Crazy Jadon Haselwood Catch

Have no idea why ppl r so enamoured w the 40 times.

Would you rather have Phillip Dorsett or Keenan Allen? Would you rather have John Ross or Jerry Rice?

40 times and football speed are two totally different things. Some guys have great 40’s and football speed ala Devin Hester and Deion Sanders, but a lot have great shirts & shorts #’s, w 0 football speed. Give me the guy w football speed 10/10.

If a WR can get on you, use a subtle move, and know how to use his hands and body, then throw the 40 out the window; he’s unguardable. If he’s just a speed guy, then a jam here, over the top coverage there, negates that 40.

For my buck, give me the route runner w quick feet, that has great body control, and strong hands. If he’s a blazer as well, more power to him, but these camps and combines got ppl looking straight at 40 times as oppose to the football player themselves.

Advertisement
Cager is slower than this chap and look how he shook that FSU DB on the first TD. What i watch on this kid is how he gets separation when he breaks. Yes its very good to have speed but not every great WR is Moss. And also why is it that people act like these aren't kids with developing bodies?
That's what they are, their bodies and skills are nowhere near where it may become. Not even a 5 star is an exception

Advertisement
He ran a laser 4.60 at the Opening.

Akeem Dent, by comparison, ran a 4.64 there. But you have never said Dent is slow. Ahmonn Richrds ran a 4.69 laser 40. Same thing

For someone who follows recruiting as much as you, it's surprising you don't understand the reality of laser 40s for HS kids. 4.60 at his size is plenty fast. And yes, like the rest of these guys he'll get faster as he gets in a college S&C program.
If u go back maybe a year i said Dent doesnt junp out at u. I would takr JH and Dent just because. I think JH is going to be good with us hes a take all the way imo

Advertisement

SIAP... look who else is watching Haselwood.

eyes-gif.gif

Have no idea why ppl r so enamoured w the 40 times.

Would you rather have Phillip Dorsett or Keenan Allen? Would you rather have John Ross or Jerry Rice?

40 times and football speed are two totally different things. Some guys have great 40’s and football speed ala Devin Hester and Deion Sanders, but a lot have great shirts & shorts #’s, w 0 football speed. Give me the guy w football speed 10/10.

If a WR can get on you, use a subtle move, and know how to use his hands and body, then throw the 40 out the window; he’s unguardable. If he’s just a speed guy, then a jam here, over the top coverage there, negates that 40.

For my buck, give me the route runner w quick feet, that has great body control, and strong hands. If he’s a blazer as well, more power to him, but these camps and combines got ppl looking straight at 40 times as oppose to the football player themselves.

Keenan Allen ain't slow. Neither is rice. I'd take both those guys. Fact of the matter is the best skill players have a speed element to their game plain and simple. You don't need a super fast 40 time be play ball but you better have a speed element to your game or you'll be a Joe year by or Charlie Jones.

Btw, my 4th sentence can't be refuted.

Keenan Allen ain't slow. Neither is rice. I'd take both those guys. Fact of the matter is the best skill players have a speed element to their game plain and simple. You don't need a super fast 40 time be play ball but you better have a speed element to your game or you'll be a Joe year by or Charlie Jones.

Btw, my 4th sentence can't be refuted.

I agree with u, Completely. That’s y I said 40 times and football speed, two different things. If u look at both Jerry and Allen’s 40...****, let’s throw in E Smith’s 40 as well, u wouldn’t think they were elite fast, but what did/do we see on Sunday’s? Always open or running away from people. That’s y I’m more enamoured with game speed v. combine speed.

And ur right, U definitely better have real speed to ur game or u will be a Charlie Jones or Joe Yearby.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back