Couple things

How does Coley stay if we hire an offensive minded coach????

It'd actually be in Coley's best interest. He can learn and parlay that into a bigger job (mid-level HC gig). It'd be in the new HC's best interest as a temporary bridge. Everyone wins.

In either case, this isn't a short-term decision. We've done that. Let's make a move that *actually* brings back what this program was built on.

Advertisement
I would really like to see Coley and Brown retained..... Blake and the admin might be able to dictate that. The only guys I see where it would be an issue with Coley is if we go with Chud or Petrino (doubt it). Of course, this is IF Golden leaves.

You must not remember the last time petrino coached at Louisville. He didn't burn bridges there he napalmed them

Advertisement
Hopefully Golden turns down PSU. If not, need to lock down top recruits.

Last edited:
Hiring James Franklin is a no-brainer, win-win hire . . . and retain both Coley and Brown. Passionate, fiesty coach. Great recruiter who can also tap into the Northeast corridor, especially DC/Baltimore/Va. He's won like no one else at a high-end academic school, tougher standards than Miami and against SEC competition. A minority head coach capable of placating Uncle Luke and others offended by the appropriate decision to cut ties with Shannon.
Understand those wanting to stay in the family (Butch, Schiano, Chud, etc.), but it is Franklin's time and Miami is the place. The guy has the "it factor'' and can win big at Miami.

Advertisement
You guys are funny "if he leaves good riddance, if he stays alright" waaaaaa chicken little the sky if falling. Nothings happened yet. everyone's sending Golden off. So PSU is comming to Miami to interview him for the job, so what. All it is an interview it's not a for gone conclusion but it's painful how pathetically emotional most people sound on this board. It is what it is, we wait see what happens and adjust accordingly, instead of bashing people, just goes to show how ignorant we've become in our society. Stop with all the ahhh my p****y hurts. You guys are good for a laugh.

You guys are funny "if he leaves good riddance, if he stays alright" waaaaaa chicken little the sky if falling. Nothings happened yet. everyone's sending Golden off. So PSU is comming to Miami to interview him for the job, so what. All it is an interview it's not a for gone conclusion but it's painful how pathetically emotional most people sound on this board. It is what it is, we wait see what happens and adjust accordingly, instead of bashing people, just goes to show how ignorant we've become in our society. Stop with all the ahhh my p****y hurts. You guys are good for a laugh.
I meant to neg you. Someone neg him for me.

How can Al Golden can possibly continue after interviewing for Penn State? I mean lets say they choose another coach over Golden... I think his process in Miami is already rotten. I really liked him but I feel there´s no way back.

Is there a chance the decision is already made and he is just giving time to the administration to get a new staff as soon as its official? Helping hold recruits and mitigating the harm? Its a possibility but something would have been leaked already.

We´ll just have to wait but the harm is done.

Advertisement
How can Al Golden can possibly continue after interviewing for Penn State? I mean lets say they choose another coach over Golden... I think his process in Miami is already rotten. I really liked him but I feel there´s no way back.

Is there a chance the decision is already made and he is just giving time to the administration to get a new staff as soon as its official? Helping hold recruits and mitigating the harm? Its a possibility but something would have been leaked already.

We´ll just have to wait but the harm is done.
I believe, unfortunately, that he will be welcomed back with open arms. No balls. Play everything safe. If we had balls, Dorito would have been gone.

Andy Slater ‏@AndySlater 7m

Source: Al Golden to inform team today that he is leaving to Penn State

I am of the opinion that if we have to sacrifice this class to get a real coach in here that can win and use his talent appropriately, then do it. As much as it would suck, I'm sick of quick fixes. It's time to become a program again. I personally think we are the right coach away from at least dominating our side of the ******* ACC...

Advertisement
I meant to neg you. Someone neg him for me.

got him

ok so its official.. the sky is falling

TouchMoney99 ‏@F5_Chad 3m
“@_NigelBethel: Should I stay or should I go? But if I leave where should I go? [crying]” G bruh, I feel like I threw up the [picture of the U] for [picture of ****]

Advertisement
Back