Covering the Spread late in Games

CMR is way too conservative to worry about covering a 3 score spread..

Richt's best team in the last 5 years was UGA, 2014.
Beat 8 teams by 21+ points (24, 66, 27, 34, 32, 27, 46, 23) including ranked Clemson, Mizzou, Auburn, and Louisville.
Richt's not bashful when he has the horses.

Advertisement
Richt's best team in the last 5 years was UGA, 2014.
Beat 8 teams by 21+ points (24, 66, 27, 34, 32, 27, 46, 23) including ranked Clemson, Mizzou, Auburn, and Louisville.
Richt's not bashful when he has the horses.
Covering a spread is going for more points when the game is over.
Blowouts are the result of multiple mistakes or loss of poise or just being outclassed.
I'm sure you know the difference..

My absolute favorite part of being at games, the win is sealed, you rush the concessions before the start of the 4th before they end the sales of beverages, the crowd is already lathered up and then some young guy who is determined to make a play flashes something big. Used to LOVE that... Been too long... Was such a nerd, Used to just want to see the young DB and watch their back pedal to see if they were legit..

Dam its been soo long guys like Gore who used to do that type of stuff is now on his victory lap tour before retiring from NFL.

I’ll be in the building for Savannah St. Looking forward to seeing the youngsters do their thing. Mostly want to Lingard against some scrubs.

Advertisement
Covering a spread is going for more points when the game is over.
Blowouts are the result of multiple mistakes or loss of poise or just being outclassed.

I'm sure you know the difference..

uh..yeah.
Like that Vandy game that year where UGA scored a touchdown with 8 seconds left to win by 27?
I wonder what the spread was on that game?

Covering the spread is also not allowing a back door cover. When your up big you want to stay up big.
UGA was winning the Kentucky game that year by 28 late in the 3rd. It was an 18 point spread.
Did UGA have to throw a TD pass in the 4th?
Not conservative to me.

Of course Richt doesn't worry about covering a 3 score spread in the literal sense.
However, I do think he has the desire to win, and win convincingly.

Last edited:
I expect blowouts in the following games allowing the youngsters to get some PT:

Savannah State
Toledo
FIU
UVA
Pitt (payback game)

Everyone talks about loving great, close, dramatic games. Personally, I enjoy blowouts just as much(when it involves UM), hey, you get to relax, be entertained and get to see the young horses run and get a glimpse into the future

uh..yeah.
Like that Vandy game that year where UGA scored a touchdown with 8 seconds left to win by 27?
I wonder what the spread was on that game?

Covering the spread is also not allowing a back door cover. When your up big you want to stay up big.
UGA was winning the Kentucky game that year by 28 late in the 3rd. It was an 18 point spread.
Did UGA have to throw a TD pass in the 4th?
Not conservative to me.

Of course Richt doesn't worry about covering a 3 score spread in the literal sense.
However, I do think he has the desire to win, and win convincingly.
Wish i could comment cogently about above post but I'm not a UGA or SEC fan.
My observations only refer to CMRs tenure at Miami.
Thanx for the info above, I'll keep it in mind when i bet this season..

Advertisement
I really want this concept of playing back ups to be a reality. No more close games against the likes of Pitt and UVA.

It's so important, and we haven't been able to do it consistently for what seems like forever. Especially with QB, we need to get those guys meaningful playing time. Can't do that by losing to Pitt and letting UVA, GT, etc take you down to the wire.

Everyone talks about loving great, close, dramatic games. Personally, I enjoy blowouts just as much(when it involves UM), hey, you get to relax, be entertained and get to see the young horses run and get a glimpse into the future

I'm with you man.......I love blowouts. I don't want ANY "good, dramatic" game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back