Couple things on Adidas deal

Advertisement
just get rid of those zelda gems on the jersey stitch and im good

This is the essence of my critique. Nike never sacrifices aesthetic for "technology" or tacky promotion of brand.
Adidas shamelessly puts their logo in the middle of the jersey, over the university name and logo. Ridiculous, and
I'm not too much of a homer to say it. I respect Nike for their creativity and brand ingenuity despite the business part of it.

Nike put the jordan logo on the side of the UNC helmet last week. I would be ****ed if anybody replaced the U with a basketball player, no matter how famous. Everybody company puts their logo over the school idenity, Nike especially.

University of North Carolina? I'm sure they were paying homage to an alum and generous billionaire booster. Think Chess, not checkers.

Come again.

LOL - I didn't realize [MENTION=14105]Mahoney-Pearson[/MENTION] was one of those Nike fanboy lemmings.

Hey, Nike dude, Adidas offered us a better deal, i.e., more fūcking money. It's business. As long as they provide the equipment needed, in the quantities needed, and the checks clear, the right choice was made. You must not be a business major - money talks, bullshīt walks, and Nike's treatment of us, including not negotiating was pure bullshīt.

I'd say "go Nike, Nike for life", because that's what you Nike zombies like, but nah, FŪCK NIKE

:durantunimpressed:
The buthurts are generally "annoyed, bothered or bugged because of a perceived insult; needlessly offended." Like you, and some of these other stans.

Nike Washed...Adidas has been making up ground for the last 5 years. Nike is still big with old heads though.

If anyone is honestly upset with everything Adidas has given us thus far, they are an idiot. We got way more money than with Nike. And the unifos are amazing right now. Like seriously if you are finding a way to complain about our current uniforms your just a hatin little bytch plain and simple. And of course we are going to have a few special uniforms every once in a while, that's what happens when your important to a company.

Advertisement
just get rid of those zelda gems on the jersey stitch and im good

This is the essence of my critique. Nike never sacrifices aesthetic for "technology" or tacky promotion of brand.
Adidas shamelessly puts their logo in the middle of the jersey, over the university name and logo. Ridiculous, and
I'm not too much of a homer to say it. I respect Nike for their creativity and brand ingenuity despite the business part of it.

Nike put the jordan logo on the side of the UNC helmet last week. I would be ****ed if anybody replaced the U with a basketball player, no matter how famous. Everybody company puts their logo over the school idenity, Nike especially.

University of North Carolina? I'm sure they were paying homage to an alum and generous billionaire booster. Think Chess, not checkers.

Come again.

I wasnt arguing that is a bad buisness decision and I am sure recruits like it. Regardless, It is "shameless" and a "tacky promotion of brand" whether you are playing chess, checkers, or UNO.

Last edited:
Bruh you sound like a hurt ex boyfriend. Nike stopped caring and left us out to rot. Adidas came by and was like "dayumm miami fine az ****, Ima holla at her". And now we about to be back. The end.

Nah...read post #208 above.

It's business, never personal. I can give respect where respect is due and call a spade a spade.

The buthurts are generally "annoyed, bothered or bugged because of a perceived insult; needlessly offended." Like you, and some of these other buthurts.

If it's "business" then you'd be saying "****" Nike, and support Adidas. Nike treated us like ****, gave us ****ty uniforms, and didn't invest into our program. This is personal for you.

nah.. read what I wrote.

I'm not mad at Adidas at all, I just realize their limitations and won't get all in my feelings over Nike's business decisions.

How you gonna say Nike treated us some type of way when the []_[] didn't treat their program with respect? For decades... Nobody will respect you if you don't respect yourself; you look inward first.

This is an underrated post by [MENTION=14105]Mahoney-Pearson[/MENTION] and it needs to be given merit. Nike didn't leave us high and dry, we didn't invest in ourselves. Retaining Golden after the 6-7 season left a bad taste in every single fan's mouth, including Nike. At the end of the day, it was a business decision. Just like it was a business decision for us to stop attending games in our disgust w the way the program was going. If Golden was fired and we showed the balls we've now shown by hiring Richt, guaranteed Nike would've re-upped. Instead we kept the guy who went 11-14 over a 1 1/2 yr span. And I see you Mahoney w your Smoking Aces Avatar.

Trying to justify Nike's way of treating its client, Miami, 5 national titles, the school that literally put them on the map in College Football, like **** because we were having down years is beyond stupid and showcases you don't understand how business works. If I need to win championships just to get practice gear for my players, you're out of your mind. Every school has down years. Your Nike agenda is weak sauce.

Last edited:
Combine that with the basketball school we are becoming and it clearly makes Nike look stupid, and a good deal for Adidas even though they paid a lot more than Nike

Bruh you sound like a hurt ex boyfriend. Nike stopped caring and left us out to rot. Adidas came by and was like "dayumm miami fine az ****, Ima holla at her". And now we about to be back. The end.

It's business, never personal. I can give respect where respect is due and call a spade a spade.

The buthurts are generally "annoyed, bothered or bugged because of a perceived insult; needlessly offended." Like you, and some of these other buthurts.

If it's "business" then you'd be saying "****" Nike, and support Adidas. Nike treated us like ****, gave us ****ty uniforms, and didn't invest into our program. This is personal for you.

nah.. read what I wrote.

I'm not mad at Adidas at all, I just realize their limitations and won't get all in my feelings over Nike's business decisions.

How you gonna say Nike treated us some type of way when the []_[] didn't treat their program with respect? For decades... Nobody will respect you if you don't respect yourself; you look inward first.

This is an underrated post by [MENTION=14105]Mahoney-Pearson[/MENTION] and it needs to be given merit. Nike didn't leave us high and dry, we didn't invest in ourselves. Retaining Golden after the 6-7 season left a bad taste in every single fan's mouth, including Nike. At the end of the day, it was a business decision. Just like it was a business decision for us to stop attending games in our disgust w the way the program was going. If Golden was fired and we showed the balls we've now shown by hiring Richt, guaranteed Nike would've re-upped. Instead we kept the guy who went 11-14 over a 1 1/2 yr span. And I see you Mahoney w your Smoking Aces Avatar.

Enough of this bullsh!te about Golden. Every goddammn team in college football has had a bad coach or two, and their shoe companies don't abandon them.

This is getting ridiculous. UnderArmour shows excessive favoritism to Maryland, the alma mater of their founder. Nike shows excessive favoritism to Oregon, the founder's alma mater, as well as North Carolina, the second founder's alma mater (Michael Jordan).

adidas is not so bound.

And we have to be honest, when our contract came up, Nike was simply looking at other universities over UM, even after everything we had done. I work in business, I can respect business, but you also have to respect business relationships. Not every one of your business partners has record-breaking business every year. Yes, Miami was down at the time, but what other school has had TWO ESPN documentaries done on them, the second one about how we rose from the ashes?

To think that Miami wasn't worth partnering with anymore was short-sighted. Nike made a ton of money off of us over the years, and that at least merits a decent counteroffer. Christ, nobody was looking for Oregon-level uniform design, just a solid looking CORRECT COLOR set of uniforms and a comparable paycheck.

Nike ****e the bed. adidas stepped up. Stop blaming Al motherfvcking Golden.

Advertisement
TBH, I'm happy with the adidas move. I think you'll find adidas has been keeping up with or trumping Nike in the innovation/release/collaboration/upward trend department.

Adidas will never have the volume that Nike has but if you break it down my new customers and trend, adidas has them.

I just wanted to say I was at first really disappointed we were leaving Nike. It's a great brand, good designs and it's a good recruiting tool. But Adidas has embraced this program. No one liked the font, new font. Feathers weren't popular, new throwback unis and now even more special stuff upcoming. Having to wear the older Nike uniforms for practice gear, now it seems like we have fresh practice gear all the time. New cleats constantly, tons of gear for the players outside of practice, gear care packages to alumni, constant pimping on social media of the Miami brand. It was the right decision no question.

All I know is the extra Adidas money came at a time when we needed a massive coaching upgrade, which we got. I don't believe in coincidences. Thank you, Adidas!

Advertisement
Adidas has completely turned it around with boost, tubular, yeezy, etc. They are consistently making nicer and cooler shoes than Nike right now. It's pretty crazy. They're on the up and so are we. Good times.

Like some have mentioned already it seems Adidas is becoming the "cool" brand among the young kids these days. Plus all the perks they giving doesn't hurt either.

Advertisement
**** anyone still worked up about Nike...been stocking up on new gear, Adidas **** is smooth

nah.. read what I wrote.

Enough of this bullsh!te about Golden. Every goddammn team in college football has had a bad coach or two, and their shoe companies don't abandon them.

This is getting ridiculous. UnderArmour shows excessive favoritism to Maryland, the alma mater of their founder. Nike shows excessive favoritism to Oregon, the founder's alma mater, as well as North Carolina, the second founder's alma mater (Michael Jordan).

adidas is not so bound.

And we have to be honest, when our contract came up, Nike was simply looking at other universities over UM, even after everything we had done. I work in business, I can respect business, but you also have to respect business relationships. Not every one of your business partners has record-breaking business every year. Yes, Miami was down at the time, but what other school has had TWO ESPN documentaries done on them, the second one about how we rose from the ashes?

To think that Miami wasn't worth partnering with anymore was short-sighted. Nike made a ton of money off of us over the years, and that at least merits a decent counteroffer. Christ, nobody was looking for Oregon-level uniform design, just a solid looking CORRECT COLOR set of uniforms and a comparable paycheck.

But u have to, to some extent. It wasn't just Golden; it was Randy Shannon, and the last several years of Coker; BUT, to your point regarding our business relationships, I totally agree w you. The fact we pioneered something that would catapult Nike from an athletic shoe force to an apparel force, should've had some merit.

They low balled us; like u said, they looked at the other chick while we were staying loyal. I'm glad Blake broke off the relationship after they low balled us. It'll come back to bite them, just like them doing Curry shady came to bite them. They've given up on quality commodities too quick, and it's becoming their downfall. Same thing w Kanye, not allowing him creative power and consult him on release dates, amount of inventory released, etc. Honestly, I was upset when we left, b/c of our partnership, but after speaking to my frat who works for Nike, and is also a Cane fan, peeling back all the layers, Nike been doing us shady. They started losing interest in us around 09 and we kept loyal to them, even though we were getting low ball products and contracts. I'm happy that Adidas swooped us up and r treating us like we should be treated.

Adidas has completely turned it around with boost, tubular, yeezy, etc. They are consistently making nicer and cooler shoes than Nike right now. It's pretty crazy. They're on the up and so are we. Good times.

That's what happens when u shade ur three best designers and they go across the street to Adidas and get paid handsomely and get creative power.

nah.. read what I wrote.

adidas is not so bound.

But u have to, to some extent. It wasn't just Golden; it was Randy Shannon, and the last several years of Coker; BUT, to your point regarding our business relationships, I totally agree w you. The fact we pioneered something that would catapult Nike from an athletic shoe force to an apparel force, should've had some merit.

They low balled us; like u said, they looked at the other chick while we were staying loyal. I'm glad Blake broke off the relationship after they low balled us. It'll come back to bite them, just like them doing Curry shady came to bite them. They've given up on quality commodities too quick, and it's becoming their downfall. Same thing w Kanye, not allowing him creative power and consult him on release dates, amount of inventory released, etc. Honestly, I was upset when we left, b/c of our partnership, but after speaking to my frat who works for Nike, and is also a Cane fan, peeling back all the layers, Nike been doing us shady. They started losing interest in us around 09 and we kept loyal to them, even though we were getting low ball products and contracts. I'm happy that Adidas swooped us up and r treating us like we should be treated.

What Frat are you in?

Advertisement
Back