Cote's new article (RE: Butch)

Ohio_Cane

WE BACK!!!
Premium
Place bets on Butch Davis at your own risk: Anonymous UM sources feeding the media about how Butch Davis has not been ruled as as the next Hurricanes football coach -- be careful what you believe. Those sources obviously want to appease Miami fans by suggesting no rock will be unturned in the search for the best man. And, since Davis is a fan favorite, it is in UM's clear interest to appear to seriously consider him. The reality: I'm told Davis is a longshot.

Canes' fake interest in Butch Davis, kiss Jose Fernandez goodbye, Heat yays/nays, UM hoops, NHL's math, Starbucks: A 6-pack of Thursday thoughts; plus Lobos T-shirts update & more | Greg Cote's Random Evidence Blog

Advertisement
- Writes an article asking to be believed.

- Tells people not to believe what is read.

Advertisement
All I can say is, if it's Maryo, I am going to save a ton of $$$ in the next 5-7 years.

- Writes an article asking to be believed.

- Tells people not to believe what is read.

Are meme's acceptable? Just testing the boiling waters.

07c.jpg

So it's going to be Butch...it's not going to be Butch....Butch has been hired, but we have to wait until thanksgiving....Butch is a long shot, but his name is thrown out there to shut fans up

Did I miss anything?

Advertisement
cote may be understating the possibility of butch but its pretty clear to me Butch is the fall back guy. butch is going to get offered if they whiff on their top two candidates.

Cote's last scoop was a spoonful of Rocky Road that he wrestled away from Tim Reynolds.

cote may be understating the possibility of butch but its pretty clear to me Butch is the fall back guy. butch is going to get offered if they whiff on their top two candidates.

What kind of candidates are in their top two? If it is two proven names, then I don't mind. I just don't want to get another ****** coach.

Advertisement

I think he's further down the list than that.

If we hire Butch, it means they missed on EVERYONE else they really wanted, not just the top 2.

I think he's further down the list than that.

If we hire Butch, it means they missed on EVERYONE else they really wanted, not just the top 2.

Agreed. Was trying to be kind to those that think butch is high on the list. I think he's a fall back for them. Bottom line.

Advertisement
So it's going to be Butch...it's not going to be Butch....Butch has been hired, but we have to wait until thanksgiving....Butch is a long shot, but his name is thrown out there to shut fans up

Did I miss anything?

Those dumb asses who run that school are ***** ups. How long does it take to talk to the top 5 coaches they want and pick one? They should have all the vetting done a year ago, these dumb asses are going to kill this class if they don't get off of their asses. Pathetic F idiots running that school. If it's Butch he should have been hired within a week of the Golden firing. Even if they left things the way it is now till the end of the season, he could be out there recruiting and putting his staff together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Place bets on Butch Davis at your own risk: Anonymous UM sources feeding the media about how Butch Davis has not been ruled as as the next Hurricanes football coach -- be careful what you believe. Those sources obviously want to appease Miami fans by suggesting no rock will be unturned in the search for the best man. And, since Davis is a fan favorite, it is in UM's clear interest to appear to seriously consider him. The reality: I'm told Davis is a longshot.

Canes' fake interest in Butch Davis, kiss Jose Fernandez goodbye, Heat yays/nays, UM hoops, NHL's math, Starbucks: A 6-pack of Thursday thoughts; plus Lobos T-shirts update & more | Greg Cote's Random Evidence Blog

Or, Miami wants to pretend to doing complete search before they announce Butch and his sources are raising mushrooms between his ears. Either way if BOT and Blake think that "considering" Butch is going to be enough to wash away 12 years of BS and self-destruction they are crazy. For me, none of these little boys they are running up the flagpole are going to get one frigging penny from me. If Saban or Urban don't walk up to the mike to announce they are taking the job, if frigging better be Butch Davis.

I actually want Butch more than either of those two because we don't know if they can recruit without bagmen. I will give them the benefit of the doubt on those two but none other.

A week from now we'll start to get real rumors, most of which will be BS. Fun plane tracking type rumors. For now we are left with reporters making **** up.

Advertisement
Back