Couch has been elevated over Blades...

He's not a tackler. No way he could play safety in our scheme when our safeties usually are at the top of the list in tackling numbers. Hes a cb
This.

But there’s no need to knock Blades. He’s a decent corner.

He’s just not great. Problem is we haven’t had great in years.

Couch has the speed, hips and smoothness as an athlete that we haven’t had at the position in a while.

Advertisement
LOL. You call me a "goofy m'fer" then get upset when I call you something back? Typical Trophy Generation clown. "Daddy, that dumb motherfking piece of **** called me ugly!!!"
Upset ? Don’t be ridiculous 😂 However , you weren’t calling me something “back” unless this was posted by a different The Franchise with your same exact profile picture . Or maybe it doesn’t count because you didn’t mention me directly . Who knows . Keep dancing around the fact you made zero sense

Attachments

• 896EE486-245E-42B8-9920-4DF0124DC85C.jpeg
    896EE486-245E-42B8-9920-4DF0124DC85C.jpeg
    448.8 KB · Views: 31
So what is that elite recruiting doing for LSU’s secondary right now ? Please explain why they’re giving up almost 340 pass yards a game

Yall fools bring up one year where they're decimated with injuries, early departures, opt outs and the defense changed. No one in their right mind would take Rumph over Raymond or even think about it. LSU hired a bum as a DC and the whole defense hates his scheme. Bo will be fired because he's terrible.

In the 5 years what has Rumph done? UCF has higher draft picks and may have their 2nd 1st round pick at CB since he's been here. In regards of developing CBs he's running 4th or 5th on the state.

lashlee said today that Donaldson will be playing moving forward. Let’s see how many snaps and how much Donaldson can contribute

This is huge news if healthy.

How is his weight?

People forget Donaldson is a road grader at guard when he is not too heavy. THAT is his biggest problem.

Advertisement
Man if I see this Scaife out of position excuse again. STOP IT. Stop making excuses for him. No matter what position, you play, it doesn't excuse total whiffs on blocks and not picking up assignments on stunts.

Every thread is this same **** lame excuse

Not everybody that can block ends can block tackles and vice versa.

People been skeptical of Scaife at guard for years and we are seeing why.

Recruiting and development failures snow ball over time and end up with guys being asked to do things they never showed. This is detrimental to both the team and individual player.

Yall fools bring up one year where they're decimated with injuries, early departures, opt outs and the defense changed. No one in their right mind would take Rumph over Raymond or even think about it. LSU hired a bum as a DC and the whole defense hates his scheme. Bo will be fired because he's terrible.

In the 5 years what has Rumph done? UCF has higher draft picks and may have their 2nd 1st round pick at CB since he's been here. In regards of developing CBs he's running 4th or 5th on the state.
All I hear are excuses , especially when Missouri was down their top 3 receivers due to COVID , and their QB still went 29-34 for 400 yards . Please tell me who was even hurt in the LSU secondary because I think you just made that up . I was responding to someone claiming that it’s 85% recruiting and coaching doesn’t matter all that much . Every single one of LSUs DBs are highly rated no ? Nothing you said should change that according to his logic

I was never arguing that Rumph was a good coach , or that ppl would want him over Raymond, fool . Obviously Raymond has a better track record as he should considering he coaches at several colleges before LSU while Rumph only had HS ex. But I’m talking about present day , and you’re making excuses for Raymond that Rumph doesn’t get

Advertisement
I think Blades can leave Miami as a very productive player. If he comes back, I'm looking for a Jenkins, Redwine, Colbert type of senior season from him. He's got the athleticism, just needs to make a few more adjustments to be really good, IMHO.

That said, Couch is so instinctual. Kid is a blanket. Really excited he's emerging now. We need a playmaker at CB to be able to stop Wake and UNC.

UCF beat him out for a cb last year...a LEGACY at that

But but but Manny only plays upperclassmen and this staff has a love affair with seniority. Now we have to find something else to complain about

I’ve always been a Blades fan. I think he is a good corner and is just in a slump. He’s a real hard worker and will overcome. Not saying he’ll retake starting spot cause Couch is IMO our best corner

Advertisement
Blades gets hype cause the name....he's a take still to me but I didn't expect him to be some shut down cb. He doesn't turn his head doesn't trust his speed and got benched at STA for a reason. Love his attitude he plays hard and bleeds cane but it is what it is. We need an influx of talent at CB I like Tim Burns alot but the staff is unable to snag studs here.....a coaching change at that position is desperately needed.
He doesn't look like a natural at corner, at all. Every play it looks like he's over thinking things and getting caught out of position. He has talent, but corner is a bad fit. Maybe Diaz can create a new position. Let's call it Sniper. It's when we need one shot to take an opposing player out, but don't want to risk losing a starter.

Advertisement
Back