Cory White, Jermaine Johnson, CP Update

Blumes711

Recruit
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or on EITS but it has schollie relevance so I came here.

I was chillin with these 3 last night and got some updates on their statuses.
Cory White has officially been released from the team. The medical staff has told him that the major knee injury that he suffered (dont remember exactly what) won't allow him to continue to play so the release decision what agreed upon by both sides and not bitter. The administration is giving him a scholarship to finish his masters next year but he said it isn't affiliated with the team's schollies whatsoever.

Not sure what JJ's status was previously but I was told yesterday that he is currently filling out paperwork to transfer to Arizona State. Not sure if he was currently officially on the team and taking up a schollie but if so he's planning on leaving.

Talked to Curtis about possibly going pro and didn't get a straight answer either way. Granted we were pretty ****ed up but still sounded like he was either just not telling or hasnt decided yet so I honestly have no clue

Another quick note... from talking to all three of these players none of them have much respect for Golden and do not like him as a coach. Part of this may be that depth chart position and lack of PT but they echoed what we have already heard about a disparity between Shannon and Golden recruits. They went on to say that he likes to talk a lot and then fails to backup what he says and lead by example.

Again this is not my subjective opinion just what i'm relaying from the players themselves

Advertisement
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or on EITS but it has schollie relevance so I came here.

Cory White has officially been released from the team. The medical staff has told him that the major knee injury that he suffered (dont remember exactly what) won't allow him to continue to play so the release decision what agreed upon by both sides and not bitter. The administration is giving him a scholarship to finish his masters next year but he said it isn't affiliated with the team's schollies whatsoever.

Not sure what JJ's status was previously but I was told yesterday that he is currently filling out paperwork to transfer to Arizona State. Not sure if he was currently officially on the team and taking up a schollie but if so he's planning on leaving.

Talked to Curtis about possibly going pro and didn't get a straight answer either way. Granted we were pretty ****ed up but still sounded like he was either just not telling or hasnt decided yet so I honestly have no clue

Another quick note... from talking to all three of these players none of them have much respect for Golden and do not like him as a coach. Part of this may be that depth chart position and lack of PT but they echoed what we have already heard about a disparity between Shannon and Golden recruits. They went on to say that he likes to talk a lot and then fails to backup what he says and lead by example.

Again this is not my subjective opinion just what i'm relaying from the players themselves

yeah and freshmen that i chill with are the exact opposite.

Briscoe definitely took a big one for the team, especially the coaches.

It's obvious if you were recruited by Randy, your me first attitude is not wanted. Some, like mike James, fit in. Most of Randy's kids never will.

Advertisement
This isn't uncommon... Most players feel loyal to the coach that recruited them... I met a few players when Shannon was fired and they all expressed that they felt he was a good coach but they never executed when they were in position to make plays... I'm sure everyone on the defense would say the same for coach D (the players he recruited) or anyone of Golden's players... I think Brady Quinn was sour at the beginning of Ty Willinghams firing... It happens all the time...

Jimmy Gaines, Davon Johnson, Brandon McGee, AND Stephen Morris AND Jacory Harris would like a word with these guys as well

Crazy how big of a divide there is.

Wonder if this goes on elsewhere during a coaching transition.

yeah, b/c white and JJ got a raw deal when golden came in. they were poised to start if shannon was still here.
(rolls eyes)

Advertisement

Thanks for the info. Any idea what they meant by Golden not backing up his talk? Seems like the complete opposite of everything I hear and nice to hear that the freshmen don't feel that way.

Jimmy Gaines, Davon Johnson, Brandon McGee, AND Stephen Morris AND Jacory Harris would like a word with these guys as well

It happens all the time man... Not everyone is going to side with the new guy... All the players you mentioned are probably more open minded than those mentioned by the op... I'm sure all of them have appreciation for the previous regime as well... A lot of these guys are mature enough to realize its a business nothing against either guy...

that dissention between golden and shannon players will be over with as soon as all shannons players are gone. wouldnt worry about players not being on the golden wagon, because the players he recruited obviously are, and thats the only thing we should care about at this point. how many of shannons disciples are left? like 15?

Advertisement
Players were just as bitter when Shannon took over for Coker. He let a bunch of guys go and some of those guys ended on that yahoo report. People dont like change. Why earn it for this new coach when I supposedly earned it for the last one?

Lazy football players will HATE guys like Parcells, Jimmy, and Golden, because they will make your life a living ****

Haha whoa come on man... We can't include Golden with Parcells or Jimmy yet... And I don't know if any of those guys are lazy... CP is a hard worker... White got a Medical hardship about 3 years ago and then came back... I really don't know what his situation is... AS for JJ I don't know, but I don't think the issue is being lazy... Their issues probably stem from just not liking Golden... And If thats the case they should all move on or just keep quiet and do what he asks... No coach is liked by all of his players... I mean Rainey came out talking about how Meyer played favorites and allowed Harvin, Dunlap and Spikes to do what they wanted. However, it didn't matter during Meyer's tenure because Rainey had enough respect to do what the coach asked of him... And to be honest thats all I want my players to do... Just listen to the coach... Just do what Golden asks of you...

Advertisement
Lazy football players will HATE guys like Parcells, Jimmy, and Golden, because they will make your life a living ****

Haha whoa come on man... We can't include Golden with Parcells or Jimmy yet... And I don't know if any of those guys are lazy... CP is a hard worker... White got a Medical hardship about 3 years ago and then came back... I really don't know what his situation is... AS for JJ I don't know, but I don't think the issue is being lazy... Their issues probably stem from just not liking Golden... And If thats the case they should all move on or just keep quiet and do what he asks... No coach is liked by all of his players... I mean Rainey came out talking about how Meyer played favorites and allowed Harvin, Dunlap and Spikes to do what they wanted. However, it didn't matter during Meyer's tenure because Rainey had enough respect to do what the coach asked of him... And to be honest thats all I want my players to do... Just listen to the coach... Just do what Golden asks of you...

I've heard CP described as ANYTHING but a hard worker from multiple sources. He's about as far from a hard worker/team guy as you can get

Thanks for the info. Any idea what they meant by Golden not backing up his talk? Seems like the complete opposite of everything I hear and nice to hear that the freshmen don't feel that way.
S. Morris speech(4:28) is enough for me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebLkRSZ7lbU&feature=g-all

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back