Cory White, Jermaine Johnson, CP Update

If true, I am glad White doesn't get a fifth year. He has done nothing and we don't need him in any way. Good luck.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everything on the internets should be TFWIW until confirmed by someone paid by Miami.

We got an awful lot of chatter boxes on this team

****. no kidding. it's ridiculous.

I've been good athletic teams in the past, and we always carried an arrogance about us. Not amongst ourselves where we thought we were better than each other, but ANYONE who wasn't in our circle.

With that being said, I couldn't imagine us divulging information from behind the walls to outsiders. Many great teams are jerks to common folk because they are so together. They run in packs and always are about each other before anyone else. We seem to have a couple of guys who don't have a pack mentality.

This will bring about some jokes, but during the last few dark years of Paterno's reign at PSU. He had some issues with players getting into altercations with the student body and he didn't advise them to cooperate with administrative investigation the school did, because it went against the theory of everything being kept in house and worked out amongst the team. Now we later found out, they took silence to another level, but that "pack of wolves" mentality is very prevalent amongst great teams.

I think that some of the players, in this case CW and JJ, probably feel that they are outside of the "pack" and therefore feel less bound to the program and keeping certain information behind closed doors. This could come from either the coaching change or simply the fact that they got beat out by better players but it's def not AG's fault in any way because he was very clear from day 1 in saying that the best players in practice would be on the field come Saturday. CP was disgruntled because he felt that he was ready to go a couple weeks before he saw the field, but that's not his decision it comes down to medical clearance and not his personal opinion.

Golden has maintained this cohesion and "pack" mentality with the vast majority of the team, however in this case there are a few Shannon recruits who are left over as outliers

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or on EITS but it has schollie relevance so I came here.

I was chillin with these 3 last night and got some updates on their statuses.
Cory White has officially been released from the team. The medical staff has told him that the major knee injury that he suffered (dont remember exactly what) won't allow him to continue to play so the release decision what agreed upon by both sides and not bitter. The administration is giving him a scholarship to finish his masters next year but he said it isn't affiliated with the team's schollies whatsoever.

Not sure what JJ's status was previously but I was told yesterday that he is currently filling out paperwork to transfer to Arizona State. Not sure if he was currently officially on the team and taking up a schollie but if so he's planning on leaving.

Talked to Curtis about possibly going pro and didn't get a straight answer either way. Granted we were pretty ****ed up but still sounded like he was either just not telling or hasnt decided yet so I honestly have no clue

Another quick note... from talking to all three of these players none of them have much respect for Golden and do not like him as a coach. Part of this may be that depth chart position and lack of PT but they echoed what we have already heard about a disparity between Shannon and Golden recruits. They went on to say that he likes to talk a lot and then fails to backup what he says and lead by example.

Again this is not my subjective opinion just what i'm relaying from the players themselves

These kids did not respect Shannon either

Advertisement
Advertisement
Only players who complain about Golden favoring his recruits over Shannon recruits are the ones who suck and don't play because they suck.

Golden is playing a lot of Shannon's guys; the ones that are actually useful.

I call bull****z on you and this thread...

Can't wait until the dead weight is gone from the team...almost there!

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or on EITS but it has schollie relevance so I came here.

I was chillin with these 3 last night and got some updates on their statuses.
Cory White has officially been released from the team. The medical staff has told him that the major knee injury that he suffered (dont remember exactly what) won't allow him to continue to play so the release decision what agreed upon by both sides and not bitter. The administration is giving him a scholarship to finish his masters next year but he said it isn't affiliated with the team's schollies whatsoever.

Not sure what JJ's status was previously but I was told yesterday that he is currently filling out paperwork to transfer to Arizona State. Not sure if he was currently officially on the team and taking up a schollie but if so he's planning on leaving.

Talked to Curtis about possibly going pro and didn't get a straight answer either way. Granted we were pretty ****ed up but still sounded like he was either just not telling or hasnt decided yet so I honestly have no clue

Another quick note... from talking to all three of these players none of them have much respect for Golden and do not like him as a coach. Part of this may be that depth chart position and lack of PT but they echoed what we have already heard about a disparity between Shannon and Golden recruits. They went on to say that he likes to talk a lot and then fails to backup what he says and lead by example.

Again this is not my subjective opinion just what i'm relaying from the players themselves

Advertisement
I just lol cuz I dont give a ****

If Porter is dumb enough to declare now then so long. the other 2 have contributed right about ZERO

Advertisement
Back