Cote's new article (RE: Butch)

This guy and Rim were competing to see who could blow Golden the best. In any case, I wouldn't put it past UM to do that. They're that vindictively incompetent. So who knows, if they think they can make it seem like they're giving Butch a chance then it comes out they didn't after hiring Cristobal and it will go down well.....lol

Advertisement
cote may be understating the possibility of butch but its pretty clear to me Butch is the fall back guy. butch is going to get offered if they whiff on their top two candidates.

Well lets pray to God that the top two guys aren't named Cristobal or Chud. Those two guys should be the fallback guy if they can't get Butch for some reason. Actually I still wouldn't want Mario if they can't get Butch, I would rather roll the dice with a mid-major guy.

I'm more convinced that outside of the 3 making the decision and handful of others, no one knows ****.

Cote seems to be wrong most of the time. I can't think of anyone in the media that has real insider contacts at the U.

Advertisement
i been telling u ever before golden was fired. all these reporters are in the tank for Mario. mario has like 3 kids on the bama roster from south florida and they went there because of saban. i have even seen people say he got amari cooper there even thought he wasnt even there yet lol

Place bets on Butch Davis at your own risk: Anonymous UM sources feeding the media about how Butch Davis has not been ruled as as the next Hurricanes football coach -- be careful what you believe. Those sources obviously want to appease Miami fans by suggesting no rock will be unturned in the search for the best man. And, since Davis is a fan favorite, it is in UM's clear interest to appear to seriously consider him. The reality: I'm told Davis is a longshot.

Canes' fake interest in Butch Davis, kiss Jose Fernandez goodbye, Heat yays/nays, UM hoops, NHL's math, Starbucks: A 6-pack of Thursday thoughts; plus Lobos T-shirts update & more | Greg Cote's Random Evidence Blog

Or, Miami wants to pretend to doing complete search before they announce Butch and his sources are raising mushrooms between his ears. Either way if BOT and Blake think that "considering" Butch is going to be enough to wash away 12 years of BS and self-destruction they are crazy. For me, none of these little boys they are running up the flagpole are going to get one frigging penny from me. If Saban or Urban don't walk up to the mike to announce they are taking the job, if frigging better be Butch Davis.

I actually want Butch more than either of those two because we don't know if they can recruit without bagmen. I will give them the benefit of the doubt on those two but none other.

You had me up until the Saban / Meyer comment. Those type of dudes, especially Saban, cheat hard up front to get the best of the best (or those **** rogue boosters that act on their own lol) and then develop and win with those kids....snowball effect. If we were to get one of those guys in another lifetime, their history of winning big would immediately draw recruits, not to mention the proper development.

There will be a "learning curve", even for Butch...but I agree...much less of one than most.

As to UM placating us with alleged Butch consideration, I have no doubt that is occurring to a large degree...and if and when the bigger fish decline or terms can't be reached, that will likely be his only shot.

UM

I am concerned that this is going on. It's fake interest to please the fan base. On the flip side, I doubt they hire Mario because there will be a revolt. Just find the right guy **** it

Advertisement
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Advertisement
I don't think they are seriously considering butch either. Look at the piece barry jackson did and the guy he talked to basically said butch would be a last resort option.

Cote: Philbin Safe!! Dolphins will not fire Joe Philbin: 2 hours after its publication, Philbin fired.

Cote: Cane fans, don't waste your breath, UM will not fire Golden mid-season: 1 week later, Golden fired.

Cote: Philbin Safe!! Dolphins will not fire Joe Philbin: 2 hours after its publication, Philbin fired.

Cote: Cane fans, don't waste your breath, UM will not fire Golden mid-season: 1 week later, Golden fired.

Most people down here know he's basically a professional clown at this point.

B-pQgB-UIAAwV6k.jpg

Advertisement
Nobody knows anything right now .

I honestly think they're still putting feelers out and seeing who's interested . That's at least what an AD with sense should be doing . There's no hurry

The only guy to trust - and it's been proven over the years - is Barry Jackson.

All of these other guys, including Cote, are clowns of the highest order.

Advertisement
Back