Could Scaife be an option at DT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
What is the big deal with the flag? Does it represent Slavery? Not entirely. It represents Southern heritage and culture - of which unfortunately, part of it was slavery. Slavery is long gone. Does racism still exist today - of course it does. Look no further than the White House. However, the Bars and Stars represent the quintessential Southern culture - which is distinct and unique to other parts of our country. Not everyone with a flag in their yard or on their truck is racist - they are just proud southerners - of which I am one.

Proud of what, exactly - what is "southern culture", other than a wistfulness for a time when blacks "knew their place"

"Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" - is that it? Didn't know you need a flag to commemorate one's love of biscuits and gravy (which are **** good if done right, admittedly).

proxy.php

What is the big deal with the flag? Does it represent Slavery? Not entirely. It represents Southern heritage and culture - of which unfortunately, part of it was slavery. Slavery is long gone. Does racism still exist today - of course it does. Look no further than the White House. However, the Bars and Stars represent the quintessential Southern culture - which is distinct and unique to other parts of our country. Not everyone with a flag in their yard or on their truck is racist - they are just proud southerners - of which I am one.

Proud of what, exactly - what is "southern culture", other than a wistfulness for a time when blacks "knew their place"

"Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" - is that it? Didn't know you need a flag to commemorate one's love of biscuits and gravy (which are **** good if done right, admittedly).

I agree with your love of biscuits and gravy lol. But, its just not limited to food - Southerners have a distinct cuisine, a different dialect of english (call it what you will - it is by all definitions - a dialect of standard American English), values, religion (most are Baptist - highest concentration of Baptists in the country. The list can go on - but I think my point is clear.

Advertisement

I agree with your love of biscuits and gravy lol. But, its just not limited to food - Southerners have a distinct cuisine, a different dialect of english (call it what you will - it is by all definitions - a dialect of standard American English), values, religion (most are Baptist - highest concentration of Baptists in the country. The list can go on - but I think my point is clear.

Yes, yes it it is. The point that the white south has no true reasonable claim to maintaining that symbol to preserve their culture, and that they are woefully unaware of how humiliated of the association with them the rest of the country is.

Just because something was historically part of you, doesn't actually make it something you should be trying to preserve.

Then as a proud southerner, why don't you fly a flag with grits on it or something? It's within your ability to choose a new symbol that hasn't been used to promote hate by the KKK and other white supremacists.

Advertisement
Imo Imo i think DJ gets moved to DT next year . So Ford and DJ last year and 3 this year .

I' m going to offer my support for most of this response. I'm disappointed that you couldn't resist taking a shot at President Trump. The confederate flag is nothing more then a harmless symbol of southern pride akin to the football flags waving on cars on their way to a college weekend. the face of racism is subtle and manifest itself in the workplace and criminal justice system not the public display of a flag. The attention given to this issue comes from the political cesspool where most of social conflict come from. It's only a question of time until politicians see points to be gained by removing the faces of Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis from Stone Mountain in Atlanta,Ga. the heart of the south and like all of the other flag talk will accomplish nothing except to perhaps promote racism.

Last edited:
Could the moderation team please close this thread? Only a matter of time before the usual post whores find this thread and make more trouble.

Advertisement
did we ever ascertain if Orange park was a confederate stronghold or not???

Bunch of sheep listening and following whatever the media has you believe today.

Propaganda at its finest.

Advertisement
providing justification for the use of that flag or minimizing that symbol of hate with the argument that its "southern heritage" is asinine.

***** DO YOU HAVE A CONFEDERATE FLAG IN YOUR AVATARS PICTURE.

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A REDNECK SEC SCHOOL WEBSITE?

EXPLAIN WHAT THE ENTIRE FYUCK YOU GOT GOING ON.

You've been misguided about this actual meaning of this flag.

I knew there would be atleast one racist ******* that would try to counter with this argument

CanesInSight = social justice beacon of truth??

Lmfaooooo @ these two soft shouldered triggered pussies.

Waaa waaaa - YOURE A RACIST! Hahaaa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back