Couple things

View as article
Man I've been such a golden fan since day one and have been giving this whole **** show a **** of a lot of thought. My conclusions are a follows:

--**** Golden for the way he is handling this. Don't look for coordinators on our time. If you're taking the job then gtfo

--We absolutely need to retain Coley and Brown at all costs to keep this class together. We have to do absolutely everything necessary to make sure this class stays put, this class is the final piece to the puzzle and completes this team with talent at every single position

-- Coach D should be our interim head coach. LOL JK Coach D should choke on Goldens balls all the way to penn state where I will thoroughly enjoy teams running up the score on PSU and coach d for the next 3+ years. Coach D is the worst defensive coordinator in the country and we are all getting our wish of his departure it just so happens our staff is also getting blown up

-- As other posters have said, this could definitely be a better long term situation for Miami depending on who we hire going forward. Again, this class completes our team so if we keep them and they sign with us, new schemes could really, really help this team take the next step. As we all know, it wAsnt happening under coach D, period.

-- I really wanted to see golden finish what he started here (without coach d shackling him by the feet) to see what he was capable of. I am grateful for the job he did guiding us through this tough time (especially wit his recruiting). I have finally shifted over from a slurper to a hater. It has taken me quite some time but I finally see the light. We need an X's and O's guy to come in and put our talent to good use.

I loved Golden, and I wish Penn state nothing but the worst as I always have. Only time will tell if he ends up regretting this decision. We better hire a big name and that person better dive right into his phone to start calling every single one of our commits and getting them to stay on board with the help of Coley and Hurlie. With the right guy, we can really maximize our talent and make this team a real force. Again, I completely believe this 14 class makes this team potentially great.

Lastly, I want to schedule penn state two or three years down the road SO badly so we can **** them up for closure,

Advertisement
ok so its official.. the sky is falling

TouchMoney99 ‏@F5_Chad 3m
“@_NigelBethel: Should I stay or should I go? But if I leave where should I go? [crying]” G bruh, I feel like I threw up the [picture of the U] for [picture of ****]

It's naive to think this class will hold together if Golden leaves.

So much for if golden leaves the class stays together.

Golden haven't left and we lost valentine wtf

I've been a big supporter of Coach G since he was hired. But if he wants 2 go hate 2 c dat.
In my opinion it was time for a whole staff shake.
This is the perfect time, The staff was steadily losing out on top teir recruits in our own back yard. Dats CRAZY 2 believe.
We need a coach values winning more than friendship.
Coach 2 keep on da staff.....
Coach Coley
Coach Brown.
Coach Carroll
Coach Kehoe.
Butch or Chudd would fill out. Sciano D.C

Advertisement
Munchak got fired by the Titans today... Why? Because he refused to fire assistants. It's almost like an occult.

Now your just dreaming. Even tho I would love to see a UM Alum reunion, I doubt it would really happen.
To Me Coley would benefit from a Offensive minded coach. let's say Chud was hire he could groom Coley to be a very good coordinator. U have to keep Coley the Dude is a Monster Recruiter in S. FL. Than add a Bonus QB Coach in Dorsey.

How are other teams using this against Miami if we are in a "Dead Period"?

Kaaya thinks Golden is leaving because he hasn't denied anything publicly and he has already told me he will stick if Coley remains. He did say that schools are already using Golden potentially leaving against Miami.

Advertisement
Coley maybe a great recruiter but as a OC was below average at best. Unless Golden had more input then we know and it restricted Coley is his play calling then I don't see any new coach keeping him on staff.

What would be your guess for powell pete? EE...he seems like he was close to brown so I don't know

How are other teams using this against Miami if we are in a "Dead Period"?

Kaaya thinks Golden is leaving because he hasn't denied anything publicly and he has already told me he will stick if Coley remains. He did say that schools are already using Golden potentially leaving against Miami.

There's many ways around the 'dead period'

Like picking up the phone..

Dead Period:
The college coach cannot make in-person contact with you or your legal guardians. This prevents the coach from making any evaluations of you whatsoever. However, the coach can make telephone calls to you or your legal guardians.
http://recruitlook.com/athletic-scholarship-recruiting-terms/

Advertisement
I've been a big supporter of Coach G since he was hired. But if he wants 2 go hate 2 c dat.
In my opinion it was time for a whole staff shake.
This is the perfect time, The staff was steadily losing out on top teir recruits in our own back yard. Dats CRAZY 2 believe.
We need a coach values winning more than friendship.
Coach 2 keep on da staff.....
Coach Coley
Coach Brown.
Coach Carroll
Coach Kehoe.
Butch or Chudd would fill out. Sciano D.C

Why in the helll would someone who has been both a College and NFL HC come to Miami to be a DC?

First off. Golde is gone trust me.......The good thing about that is so is no D Dnofrio. Butch davis would be an Excellent hire, he is a Defensive minded coach he has learned valuable lessons over the years, He is a GREAT RECRUITER and he knows how to recruit south florida. He has to keep Coley he can recruit and he will get better at calling plays. Miami would totally be back in 2 yeats tops. There is talent there and more coming, they just need a defensive coach to lead them the right way. Randy Shannon as defensive coordinator is icing on the top. Randy was the first one to call out SHAPIRO and told the kids to STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!!!!

First off. Golde is gone trust me.......The good thing about that is so is no D Dnofrio. Butch davis would be an Excellent hire, he is a Defensive minded coach he has learned valuable lessons over the years, He is a GREAT RECRUITER and he knows how to recruit south florida. He has to keep Coley he can recruit and he will get better at calling plays. Miami would totally be back in 2 yeats tops. There is talent there and more coming, they just need a defensive coach to lead them the right way. Randy Shannon as defensive coordinator is icing on the top. Randy was the first one to call out SHAPIRO and told the kids to STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!!!!
I agree with everything except hiring randy shannon back

Advertisement
First of all lets stop the panic over the recruiting class. Golden and staff leaving is the best thing that can happen to this recruiting class and the football program! I am praying Penn St. brings their son and buddy back home. No regrets here. What this administration should be prepared to do is quickly offer the job to Butch Davis because he would most likely be the most affordable. Or offer Greg Schiano because I think he's as or more capable than Butch and he might be able to convince Butch to be DC. The third option would be Chudzinski because of his pro coordinating experience and knowledge of quality coaches we currently lack. All with their staff could quickly speak to recruits and HS coaches to hold the primary class together. Remember if we can be very competitive and win games next year the 2015 class has many players we need and with top notch coaching they'd be willing to commit. Plus any of these coaches are better at recognizing talent.

Randy Shannon are you crazy

I hope Al stays and really dont understand why he wouldn't. The emotion and work he put into this team through the sanction ncaa business. What he is starting to build up to this point. I think it would be foolish to leave. My hope is that he intelligently uses this opportunity to show the JC Jackson's and other recruits that have us on the list that he is all in. Use it to remove doubt for more top recruits.

CanesInSight ‏@CanesInSight 1m

Sources tell CIS that Coach Al Golden will be staying at Miami. Statement will be coming shortly

Advertisement
Back