Cory Flagg Post Game presser

Oh no there is no difference. Once you’re in a UM uniform and you signed the line it doesn’t matter. Period. And you guys are losers
Ok, I'm not sure where you are trying to go with this. I guess we will agree to disagree about Flagg. He should not be playing for the Canes, he is not good. Period. We need an upgrade from him at linebacker. Other than Jennings (who is not starting now), I cannot think of a worse MLB to start for Miami. If recognizing that Flagg is not a very good linebacker makes me a loser, then I guess I am a loser.

Advertisement
Ok, I'm not sure where you are trying to go with this. I guess we will agree to disagree about Flagg. He should not be playing for the Canes, he is not good. Period. We need an upgrade from him at linebacker. Other than Jennings (who is not starting now), I cannot think of a worse MLB to start for Miami. If recognizing that Flagg is not a very good linebacker makes me a loser, then I guess I am a loser.
That’s not at all what makes you a loser friend. I’ll tell you what makes you a loser. You took the time to bash a kid, after a win, just because of your personal feelings about him although he just played well in a win for YOUR favorite team because he defended his coach. That’s what makes you a loser

That’s not at all what makes you a loser friend. I’ll tell you what makes you a loser. You took the time to bash a kid, after a win, just because of your personal feelings about him although he just played well in a win for YOUR favorite team because he defended his coach. That’s what makes you a loser
Ok, so you want Flagg starting/playing as our MLB? Along with some other players (Ivey, Hall, Carter, McCloud) he should not see the field. Not sure how that's bashing him. Flagg is a good kid, just not a good linebacker.

Advertisement
Ok, so you want Flagg starting/playing as our MLB? Along with some other players (Ivey, Hall, Carter, McCloud) he should not see the field. Not sure how that's bashing him. Flagg is a good kid, just not a good linebacker.
That’s fine. I agree he agree he shouldn’t be starting. Now ask yourself what anything you just said has to do with this press conference off a good win?

That’s fine. I agree he agree he shouldn’t be starting. Now ask yourself what anything you just said has to do with this press conference off a good win?
Fair point. He was asked some questions about his coaches future in the presser. He defended his coach (which was the correct response from him). I never argued that Flagg was wrong for defending his coach. Really a bad question from the reporter.

The main topic of the presser in this video was about Manny's future. Since we all want him gone, I was basically saying Manny needs to go and he can take Flagg with him since Flagg is not UM caliber player.

Advertisement
I think some of that is Diaz was one of the only coaches to offer Flagg a power 5 Scholarship. Expect Flagg to defend him to death.
Not to mention he may be starting only because of Manny and not because he's the best one on the team. I still can't believe TAC isn't getting any burn. The staff has said the younger guys weren't ready for the first 5 games until his Seat got hotter. Low and behold you start playing the young guys and you get better results. Makes you think, who else is the staff ******** over now...

He’s going with he knows things re: the Texas guys, take it easy on ****ting all over the players as a fan.

Recognizing players deficiencies doesn’t make you a loser. Continuing to bash them … maybe that’s what he was referring to..

Advertisement
Many of you are commenting on here as though you have never played a team sport. And that is quite possibly true which at least accounts for many of the assaying comments about Flagg and Diaz. So let me fill you in on how team sports work.

Almost to a fault teams develop an us against the world mentality, even without outside assistance like writers and fans being critical of coaches. Almost to a fault players believe in their coaches. This is NORMAL BEHAVIOR. Anything else would be ABNORMAL.

The idea that Flagg made his comments to save playing time, or because he is thinking ahead to how another coach may play him is so stupid, so out of touch with how the human brain works and so out of touch with how team sports psychologically operate that many of you need to stop posting. You are clueless and by commenting on a public board you are only exposing your ignorance and the fact that you never played team sports beyond Pee Wee where your dad coached and every season ended with a pizza party and trophies.

At the end of the day, it’s Manny who he’s accountable to. So nothing wrong, unless Mannys gone and he still listens to him.

Advertisement
The linebackers probably had their best game of the year not counting Connecticut community college. Steed led the team in tackles. So Southpark’s point is a really good one.

Here you go:

Snaps: 38

Flagg graded out with a 78.8 tackling grade, which was fourth best on the defense and a 78.3 run defense grade, which was the best on the team. Flagg was officially credited with two tackles and one tackle for loss.

Advertisement
Back