- he’s a great OC. Not a head coach. You can just see it

Advertisement
It is. Myself, along with a few posters from here are trying to keep it alive but it has turned into a **** show lately with political **** taking up 95% of the board. I’m contributing it to covid/lack of things to discuss. Also, Shadow hasnt posted since right before the UF game last year.

Also, flash from the past since we are talking about “insiders” from different regimes. Who was “Footballcane” on grassy?!? That mf was on top of EVERYTHING recruiting during the Shannon tenure.

I was there for years and finally gave up my account and came here.Had great info for a long time but turned into the sHT show you mentioned when a lot of the guys that had info quit posting...

Advertisement
The exact wording I was told was “ it’ll be a Chaney like recruitment, if he commits he’s done”. You know this already but the kid tried to pop already and was told to make sure he’s 100% ready, don’t rush it.
Yes sir. Whenever (sooner rather later) he does commit he’ll be doing some recruiting of his own... publicly anyway

I think you nailed it- he’s a great OC. Not a head coach. You can just see it
I’ll even say he is a solid HC. He just isn’t great and never will be. Florida is stuck. He will never take them any further than he already has. It’s good. Not great.

Advertisement
It is. Myself, along with a few posters from here are trying to keep it alive but it has turned into a **** show lately with political **** taking up 95% of the board. I’m contributing it to covid/lack of things to discuss. Also, Shadow hasnt posted since right before the UF game last year.

Also, flash from the past since we are talking about “insiders” from different regimes. Who was “Footballcane” on grassy?!? That mf was on top of EVERYTHING recruiting during the Shannon tenure.
Facts HTown.

I’ll even say he is a solid HC. He just isn’t great and never will be. Florida is stuck. He will never take them any further than he already has. It’s good. Not great.

Question is would you take that at Miami? This is the high risk high reward question. I didn't like those whining that Miami missed on signing Mullen. Would winning 10 games most years of the 2020s be good? Sure. But I would also be feel certain that we would never win a championship with Mullen. Given the option between the two, I'd rather roll with an unknown commodity like Diaz (of course, I've also made it clear my preference is Cristobal over Diaz). He might surprise everyone and succeed. You can't doubt that Diaz would bleed for the program. Of course there is a pretty good chance it ends in a giant fireball. Either way, I think you will have a definitive answer. I don't see Diaz getting stuck in perpetual mediocrity like UF will be (they basically hired a poor man's Mark Richt) . It will work or it won't, with no in-between. I don't really care about number of ACC titles. Maybe SEC fans think conference titles are a big deal. IMO, if you aren't winning national championships, you can't say you had a successful season.

Advertisement
AmazingIncompleteIndigobunting-size_restricted.gif

Imma jump in on this as I'm hearing some stuff right now.

I agree with you on Taylor and Brashard. Canes.

To the delight of many on here, staff has picked it up with Yulkieth again and are willing to go 4 WR with him flexing at RB2. Meaning Amari will likely not be here.

Not a fan of this, but staff wants to secure a QB sooner than later. Jake didnt pull the trigger despite the pressure. So Jay Allen may be a take soon.

Had a tidbit on Chase Smith, but got too much heat on here last time I discussed his situation. So I'll keep that one to myself. But ultimately, that one depends on how the board shakes out.
Appreciate the info, I really want Chase Smith and I'm okay with Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back