Cowturd is buying the hype

Advertisement
Colin says every chance he gets, he wants The U & USC to be byke to restore order in College Football.

He’s gotten tired of the overly regional Southern dominance of the CFP every year & he’s absolutely right.

Parity is the best thing for college football, if it’s Bama & UGA every single year the ratings will eventually die.

The perfect playoff would be USC, Miami, Texas & OH ST, 4 prestigious programs with great history that represent very large regions among College Football fanbases & would make for sky-high ratings.
Yes Sir!

Larger market, larger fanbase.

I agree that Oklahoma has been the much better team in terms of success, but if you’re talking about overall ratings & just attraction Texas has more appeal than Oklahoma, especially now that Riley left, Okla isn’t gonna be a top tier program anymore.

I wasn’t framing it as the perfect playoff in terms to history in relation to Miami, I meant overall for college football from a market standpoint & relinquishing the stranglehold Bama & UGA have on the playoffs.
Though I think Okla will fall off, they did a heck of a job tag teaming Lebby with Venables.. Interested to see how they play out moving forward..

Advertisement
Colin says every chance he gets, he wants The U & USC to be byke to restore order in College Football.

He’s gotten tired of the overly regional Southern dominance of the CFP every year & he’s absolutely right.

Parity is the best thing for college football, if it’s Bama & UGA every single year the ratings will eventually die.

The perfect playoff would be USC, Miami, Texas & OH ST, 4 prestigious programs with great history that represent very large regions among College Football fanbases & would make for sky-high ratings.
Cowherd always pro Miami from what I remember. There never been parity in cfb..but Florida, Texas, and Cali are in fact the keys to creating some type of parity to a point. But honestly everyone just needs to wait ot the goat imho.

I just love we finally serious about the program again

He’s been saying it for years too I just cant forgive him for his comments on ST after he passed, or wilbon and the other guy

Advertisement
Collin is a USC guy and he sees the similarities in Miami. He’s right in that college football needs more national appeal. You need some type of parity to keep the bigger markets interested. If college football keeps digging it’s self into a deeper regional hole where the same teams (from sparsely populated southern regions) win the title every year, it will end up like it was in the 1960’s when it didn’t have a national audience and only pockets of society bothered to pay attention.

Why Texas, they don't have half the history or success that Oklahoma has. Plus OK hates us, we cost them a couple titles under Switzer, I would love to see that rivalry renewed at the highest levels.

OK has the same problem Notre Dame has with TV audiences...almost EVERYTIME they get into the CFB playoffs they seem to flop..

I want ohios taint in a cfp match up. Just give me that one time and give us a legit shot to crush that ****. Revenge doesn't even begin to describe my emotion about that. I'm sure 99.9% of in here feel that way. But **** would that be sweet to feel one day soon. I'm talking roll out there, run over the for 300 on the ground, 7 sacks, and retire their starting QB and RB.
Now that's a daydream I can wet on

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've always wanted to see a USC/Miami title game matchup. The ratings would probably dwarf any recent playoff/title game in recent memory.. Miami has beaten the best CFB has had to offer over the past 30+ years except USC. Hope it happens soon.
Idk why a home and home hasn't been scheduled. That should've been done a LONG time ago.

Place a game like that as part of the Labor Day weekend Chick FIla Kickoff classic games.....and watch the ratings skyrocket.

Idk why a home and home hasn't been scheduled. That should've been done a LONG time ago.

Place a game like that as part of the Labor Day weekend Chick FIla Kickoff classic games.....and watch the ratings skyrocket.
No doubt. It seems like with these two schools, when one is rolling, the other one isnt. The closest both teams were good/decent at the same time was around '03-'05.

I wonder if that's something they'll do now with that whole alliance with the BIG10, PAC and ACC

I don't how much he's *buying the hype* as much as willing something to existence that he's wanted to see happen for years—tired of the Alabama and SEC dominance, as it's bad for the sport.

College football is better when Miami and Southern Cal are contenders, as well as when match-ups with Notre Dame are Top 5 showdowns, as they have national implications and interest when that's the case.

Canes and Trojans made some seismic off-season coaching moves and we'll see how they pay off—but it's definitely in the cards that both will vastly improve.

Advertisement
Back