Cory Johnson 2014 JUCO NT mid-yr highlights

We need at least 1 more grown man (JUCO or 5th year guy) to play NT for 2014, it would be a great fit. Probably the most important position on this defense and one of the most hard to find.

Currently we have Stuckey/Moore/Valentine/Jenkins at that spot for next year. Maybe King as well. That is very worrisome but I'm sure the staff is all over this. The Renfrow pick up this year was beyond big.

DT Chickillo part time, Pierre, probably Moten, Moore, Hamilton, King. NT Jenkins,Valentine, Stuckey and we will land someone either Johnson or 5th year guy..

I said when Chick first got here to look at his grandpa and his dad. They're both big-boned large dudes, and both were DTs here. By the time next year rolls around, at the rate he's going, Chick will be 290, and he'll be playing a lot of DT.

Advertisement
No need to change Chick's role, he's perfect at his job right now. DE in our 3-4, move inside on pass rush situation.

No need to change Chick's role, he's perfect at his job right now. DE in our 3-4, move inside on pass rush situation.

His natural and weight room growth is going to change his role. On top of that, it's up to the coaches to put guys where they're most needed and can help. We'll have an abundance of DEs next year, but experienced players in the middle will be scarce. I'll gladly take a relatively quick 290 pound senior Chick giving us some reps at a position of need--DT.

Kid HAD to have gotten paid. Why in gawd's name else would anyone commit to play football at Keeeeeentucky?

Maybe he can give them a refund?

LULZ at a refund.

What're they gonna do, run to the NCAA and say he reneged on their bribe?

His natural and weight room growth is going to change his role. On top of that, it's up to the coaches to put guys where they're most needed and can help. We'll have an abundance of DEs next year, but experienced players in the middle will be scarce. I'll gladly take a relatively quick 290 pound senior Chick giving us some reps at a position of need--DT.

If the last 2 games are any indication we have pretty much moved to a 3-4. I just rewatched a lot of the UF game and even in pass rush situations he is lined up directly on the OT. McCord and Chick are DEs, Robinson lined up over the center, and AQM a rush LB.

Chick at 290, if he gets there, is still perfectly suited for that role. If anything we don't have many other guys on the roster who can fill it, Kamalu and Hamilton are the only other two that fit that mold. The only place we need help is at NT and Chick isn't going to play there.

Unless we revert back the 4-3 or you think he is going to play NT (not sure if you are suggesting that), I don't see how Chicks role is going to change.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Theres a reason why this guy committed to KY. Call me Chicken Little but I dont see us flipping CJohnson. I think this is a guy that is gonna play us in the end like buddy who committed to Baylor last year who was married who came on the last minute visit.. Cant remember his name. But we all thought we would flip him. In the end, he stayed in Waco. Like we all have been saying..Why commit to KY? And so early? Not getting my hopes up.

Lets try to reel in CPelon, Moten, and another "waiver wire" special. Get Moore and Kamalu in another year of UTough and see where the cards lay.

If he comes on the visit he has scheduled (12/22) then we have a chance. This visit will also be his last visit. I am sure the staff will recruit him till he reports to a school, I am sure they will tell him that at least 2 DTs (Porter and Robinson) are gone after this season. Let us also not forget that he was recruited by Al Golden at Temple and committed there before JUCO.

As for committing to Kentucky, he may be one of the best players on the team NOW. They are garbage and will be garbage. They will finish the year with 4 wins at most.

Is the player your thinking of Terrell Brooks?

So he is scheduled to visit? Nice.

Re: DTs leaving, we're losing 3 of our top 4. Porter, Robinson and Renfrow are 3 of our top 4 along with Pierre. I'm thinking he walks in next year and is a top 3 DT along with Pierre and Stuckey. I'm sure our staff is showing him the opportunity he has here. Not only with regards to playing time, but also the opportunity to be part of a winning program.

He needs to do the right thing and get down with this U.

- he told everyone he reallyliked UM and Kentucky and he knew the team he visited first would get his committment which was UK. He hasn't visited UM yet

- He's still open and not 100% committed

-He's just started watching college Football so he wants to see the teams and visit them before writing them off

-He has an ov for 12/14 at ASU and UM on 12/22 with UK still being likely and Texas Tech as another possibility

-He told Uk from day 1 he would take visits and they havent said much about it, what could they really say anyway? He feels he was up front with them from the start

-UM talks to him all the time on Fb and are not trying to hear that he's committed to anybody

-The UM coaches are like old friends because it goes years back so thats a positive

-He says he doesn't care about winning because through his high school career he won just 7 games. He just wants to play College ball

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/JUCO-DT-Cory-Johnson-Im-Still-Open-151626

Not to sure what to think of the above.

On one hand it just sounds like he commit just to commit.

On the other hand, it sounds like he doesn't have any reasons to attend a certain college or then the play college ball.

If he comes on that visit, I say we have a chance.

On the other hand, it sounds like he doesn't have any reasons to attend a certain college or then the play college ball.

Not sure what to make of this kid either. Only thing you can really fall back on is recruiting usually comes down to strong relationships, and we have been on this kid for a long long time. Maybe it wins out?

Advertisement

If the last 2 games are any indication we have pretty much moved to a 3-4. I just rewatched a lot of the UF game and even in pass rush situations he is lined up directly on the OT. McCord and Chick are DEs, Robinson lined up over the center, and AQM a rush LB.

Chick at 290, if he gets there, is still perfectly suited for that role. If anything we don't have many other guys on the roster who can fill it, Kamalu and Hamilton are the only other two that fit that mold. The only place we need help is at NT and Chick isn't going to play there.

Unless we revert back the 4-3 or you think he is going to play NT (not sure if you are suggesting that), I don't see how Chicks role is going to change.

I haven't counted the number of snaps we have played in 3-4 versus 4-3 this year, but I was referring to Chick as a 4-3 DT, not a 3-4.

Not sure what to make of this kid either. Only thing you can really fall back on is recruiting usually comes down to strong relationships, and we have been on this kid for a long long time. Maybe it wins out?

Oh Al, bring us Cory. May thy relationship be good, long and plenty.

Honestly I take it as he wanted to commit early but he's not sold at all anymore on UK. Just read the part "He told Uk from day 1 he would take visits and they havent said much about it, what could they really say anyway?" That's **** near disrespectful because it's basically saying whether they like it or not he's going to do it and if they aren't even talking to him about it how close is the relationship anyway?

****, love to have the kid, but taken back by his comment regarding not too concerned about winning - just wants to play college football. Hopefully just a goofy comment that slipped out without much thought. If not, then that explains his Kentucky commitment.

Advertisement

Honestly I take it as he wanted to commit early but he's not sold at all anymore on UK. Just read the part "He told Uk from day 1 he would take visits and they havent said much about it, what could they really say anyway?" That's **** near disrespectful because it's basically saying whether they like it or not he's going to do it and if they aren't even talking to him about it how close is the relationship anyway?

Unfortunately Kentucky doesn't have much in terms of leverage. They are nothing and will be nothing. They would suck 1000 AIDS infected cacks to be bowl eligible. They land this kid, who is sought after by a bunch of schools, and don't want to risk it. Also, how could Kentucky say no to this face?

489.jpg

Unfortunately Kentucky doesn't have much in terms of leverage. They are nothing and will be nothing. They would suck 1000 AIDS infected cacks to be bowl eligible. They land this kid, who is sought after by a bunch of schools, and don't want to risk it. Also, how could Kentucky say no to this face?

489.jpg

That's why im confident because I read it and it felt like he wished they'd say something just to drop them like they're his ******* or something and he knows they won't do anything

Advertisement
Back